• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

The gameplay options allow you to choose either Xbox One or PS4 controller.

Pretty excited to check out the game! I must have played through the Early Access content at least six times, with different friends.

Nete

Larian should made Pet Pal as a passive talent for everybody.

I mean, it's impossible to not pick it up on a custom char :p

Aja

Neo Member
Ah. Life. Took today and tomorrow of for this game and what happens? My Isp has a problem with providing internet. They say it will be fixed saturday afternoon!!!! Damn damn and damn. And this has never happened before.

So pissed and sad.....

I wonder if I could create a self-healing rogue like character in the game. Someone who can pick locks but use something like first aid or basic healing spells to patch himself up.

J4g3r

Fane's Time Warp seems way to good not to play as him, but the whole only being able to heal from poison sounds like a huge downer to me.

Blubikins

Neo Member
Ah. Life. Took today and tomorrow of for this game and what happens? My Isp has a problem with providing internet. They say it will be fixed saturday afternoon!!!! Damn damn and damn. And this has never happened before.

So pissed and sad.....

Oh man. If I was you I would bring it to a friends house to download. I have to wait till I'm off work at 330pm and I'm already freaking out lol.

Sarcasm

So how has stealing changed? I ask because I was sneaking and stole something. The person kept walking around then says something about theft.

Ryzaki009

So how has stealing changed? I ask because I was sneaking and stole something. The person kept walking around then says something about theft.

Yeah now you get caught more easily. Basically if you steal something immediately leave the area then go back. If you stay around they'll suspect you.

Dammit, Steam didn't auto-update. Update was in the queue but the download had to be manually started for some reason. Was hoping to get a little bit of time in while home for lunch but that's not going to happen now.

rtcn63

How improved is the combat from DOS1 (pre-enhanced)? I played 3/4ths of the way, but I really, really did not like how some of the classes were balanced. (As in, the ones I chose were almost entirely worthless late-game)

So is the game meant to be played solo? Or are you supposed to let them join and then off them later?

This game sounds interesting.

I think it is meant to played with the origin characters, but is respectful of your wishes if you don't. I played the Early Access with friends and we only kept those origin cats around a couple games, otherwise we'd off 'em. If you played solo, it would be pretty tough.

If you have a stolen item in your inventory, someone will search you and the gig is up. I found it safest to avoid stealing all together, or promptly place your ill-gotten goods in a container. Otherwise, they always find you and then everyone wigs out and before you know it, it is time to reload. Again.

41%

9 MB/s

giphy.gif

Buckle

Fane's Time Warp seems way to good not to play as him, but the whole only being able to heal from poison sounds like a huge downer to me.
I imagine poision potions won't be that hard to make or find/buy and there will be an item ingame that allows you convert healing potions into poison.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Looks like the localized versions have been delayed a week so the review bombs are starting to hit steam.

Hektor

Is being an undead (Taking DMG on regular heals) and Necromant healing magic like the "Blood Sucker" Skill compatible?

Doc_Drop

How improved is the combat from DOS1 (pre-enhanced)? I played 3/4ths of the way, but I really, really did not like how some of the classes were balanced. (As in, the ones I chose were almost entirely worthless late-game)
Reading through the linked starter guide above, it suggests big steps have been taken to balance classes. The magical armour and physical armour alone is going to change my approach as spamming big aoe won't be as useful immediately out the gates.

I didn't use melee last game but it looks like it'll be essential as part of a balanced party this time round

Unai

I've played for 40 minutes during lunch time. Couldn't get out of the character creator and now I have to go back to work. This weekend is going to be amazing.

Reading through the linked starter guide above, it suggests big steps have been taken to balance classes. The magical armour and physical armour alone is going to change my approach as spamming big aoe won't be as useful immediately out the gates.

I didn't use melee last game but it looks like it'll be essential as part of a balanced party this time round

Yeah, I'd say you will want both magical and phyiscal damage. Some enemies have a lot of one and little of another, which can be extremely troublesome depending on your strategies. It's bonus HP essentially, and being armoured up protects them from status effects.

rtcn63

Melee was pretty horrible in the DOS1 class I chose. Abilities had absurdly long cooldown times in addition to low accuracy percentages even while buffed. Every late-game fight felt like a boss, and not in a good way.

JambiBum

I think it is meant to played with the origin characters, but is respectful of your wishes if you don't. I played the Early Access with friends and we only kept those origin cats around a couple games, otherwise we'd off 'em. If you played solo, it would be pretty tough.

If you have a stolen item in your inventory, someone will search you and the gig is up. I found it safest to avoid stealing all together, or promptly place your ill-gotten goods in a container. Otherwise, they always find you and then everyone wigs out and before you know it, it is time to reload. Again.

It's a little different than that. If you steal something then the area you stole from is considered a crime scene so anyone in that area becomes suspicious. You can just move the item to another party member if you need to go back through the area and there are people there.

Manatox

I only played Divinity 1 when it first launched.

How hard is tactician mode compared to the normal(?) version of the first game?

I'm up to the challange as long it's not too frusturating.

Top Bottom