• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Eyeh4wk

Crap I'm stuck...

I'm trying to do the Godwoken ritual and I'm not finding any of the ingredients to do so in the laboratory! Where are they supposed to be?

Can't ind the obsidian knife, the root, or the bowl.

If I remember right the knife and bowl are in the cupboard behind Siva and the bowl is on the floor near the incinerator.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
So new page hype, does anyone know if activating mods, then deactivating them in the official menu disables Steam achievements 100% forever?

If I complete the game, will that still register as a completed game with Steam or after one mod it's over?

Thanks in advance, fellow Sourcerers :D

Venfayth

Crap I'm stuck...

I'm trying to do the Godwoken ritual and I'm not finding any of the ingredients to do so in the laboratory! Where are they supposed to be?

Can't ind the obsidian knife, the root, or the bowl.

Once you find those...

Make sure you hang on to the knife and the bowl, as you may need them later.

Morat

Banned
can i play this without ever having played anything else in the series. just enjoying the good buzz this game has gotten.

I have never played another fantasy isometric rpg before, and I'm currently 50 hours iin. It really is a rather special game.

-Opaque-

Is anyone playing this game on their couch w/ a mouse and keyboard?

How is it?

Should be fine, there’s little need for reaction speed besides saving yourself from the path finding walking you over spotted traps. If you have one of those keyboard + touchpad combos you could comfortably play it with it on your lap and it would be a better experience than using a controller imo (it works well with a controller but the KBM UI is far better).

Should be fine, there’s little need for reaction speed besides saving yourself from the path finding walking you over spotted traps. If you have one of those keyboard + touchpad combos you could comfortably play it with it on your lap and it would be a better experience than using a controller imo (it works well with a controller but the KBM UI is far better).

Will I be able to see everything? Text options? etc. etc

ACE 1991

Man, I had to swith down from classic to explorer. Just felt like I couldn't do anything to progress in the game, even early on.

Stuck as fuck on the ship and have No fuckin idea where to go. Would love if the game gave you pointers instead of having to Google shit. Had to google that i had to loot a certain corpse to open a door, would never find dumb shit that on my own.

This is old school crpg level obtuse.

DarkestHour

Banned
Man, I had to swith down from classic to explorer. Just felt like I couldn't do anything to progress in the game, even early on.

I may be right behind you. I enjoy challenge but the AOE fire and teleporting enemies is too much for me. I imagine once I understand what I'm doing better it will be easier.

How do make the stand on the boat? Malady just dies after 3 turns. How the fuck are you supposed to do this? This is on easiest and im getting pwned hard and its frustrating only.

Made it finally but damn the game IS HARD.

-Opaque-

Will I be able to see everything? Text options? etc. etc

Ah, so you’re playing from your couch with your desktop screen rather than a TV? If it’s a TV I’ve never had a problem, if you’re far back from a smaller screen you might have some trouble with text depending on how good your eyesight is. Conversation options aren’t high contrast unless you highlight them and seeing HP/armour values would be difficult but that’s not essential.

Truant

So about the fight in
Blackpits with the endless supply of slugs. Any tips?
Everything is on fire, and my crew keeps dying.

So about the fight in

I metagamed the fuck out of it. Put oil barrels ALL OVER the ground (there's an ample supply at the cabin to the south on the beach). Then, when my archer fire arrowed one barrel, it chained and the whole floor went on fire, instantly killing almost all of the Voidwoken. When the Fire Voidwoken show up, switch to all water/air spells and weapons. Have someone instantly cast Rain and have them be the designated fireman. If you have Tornado, use it. Forgo melee for ranged water/air spells like Hail or Ice Fan. Your goal is to kill as many Voidwoken as quickly as possible.

I won't lie, it's a tough fucking fight.

