• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Arulan

I enjoy Giant Bomb's content, but there are a few genres that they do a poor job of covering, and CRPGs is one of them. I'm not referring to the Griff fight.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
starting to feel a little fatigued. 118 hours, entering
the Academy on Nameless Isle after killing:
Alexandar and his morons
The Shadow Lizard boss
The Sallow Man and his gang
The Mother Tree, with everyone around the elven temple who turned hostile
That one troll
These automatons in the cave
Basically everyone minus the Watcher. Yet game keeps going. Argh

Labadal

Alexandar and his morons
The Shadow Lizard boss
That one troll

I've killed the same people. Add to that the BR guys. Nothing lives, except the one you mentioned and a few animals.

Ryzaki009

How is it not bugged, when it's not techncially supposed to even do anything until enemies move? Before it was mostly useless and not working as intended. It still seems to not being working as intended, but in an advantageous way now. It was supposed to work like the Overwatch skill from XCOM or Shadowrun. Now it's Overwatch + Alpha Strike.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin/comments/74spuu/reactive_shot_not_working_as_intended/

Which is why I said it's bugged. -_-

AcAnchoa

I'm on Bloodmoon Island, doing the sidequests there and I need help.
I'm trying to access the vaults where some possessed people are locked. I have the silver lever shaft and I cannot open any of these vaults. When I combine the broken mechanism with the silver lever shaft I get an "?" item and nothing happens. I have spoken to the spirit guardians and even try consuming them using Source Vampirism but nothing happens, I still cannot access the sealed vaults. What am I missing here?

Labadal

I'm on Bloodmoon Island, doing the sidequests there and I need help.
I'm trying to access the vaults where some possessed people are locked. I have the silver lever shaft and I cannot open any of these vaults. When I combine the broken mechanism with the silver lever shaft I get an "?" item and nothing happens. I have spoken to the spirit guardians and even try consuming them using Source Vampirism but nothing happens, I still cannot access the sealed vaults. What am I missing here?
You need to do it with the person that actually has the lever in their personal inventory.

Usobuko

Banned
I have a question.

Does DOS2 beats DOS1 in all aspects that if time is limited, there isn't any loss skipping the first game?

I have a question.

Does DOS2 beats DOS1 in all aspects that if time is limited, there isn't any loss skipping the first game?

Yup pretty much. Feels significantly improved all around. DOS1 is great, this is better.

About to wrap up act 1 and want to make sure I haven't missed any beats in my companion quests:

Ifan - Got the crossbow from the undead merchant (does this actually do anything unique btw or is it just a good weapon?) bout to fight the boss.
Lohse - Knocked her to her senses during the fight with the elven sage, and also met a dwarf in the prison he mentioned visiting his demonologist boss in Driftwood.
Seville - Killed Stingtail and also got the name Roost from the skeleton merchant,
Fane - Not sure if anything concrete has happened outside of someone mentioning relics in the Blackpits.

Anything else i should do before I wrap up?

Sentenza

I have a question.

I think the first is still more than deserving of being played.
I also think the second one is an improvement in most areas, and overall a better game for it, but not necessarily in "all aspects".

I'd say that no one should regret the time invested on playing the first, but you clearly don't seem too excited on the idea and you're talking about it almost like a chore, so you aren't exactly starting with the best mindset to enjoy it.
Anyway, playing the previous game is not a necessity.Take that as you want.

Back to the thread.
In the mid of act 4 right now. Some casual observations.

- I spent the last two weeks going back and forth about the new armor system, and while I've grown used to it and I know how to "move around it", I finally decided I don't like it that much. I can see what they were aiming for in terms of crowd controls and disables, but I think there were better ways around it. It's also a system that makes a certain amount of tools I loved to use in the first (grenades, elemental arrows, etc) borderline useless at times.

- Loot is still the weakest part of the overall game balance. Things can swing way too wildly by merely changing a couple of items at any level up to have a firm grasp on median values. The randomization of itemization doesn't help the game at all, there's too much potential equipment available to check at any given time, stat inflation is WAY too pronounced, etc, etc. I wish more RPGs could take Baldur's Gate 2 (and D&D) as a role model when it comes to items, both in terms of hand-placed unique items and in terms of power range.
Ignorant people love to blab endlessly about how D&D is an "obsolete system", but it grasped something important about itemization: the idea of putting a very limited range of power increase on items, going from newbie to demigod. The difference going from a random generic sword and a +5 ultimate weapon relied more on secondary abilities than stats and it was impactful without completely "snowballing" on the latter.

