• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

I only played Divinity 1 when it first launched.

How hard is tactician mode compared to the normal(?) version of the first game?

I'm up to the challange as long it's not too frusturating.

I think it's challenging without being a slight, like on the first game. You just have to think through and you have less freedom in your builds I guess. This is based on the first one on tactician, don't know about the second but I guess it's the same.

Tactician in the first game was rather challenging. Seeing that I'm not at all familiar with the new mechanics and skills, I'll probably also keep it for a second playthrough.

It's a little different than that. If you steal something then the area you stole from is considered a crime scene so anyone in that area becomes suspicious. You can just move the item to another party member if you need to go back through the area and there are people there.

Ahhh, good to know, thanks! You know you done fucked up when you are caught red-handed and the initiative cards at the top span the entire screen and more.

Manatox

I think it's challenging without being a slight, like on the first game. You just have to think through and you have less freedom in your builds I guess. This is based on the first one on tactician, don't know about the second but I guess it's the same.

The problem is, i don't remember the first one having this choice. I thought the first one had the difficulty pretty good done. Maybe it did and i forgot, so i'm stuck wondering what i should choose >.<

The problem is, i don't remember the first one having this choice. I thought the first one had the difficulty pretty good done. Maybe it did and i forgot, so i'm stuck wondering what i should choose >.<

It was added in the enhanced edition. What it did was give enemies extra skills or potions and redesign encounters to have more enemies and/or placement changes.

UberLevi

Does anyone know if playing as a Necromancer Undead leads to accidentally harming yourself with lifesteal since Undead take damage from healing effects? Friend wants to make an Undead Necromancer but doesn't want to sap life from enemies only to have his taken away also.

carlsojo

Does anyone know if playing as a Necromancer Undead leads to accidentally harming yourself with lifesteal since Undead take damage from healing effects? Friend wants to make an Undead Necromancer but doesn't want to sap life from enemies only to have his taken away also.

Was playing Fane just now, necromancer skills heal you.

JambiBum

Enemies will also use barrels and other hazards unlike in the first game so you can't really do the whole "barrel abuse" mechanic to cheese confrontations anymore because it can back fire now.

aravuus

Two things: I don't like the narrator's voice and feel that narration works much better with the voice completely muted.

And I really don't like how you walk short distances. Just run 100% of the time, damn it.

Other than that... Man, feels fucking great. Really hope I can talk some people into playing this in coop with me.

Vengal

Mild spoilers regarding the prologue and combat AI-

Im not sure if it was because a dialogue choice I picked outed Fane as undead or what but as soon as I got in group combat with the other origin characters one of htem threw a poison flask at me. Saved my bacon but i was curious if that was just an AI check or what not.

Shahadan

Made it to the beach, trying to convince myself that everything is fine

Still constantly screaming internally that I've made a huge mistake and that I have to go back, though

Eusis

It's my birthday and this game is out! But the birthday game I really, really want is Metroid 2 (and Ys VIII but I had that a few days), but I'm still getting this downloaded and will play after work.

Also need to know ways to keep the
black cat alive

Burt

What's the max party size again? Are you able to have all of the origin characters in your party at once?

Playing the Red Prince as a conjuror and Fane as an Inquisitor so far, trying to figure out how to fill out the rest.

KorrZ

Soooo is it better to play as one of the Origin characters (Fane etc.) or create a custom character and have an Origin character as a party member?

Help! Indecision is my bane.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Any impressions on controller play? Will I be able to easily perform all game functions, or will a m/k still be occasionally required?

Zesh

Really excited for this one; I loved the last game. Still have half the work day to go, and then I can spend hours on character creation.

kai3345

Banned
Soooo is it better to play as one of the Origin characters (Fane etc.) or create a custom character and have an Origin character as a party member?

Help! Indecision is my bane.

Personally I'm liking playing as the Origin characters more. Really makes you feel like you've been a part of the world, and you have a distinct overall goal. With the custom characters you just feel like you're sort of there.

Keasar

Anyone else experiencing that Divinity is shutting down discord or something? I hear the login sound when I boot up Divinity and then I can't hear people talk on the server that I am already in. If I shut down Divinity, I hear a log out sound and then I can hear people again.

J4g3r

Ended up going with Fane on the Witch preset but I removed all the scoundrel stuff and went pure necromancy with a staff - I played a Rogue in the first game so I wanted to pick something different.

After how awesome Sebille is already though, she's going to be my Rogue anyway!

JMY86

31k players on Steam at the moment, that's already 10k more than its predecessor at release.

That is awesome. I hope this game blows up with the coop and GM modes. I started up my game but already restarted and picked another talent for Sebille. I am playing as a murderous, thieving cutthroat with a heart of gold.

Ryzaki009

And taunts are ignored by physical armor.

I'm sorry but what? What's the point of a taunt if it can be ignored that easily?

Artdayne

Anyone starting with tactician mode?

I am. It feels harder than tactician in the last game, even with the early game of DOS 1 being pretty challenging. Rogues felt so strong in lower difficulties but I don't know if it's a combination of them being nerfed and tactician mode or just tactician mode but they feel a lot weaker right now.

Anoxida

How's rogue/shadowblade? Or rather how is sneaking during battle etc? Backstabs sounds juicy but if it's a chore to get in position then I might play something else.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Is there any official announcement about language support? The steam page seems outdated, showing only English and no voice acting at all.

I really hope they add Chinese localization this time.

Honome

Sorry if it´s been answered already but is the DS4 controller supported and working fine with the game?

Hmm so it seems Ifan still has the auto Pet Pal when you recruit him for free. Interestingly, Lohse also does, so now I have 2 characters with Pet Pal. Seems kinda weird, not sure if any other does. Red Prince didn't.

Also they nerfed the shit out of dual wield it looks like. It used to be 50% DW penalty only applied to offhand, now it applies to both. My rogue even with backstabs is doing pretty average/low damage. They did remove the backstab talent so that's nice but not sure how it's going to end up compared to some other classes, so wondering if I should reroll already.

Went and checked all the skills too, you need at most 5pt in a combat skill to unlock the 3memory highest tier spells, you can't spec everything with just 1. For 1memory skills, your bread and butter stuff, it's 1 or 2 pts depending on the skill, so that's still pretty cheap. And the ultimate polymorph skill looks broken as hell compared to all the others. There's some really cool new stuff too, traps, overwatch, walls and quite a lot of hybrid oriented skills(like spells that'll buff your attacks and such).

What's the max party size again? Are you able to have all of the origin characters in your party at once?

Playing the Red Prince as a conjuror and Fane as an Inquisitor so far, trying to figure out how to fill out the rest.

Max party size is 4. You can't play everything at once(6companions).

Top Bottom