Labadal

I had absolutely no problem with that fight. I stayed on the highest ground. Let the magisters and slugs, slug it out (pun intended). All the while, you whack both sides. I did lie a tiny bit. Mty problem was how excruciatingly long the fight is. I thought that it would never end.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
So new page hype, does anyone know if activating mods, then deactivating them in the official menu disables Steam achievements 100% forever?

If I complete the game, will that still register as a completed game with Steam or after one mod it's over?

Thanks in advance, fellow Sourcerers :D
I did just that and the achievements came back

Sentenza

I had absolutely no problem with that fight. I stayed on the highest ground. Let the magisters and slugs, slug it out (pun intended). All the while, you whack both sides. I did lie a tiny bit. Mty problem was how excruciatingly long the fight is. I thought that it would never end.

My only problem with the fight was trying to keep alive that idiotic Sourcerer who kept running up and down on necrofire when targets weren't close, making it really hard for me.

Labadal

My only problem with the fight was trying to keep alive that idiotic Sourcerer who kept running up and down on necrofire when targets weren't close, making it really hard for me.
That was annoying, true. Luckily for me, two of my characters had several magic armor restoration spells, and the other two characters had physical armor restoring spells. I had to use all of them several times on the NPC to keep them alive.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
act 1 spoilers

do i have to beat this alexander and this damn worm thing?

Yep. It's a lot easier if you start the fight from the outside and force them through the choke.

Sarcasm

So I was able to get two
Golden Idols of Rebirth

By hireling and pickpocketing. My question is +2 in STR & FIN worth the negative -2 to CON?

So about the fight in

Just did this one, at level 12

Necrofire is a goddamn problem

Blessing is useless

Almost wiped out, only 1 character alive

Sourcerer dead because it looks like it has a target on his back the whole fight

Didn't save, it can't go like this

I'm going to write and print a paper whith all the elemental combinations cause my memory fails me every time

Vengal

Man spell resistance in this is fucking brutal. The first game had actual armor values to weaken physical right? Some fights my mages feel insanely strong then you run into something with like 60% resist to your primary school and they basically cannot do anything.

I saw a monster cast something to weaken spell resist is that a skill I can learn?

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but sometimes when I move my characters, the camera doesn't follow. Like they go all the way to the top of the screen and I have to drag the mouse for the camera to fix.

If you click (double click?) on a character's portrait it will center the camera on them, IIRC.

But once you move the camera manually it will need to be re-focused to follow again.

Man spell resistance in this is fucking brutal. The first game had actual armor values to weaken physical right? Some fights my mages feel insanely strong then you run into something with like 60% resist to your primary school and they basically cannot do anything.

I saw a monster cast something to weaken spell resist is that a skill I can learn?

Just put all the Physical Runes you can on to either your ranger on your tank.

Shit dies.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Really kind of disappointed by the lack of balance between physical and magical damage. Realizing that the most effective way to win is just to focus on the physical damage by pumping up warfare and the primary attribute is ruining the game for me. All those cool skills and magic system is completely useless... I really really hope Larian looks into this and FAST because there is so much potential here. I am playing on Tactician and was looking forward to AI 2.0 and having to use all the skills and coming up with smart synergies to win...

Stiler

Stuck as fuck on the ship and have No fuckin idea where to go. Would love if the game gave you pointers instead of having to Google shit. Had to google that i had to loot a certain corpse to open a door, would never find dumb shit that on my own.

Are you talking about after you leave the first Island? Cause they tell you pretty much straight forward what you need to do in your journal and about any of the main characters you talk to lead you knowing what you need to do.

If you aren't you really have to read what the characters say as you talk to them or you can get lost if you just skip dialogue or such.

Really kind of disappointed by the lack of balance between physical and magical damage. Realizing that the most effective way to win is just to focus on the physical damage by pumping up warfare and the primary attribute is ruining the game for me. All those cool skills and magic system is completely useless... I really really hope Larian looks into this and FAST because there is so much potential here. I am playing on Tactician and was looking forward to AI 2.0 and having to use all the skills and coming up with smart synergies to win...