- In act 4 now. It's not as terrible as somepeople suggested.While Act 2 is clearly the peak of the game in terms of content, I have to say some of the comments in this thread made me expect a lot worse.

- In act 4 now. It's not as terrible as somepeople suggested.While Act 2 is clearly the peak of the game in terms of content, I have to say some of the comments in this thread made me expect a lot worse.

I've warned everyone here, Act 4 is not as bad as people make it out to be. It's only in lower quality overall compared to the sublime Act 2, and there were bugged quests here and there, but that's all. I actually loved Act 2 with the hidden dungeons scattered around the area. Also, some of the encounters there are pretty fun and challenging.

I've warned everyone here, Act 4 is not as bad as people make it out to be. It's only in lower quality overall compared to the sublime Act 2, and there were bugged quests here and there, but that's all. I actually loved Act 2 with the hidden dungeons scattered around the area. Also, some of the encounters there are pretty fun and challenging.

I think Act 4 is fine and has some very interesting dungeons and encounters. The narrative does lose a lot of momentum and it feels a bit aimless if you're not on top of the different story arcs.

I'm currently stuck in the final battle. Just feels like I'm completely outmatched in the second phase as alpha strikes take out several party members... was steamrolling everything before this so it's not like I stumbled into a battle that's above my pay grade.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I've killed the same people. Add to that the BR guys. Nothing lives, except the one you mentioned and a few animals.

yeah by his gang I mean the BR. NO way these nihilistic jagoffs would live. I was kinda forced to, though, because when I killed
Alexandar
and brought his head to the SM to deal, they auto attacked since I had already killed those out in the wild. Ah well

^ you monsters..

why? they're all assholes!

kionedrik

- I spent the last two weeks going back and forth about the new armor system, and while I've grown used to it and I know how to "move around it", I finally decided I don't like it that much. I can see what they were aiming for in terms of crowd controls and disables, but I think there were better ways around it. It's also a system that makes a certain amount of tools I loved to use in the first (grenades, elemental arrows, etc) borderline useless at times.

Imo there's a simple fix that I've been advocating since the game was released. Keep the armor system and make the status effects hit chance based on the amount of armor left. For instance, if an enemy has 50% phys armor then your knockdown has a 50% chance to hit, if he has 30% then you have 70% success chance, and no armor left remains like it is now (100% success chance). If linear progression is too simple then make it exponential but remove the all-or-nothing aspect of CC and status effects.
Of course stuff like Provoke needs to work 100% of the time regardless of armor, but that's a special case and those need to be dealt on a case-by-case basis.

- Loot is still the weakest part of the overall game balance. Things can swing way too wildly by merely changing a couple of items at any level up to have a firm grasp on median values. The randomization of itemization doesn't help the game at all, there's too much potential equipment available to check at any given time, stat inflation is WAY too pronounced, etc, etc. I wish more RPGs could take Baldur's Gate 2 (and D&D) as a role model when it comes to items, both in terms of hand-placed unique items and in terms of power range.
Ignorant people love to blab endlessly about how D&D is an "obsolete system", but it grasped something important about itemization: the idea of putting a very limited range of power increase on items, going from newbie to demigod. The difference going from a random generic sword and a +5 ultimate weapon relied more on secondary abilities than stats and it was impactful without completely "snowballing" on the latter.

It worked in the first game so there's no reason it won't work here as well. They just need to nerf the scaling of late game items stats. There's no reason a level 17 divine sword has worse stats than a level 18 green one, and the further you go the worse it gets. I believe this is the way it is because the late-game was the part wasn't playtested has much as the early-game, hence why item scaling works in the first two acts and goes berserk after the 3rd act. This also means enemy armor, hp and damage need to scaled back as well as the player's stats.

I had 2 problems with act 4. First everything felt too disconnected and scattered around with zero indication of what your goal was. Second the fact the last act happens in a walled off city kinda bums me. I understand if the first couple of chapters lock you to a city or encampment but after those initial stages I like to be free to roam the world. Compared to the last act of the first game this was a step backwards, even though I don't miss the puzzle to open the goddamn source temple.

Sygma

Alexandar and his morons
The Shadow Lizard boss
That one troll

Lol you must have one hell of a genocidal run

Sentenza

It worked in the first game so there's no reason it won't work here as well.
No, it didn't.
Randomized itemization and way-too-pronounced stat inflation were already the two most significant problems with the original game.
Which makes even more jarring to see them repeated and even exacerbated here.

While I don't like randomized compulsive loot-fests in general (not even in Diablo, and it's one of the things that make games like Borderlands unbearable to me) it may have its place in these hack'n slash, rinse-and-repeat games, but it just works TERRIBLY in a game with a finite number of encounters. Not to mention it plays a big role on making any single piece of equipment you'll find completely forgettable/unremarkable.

how are you getting destroyed and where
and a even lesser important party set up?

Not really much to go on here, but some general tips:
you'll want to fight enemies the same level as you, first and foremost. It makes a big difference. And early on, when first starting the game, you'll want to scavenge any equipment you can, too; craft, trade, or steal for it. Then it's a matter of using what you have to your advantage (skill synergies, like fire and oil, water and electricity, plus many more) and eliminating the enemy's advantages (ambush enemies, reposition to higher ground before fighting, lay down environmental effects beforehand, etc) to achieve victory.

And of course, recruit a full party. Only lone wolves are crazy enough to try anything different.

if you're still in act 1, get any and all equipment to fill your slots up. start fights going backwards if you have limited amount of range in your set up and create choke points. this will get you over the tutorial that is the entire Act 1

Looks like my mistake was barely using shields, not only because of the boost to defensive stats but because Shield Up seems pretty essential early on, at least for a noob lol. Game feels way easier now.

Lanrutcon

Update that opinion after you do the end portion.

I'm in Arx right now looking for some dude called Arhur.

How long do i have left in the game?

Game is getting "easier" the further you get like all RPG's, when you get enough gold, loot and level on your characters. Currently has pretty OP loot on all 4 members in the party and has shit loads of gold from selling old gear.

Finished the game today. I feel it is far more flawed an experience than what the consensus seems to be so far. End spoilers.

Final battle bugged out on me after defeating everything. Super frustrating since that battle is itself so frustrating and a major departure mechanically than the rest of the game. My main character was charmed and the game didn't cycle out of it to let me complete a dialogue needed to finish the rest.

The game really does peak sometime in Act 2. I think Act 1 is by far the strongest part. I was pretty checked out from the story by Act 3 and 4 didn't do much for me either. I think this game is arguably too big. Tightening up Act 2 in some way may have helped as it takes forever to get through that map.

The armor system in the game encourages maxing either physical or magic damage. The fact that most physical damage won't also accidentally kill your party makes it too strong in my eyes. I went with 4 physical damage dealers and blew through the fights until the final battle, until I figured out to burn down certain enemies. Rangers are too good with their ability to jump away from fights then dish out massive bonus damage. This also eliminates the need to use scrolls or bombs or arrows or potions for most of the game, which feels like a waste of a lot of the crafting and inventory system. Same with stat builds. Other than your main damage attribute you need only have enough constitution to survive. The other skills can be ignored, which is too bad. Yes I understand you can build how you like for fun, but I found many archetypes to feel very under-powered compared to the power of physical damage.

My most major complaint is how absolutely static the whole world feels. The previous game had a similar problem, along with many other similar games, and I am not sure how to fix it. What the game could had done much much better is account for actions in the game. I made a decision early on to kill all magisters on sight. The fact that town folk and others would not react in any meaningful way or at all to those actions was a real buzz kill. There are plenty of other examples where there is little to no consequence or response for killing certain NPCs where there really should be. Case in point I somehow got in a fight with the Dwarf guarding the door in Act 2 and there seemed to be no consequence other than the fact that I missed out on being able to buy rogue skills for a while. It is also far to easy to accidentally get into fights with people, especially when you should be their ally based on your actions. How Alexander is handled is just bad in my view. You kill but don't kill him then happen upon him in Act 3, where he proceeds to die again very quickly allowing you to bypass most of that act rather quickly. Something felt off about that arc.

I feel this game could use a more active quest guide. I understand than appeal to many of having the journal fill in as you adventure naturally but it felt messy and unclear a lot of the time where and what your should be doing and who for.

How do you get off the lady vengeance if you TP to it? Is it bugged since there arent any fucking fast travel point on it you can click or such.

Dont want to reload a save and replay shit.

Shahadan

How do you get off the lady vengeance if you TP to it? Is it bugged since there arent any fucking fast travel point on it you can click or such.