The whole Warfare thing and magic shield needs major changing imo.

As it stands if you are physical it's Warfare>

You use a bow? Warfare, you use a two hander? Warfare, it offers up the best dmg in the game over specializing into range/two handed and anything else.

Magic shields are basically broken if you have a mixed party because your physical damage can be so much greater but magic dmg takes multiple turns to simply get the barrier down and then by that time a lot of your spells are on cooldown so yeah.

Taruranto

You can press ALT to highlight items on the floor/in the room you may have missed.

The game pretty much always offers 3-4 solutions to progress, (You can also, generally, just murder everyone) You shouldn't get stuck if you talk to everyone, especially the animals.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
The whole Warfare thing and magic shield needs major changing imo.

As it stands if you are physical it's Warfare>

You use a bow? Warfare, you use a two hander? Warfare, it offers up the best dmg in the game over specializing into range/two handed and anything else.

Magic shields are basically broken if you have a mixed party because your physical damage can be so much greater but magic dmg takes multiple turns to simply get the barrier down and then by that time a lot of your spells are on cooldown so yeah.

Yes this is precisely what I'm talking about... Really killed my joy now that I'm in act 2. I was looking forward to experimenting with the builds when I got access to the mirror only to realize it actually undermines the experience because it shows you how suboptimal any build you try to go for other than warfare+primary stat.

It's going to require some major rebalance from Larian to fix this.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yes this is precisely what I'm talking about... Really killed my joy now that I'm in act 2. I was looking forward to experimenting with the builds when I got access to the mirror only to realize it actually undermines the experience because it shows you how suboptimal any build you try to go for other than warfare+primary stat.

It's going to require some major rebalance from Larian to fix this.

Not only that, but the initiative stat is pretty neutered (the crit chance is still decent, but there's no point in stacking it for having your team go first due to the re-balance of you-enemy-you-enemy-extra enemies), so it's basically only 'primary stat > Con > memory/wits.

And even on the physical stats front, two-handed skill gives such better damage throughput....the dodge on dual-wield is relatively useless in comparison.

But if nothing else, non-summoner magic needs a warfare equivalent, and/or some other way of closing the gap, especially given the longer cooldowns on most spells.

What is the point of persuasion if even if you pump it none of the choices pass?

I am kind of curious on how that persuasion stat stacks up in the 'roll' versus having a necessary (other) stat check like constitution or wits.

edit:

Also, any news on the upcoming patch? I know Larian initially said sometime this week (maybe), but haven't seen anything since.

Sarcasm

Which persuasion check is that?

I have a 5 persuasion leader and 99% the persuasion has been a success.

The second arena.

This fight blows because the enemies can nearly one shot me. Sure I do 300+ damage on both mine but its meaningless when enemies can move way more than you AND attack way more than you in ONE turn.

This is not tactical. Especially since yea screwed at the start.

The dudes even have shit tons of HP way more than my characters lol. Stats too!

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Treated like cattle and A man and his dog not finishing, and that makes three. Fuck it, I'm sailing to the NI

sadblob

The second arena.

This fight blows because the enemies can nearly one shot me. Sure I do 300+ damage on both mine but its meaningless when enemies can move way more than you AND attack way more than you in ONE turn.

This is not tactical. Especially since yea screwed at the start.

The dudes even have shit tons of HP way more than my characters lol. Stats too!

I don't remember about that check, but keep in mind there seems to be some unwinnable ones.

Summons are your friend for that battle.

Eyeh4wk

Not only that, but the initiative stat is pretty neutered (the crit chance is still decent, but there's no point in stacking it for having your team go first due to the re-balance of you-enemy-you-enemy-extra enemies), so it's basically only 'primary stat > Con > memory/wits.

I'm surprised there isn't a mod to revert the Initiative system back to the way it used to be in OS1, must be really hard-coded to the game. I look for it everyday on the Nexus and Steam workshop hoping to find it.

Top Bottom