Dont want to reload a save and replay shit.

I don't know but it might be time to tell you that you can click on the blue anchor near your mini map and fast travel at any time

Sanctuary

Which is why I said it's bugged. -_-

Wow. Somehow I completely missed the second "it's".

Yup pretty much. Feels significantly improved all around. DOS1 is great, this is better.

The writing, characters and setting (for the most part) are improved, but the actual gameplay takes a major hit. Mages, especially anything related to elemental damage are much worse, CC is much worse and to the point of being useless aside from what physical classes can do. Split groups are inferior groups right now and all physical teams are dominant, especially those with 1-2 Rangers. Stats have become so streamlined that you basically don't have any real choice, and similarly with the way weapon masteries and schools interact with damage scaling. Crafting is mostly worthless too compared to the Enhanced Edition.

Play it for the story and characters, but don't play it expecting a gameplay improvement, because that hasn't happened. You actually have less valid options this time around. I couldn't honestly say which is the better game between the two either. It all depends on what your priorities are: gameplay vs story, setting and writing in general. If you don't have any previous experience to compare it to, probably this game. Classic isn't so difficult that you can't get through it with most setups (although it will be harder with some over others), and if you're only going to be playing it once, you'll probably get more out of the story.

Looks like my mistake was barely using shields, not only because of the boost to defensive stats but because Shield Up seems pretty essential early on, at least for a noob lol. Game feels way easier now.

Shields are great on casters for at least half of the game, but especially early on. Staves are poopy, and you also don't get much benefit from an early game wands in your off-hand. Off-hand wands are almost exclusvely stat sticks, because the damage you deal with them is inconsequential compared to the bonuses you get from a shield. Off-hand wands start looking better once they have 10% crit, Int or some skills on them, but before that they aren't very good. On other characters though? Not really any point, especially melee.

Lanrutcon

Finished the game today. I feel it is far more flawed an experience than what the consensus seems to be so far. End spoilers.

Final battle bugged out on me after defeating everything. Super frustrating since that battle is itself so frustrating and a major departure mechanically than the rest of the game. My main character was charmed and the game didn't cycle out of it to let me complete a dialogue needed to finish the rest.

The game really does peak sometime in Act 2. I think Act 1 is by far the strongest part. I was pretty checked out from the story by Act 3 and 4 didn't do much for me either. I think this game is arguably too big. Tightening up Act 2 in some way may have helped as it takes forever to get through that map.

The armor system in the game encourages maxing either physical or magic damage. The fact that most physical damage won't also accidentally kill your party makes it too strong in my eyes. I went with 4 physical damage dealers and blew through the fights until the final battle, until I figured out to burn down certain enemies. Rangers are too good with their ability to jump away from fights then dish out massive bonus damage. This also eliminates the need to use scrolls or bombs or arrows or potions for most of the game, which feels like a waste of a lot of the crafting and inventory system. Same with stat builds. Other than your main damage attribute you need only have enough constitution to survive. The other skills can be ignored, which is too bad. Yes I understand you can build how you like for fun, but I found many archetypes to feel very under-powered compared to the power of physical damage.

My most major complaint is how absolutely static the whole world feels. The previous game had a similar problem, along with many other similar games, and I am not sure how to fix it. What the game could had done much much better is account for actions in the game. I made a decision early on to kill all magisters on sight. The fact that town folk and others would not react in any meaningful way or at all to those actions was a real buzz kill. There are plenty of other examples where there is little to no consequence or response for killing certain NPCs where there really should be. Case in point I somehow got in a fight with the Dwarf guarding the door in Act 2 and there seemed to be no consequence other than the fact that I missed out on being able to buy rogue skills for a while. It is also far to easy to accidentally get into fights with people, especially when you should be their ally based on your actions. How Alexander is handled is just bad in my view. You kill but don't kill him then happen upon him in Act 3, where he proceeds to die again very quickly allowing you to bypass most of that act rather quickly. Something felt off about that arc.

I feel this game could use a more active quest guide. I understand than appeal to many of having the journal fill in as you adventure naturally but it felt messy and unclear a lot of the time where and what your should be doing and who for.

Agreed. Final fight was a little dumb, but now I understand that there's actually a few ways the fight can go depending on kill order and dialogue choices.

Agreed that act 2 was the best act. I enjoyed 1 and 3 as well without complaints. 4 has some bad parts.

Agreed. Focusing on physical makes the game cake. The two highest damage builds (Warfare/Ranged Crossbow and Warfare 2H) are both physical, and make combat infinitely easier than going caster. Armor giving 100% immunity status effects makes offensive spells a waste, 90% of the time.

The "world feel" being static is a symptom of the freedom you get, I think. I also don't get the plotline around A. When I met him in act 3 and he was unrepentant (yet claimed he was now out of D's influence) I couldn't believe it. There was no incentive to support him.

Everyone complains about the quest journal. Everyone.

Man that Act 2 area bossfight
in the mines
is SUCH BULLSHIT.
This boss gets 3 attacks, summons like 10 weak dogs who hit for tons of damage overwhelming you with numbers and can fly.
All of this at the same level as me!

Also...meeting the
Red Princess
whilst controlling Red Prince was.....interesting. Miu Iruma approves.

Sentenza

in the mines
is SUCH BULLSHIT.
This boss gets 3 attacks, summons like 10 weak dogs who hit for tons of damage overwhelming you with numbers and can fly.
I managed it in the end (it took me four attempts to make it without anyone in my party dying), but yeah, that has been the closest thing to "unfair bullshit" I experienced in the entire game so far.
Have yet to try this final fight everyone is moaning about, though.

Ryzaki009

in the mines
is SUCH BULLSHIT.
All of this at the same level as me!

Also...meeting the
Red Princess
whilst controlling Red Prince was.....interesting. Miu Iruma approves.

Yeah I eventually just went there last and curbstomped her with one source ability. Those wolves are such bs there's no reason for her to summon more.

Sygma

I kinda agree on these points, but in my playthrough everything went to shit in act 1, and so did the story. For example, I don't remember how but, a battle vs the magisters happened in the first act which was followed by pretty much all the npcs in the middle of fort joy. They all died. By that I mean, the magisters and all the npcs, including Ibn etc

I couldn't buy skills for my character in the whole first act since the blacksmith died, also some quests were naturally borked too. Lohse and Ibn never got on the ship either since they passed out

After that it was known in act 2 that shit happened in Fort Joy about two people escaping with extreme violence but I believe magisters were looking for sourcerers with a necklace on ... which is surely why it felt inconsequential to your eyes. you got it removed so they wouldn't react at all, but think again about what happened in act 1 if you had a necklace. I believe that if you reach act 2 with one of your dudes wearing a necklace, stuff should be different

As for the final battle, all is needed is to literally one shot braccus rex without touching anyone else, and they all die at the same time

Have yet to try this final fight everyone is moaning about, though.

spoiler because reasons

Anathema solves everything

And I really do mean everything

https://imgur.com/a/3LP0E

Ryzaki009

After that it was known in act 2 that shit happened in Fort Joy about two people escaping with extreme violence but I believe magisters were looking for sourcerers with a necklace on ... which is surely why it felt inconsequential to your eyes. you got it removed so they wouldn't react at all, but think again about what happened in act 1 if you had a necklace. I believe that if you reach act 2 with one of your dudes wearing a necklace, stuff should be different
[/SPOILER]

That's impossible because Malady removes them as soon as you get on the boat if you haven't gotten it removed by earlier means.

Sanctuary

Yeah I eventually just went there last and curbstomped her with one source ability. Those wolves are such bs there's no reason for her to summon more.

I honestly didn't have much trouble with her at level 15 on my first attempt. Didn't lose anyone doing it blind, but then ended up losing a character when I did it on my next playthrough at 13, and then not a problem at 14 on the one after that.

I've also watched a few Youtube videos after to see how other people are doing it, since many have stated how much of a horror show that fight can be, and it seems to be totally based around where you initially have your group when the fight begins as well as team composition.

Starting at the bottom seems to produce much better results than trying to cheese her from the top. But it's all spacing dependent.

Does she summon more than the two adds at the very start of the fight though? The whole reinforcements/invisible bullshit backup mechanic should no longer be a shock by that point since it happened so much previously.

spoiler because reasons

Anathema solves everything

And I really do mean everything

https://imgur.com/a/3LP0E

New and improved to last only a single hit now, even with skills! Seemed kind of stupid though anyway that before the patch the only time it broke was with normal attacks. You kind of forgot about mentioning how "Lone Wolf solves everything" though. A LW duo makes the game far easier than a normal four person group.

Sygma

I honestly didn't have much trouble with her at level 15 on my first attempt. Didn't lose anyone doing it blind, but then ended up losing a character when I did it on my next playthrough at 13, and then not a problem at 14 on the one after that.

I've also watched a few Youtube videos after to see how other people are doing it, since many have stated how much of a horror show that fight can be, and it seems to be totally based around where you initially have your group when the fight begins as well as team composition.

Starting at the bottom seems to produce much better results than trying to cheese her from the top. But it's all spacing dependent.

Does she summon more than the two adds at the very start of the fight though? The whole reinforcements/invisible bullshit backup mechanic should no longer be a shock by that point since it happened so much previously.

New and improved to last only a single hit now, even with skills! Seemed kind of stupid though anyway that before the patch the only time it broke was with normal attacks. You kind of forgot about mentioning how "Lone Wolf solves everything" though. A LW duo makes the game far easier than a normal four person group.

as a group of 4 you ll probably need 2 characters to kill the last boss by the very first turn ... in the worse scenario that is. As for the one hit, well its all about enrage + onslaught so yeah, it should cover the whole armor + hp

Phew. finally finished on Classic. Took about 10 attempts before the tactics, die rolls and positioning all came together. All hail
Loshe Divine
!

Despite the pacing problems in the final act, the denouement / epilogue was very well done, bitter-sweet and well-written. I felt very invested in my party members and they all had an amazing, coherent and satisfying arc.

Bravo Larian. Felt I was playing a classic in the making all the way through. I want to give big props to lead writer Jan Van Dosselaer and his team. This game is proof that efficient and quality writing at the character, description and dialogue level can make make a HUGE difference. Other studios take note.

Tarazet

Shields are great on casters for at least half of the game, but especially early on. Staves are poopy, and you also don't get much benefit from an early game wands in your off-hand. Off-hand wands are almost exclusvely stat sticks, because the damage you deal with them is inconsequential compared to the bonuses you get from a shield. Off-hand wands start looking better once they have 10% crit, Int or some skills on them, but before that they aren't very good. On other characters though? Not really any point, especially melee.

I've been doing a co-op game. Our team is a sword and board tank Red Prince, 2-hand paladin Ifan, Sebille ranger, Lohse cleric. Taunting is useless, and buffing your own armor acts like an aggro dump because the AI doesn't like to hit hard targets, but there are other abilities like Bouncing Shield, Overpower and Guardian Angel that do a bit of work.

Ryzaki009

Yeah the last time I did that fight I had two lone wolf archers. We did not have the physical armor to take those wolf attacks (3 hits and each hit does almost 400 damage? Come on) and her initiative is straight up BS considering her stats. (I had 12 higher wits and still went after her only afterwards I left and leveled when that number jumped to around 18 higher did I finally go first).

The thing is that fight pretty much forces one person right in the middle of the wolves. If you have a companion tank that works fine but if you rely on a summon for tanking which I did that becomes an issue.

Yes she summons those two adds immediately than nukes with a hailstorm or thunderstorm on tactical.

Lime

My game keeps crashing at startup. Anyone else having this issue? I've tried verifying files, deleting folders, re-downloading the entire game.

patchday

Watching a stream right now this game looks so good with the depth of old school RPGs complete with user driven content. Definitely will be buying soon. Just want to finish the first game 1st though

Flaboere

Man, in Act 4 finally killed the
Doctor Demon
. Wasn't that hard after all, just took a while. After leaving the house, the spirit of
the tree from Act 2 arrived and gave me a 2H mace
, but it's really bad. Damage goes from 1800 to 600, more or less. It has piercing damage. Am I missing something?

Lanrutcon

Man, in Act 4 finally killed the
Doctor Demon
. Wasn't that hard after all, just took a while. After leaving the house, the spirit of
the tree from Act 2 arrived and gave me a 2H mace
, but it's really bad. Damage goes from 1800 to 600, more or less. It has piercing damage. Am I missing something?

Piercing damage ignores shields?

z1ggy

The game is on its way to reach 1 mill sold before the end of the year

743,284 ±25,252

+ 100k on GOG (maybe)

Amazing

I'm near the end of act 3, and I've loved every minute of the game, but I am fearing going to Act 4. I peter out on games past the 100 hour mark, and I'm at 110 now. I start skipping loot and stop improving my characters carefully and then end up under prepared for the last fights. I don't know if I should just try to barrel through and waste Act 4 or quit now and maybe never return.

Top Bottom