• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Sou Da

Will poison totems shoot Fane if there are no enemies nearby? Or any undead ally, for that matter.

My single-player avatar is a summoner, and I kinda love just spamming the totems everywhere. The incarnate has been pretty goddamn good too.

It's kind of nuts how I managed to play it all weekend, yet OS2 is still the only thing I seem to be able to think about on Monday lol. Long workday ahead.
They've done so in my game.

Got to a certain island later in Act 2...

BLOOD! GORE! DEMON PEOPLE! FLESH TREES AND BLOOD RIVERS! It's fucking Cronenburg island here

Why avoid when you can kill and loot.

This is my problem.

Some quests and/or encounters can definitely be tackled without a fight, but in doing so I'll be missing out the exp and loot. There have been at least a couple of occasions where I could bypass a fight with persuasion, but sadly I didn't get exp from going that route so I reloaded and kill them all instead. In some other cRPGs, that's usually the case. You can still get exp (and also loot, probably) from pacifist routes, but the way this game handles exp and loot forces me to go full murder.

Question can you always return to places to finish stuff? I want to do the other content in Fort Joy once I'm stronger.

As long as you're still in the first act map, yes you can.

I've just arrived at the 2nd map and I haven't find the option to return to Fort Joy.

Sarcasm

This is my problem.

Some quests and/or encounters can definitely be tackled without a fight, but in doing so I'll be missing out the exp and loot. There have been at least a couple of occasions where I could bypass a fight with persuasion, but sadly I didn't get exp from going that route so I reloaded and kill them all instead. In some other cRPGs, that's usually the case. You can still get exp (and also loot, probably) from pacifist routes, but the way this game handles exp and loot forces me to go full murder.

As long as you're still in the first act map, yes you can.

I've just arrived at the 2nd map and I haven't find the option to return to Fort Joy.

I just kill them after getting the persuasion exp >•>

epmode

This is my problem.

They could go with a method where XP is only awarded for quest completion, not combat, but that comes with its own issues.

UberLevi

So, I cheesed the
Gargoyle's Maze
and the statue in front of the tower called me a cheater. Went back through since the door inside the tower was locked but I don't know what to do to get in now.

Banzai

I am thinking about buying this for my girlfriend and I to play in coop. She loves DnD but we barely ever get together with our group so I thought this might be the next best thing.

Is it fun to play in split-screen or tedious? What I worry most about is that we would play it on the tv a couple of meters away so all the text might be too small to possibly read.

Sanctuary

Does the crafting system in this game feel very underwhelming compared to the previous game to anyone else? I have an inventory full of garbage that I can't seem to really do anything with, and unless there's just some magical, non obvious combinations, you don't seem to be able to craft any early boots, belts, helms, gloves and good chests like you could before. Is it just NYI? I know about the potions, foods, scrolls, runes and early junk tier weapons, but that's all just basic stuff that doesn't really allow you to gear up your characters early with more than rags. Stealing items to sell, or simply stealing gold to buy better gear is one option, but it's usually a waste of money in the earlier levels, so the survivability options early are really weak.

Kalentan

Call me a coward if you must but while changing the Tactician mode enemy stats to 25% down from 50% seemed good at first. The same issues began to crop up.

In the end I just decided to simply remove all stat buffs enemies get in this mode.

It just wasn't fun. It's still not easy but every fight doesn't feel like it could be the end anymore.

Rad-

Thought it was easy. They nerfed that fight from the EA version.

That was the first fight where I got wiped. My level 3 party got wiped in like 2 turns. Yeah I was probably underleveled when I first fought them lol. Won it eventually when I was level 5 with much better equipment and more skills.

Fucking hell I killed another Source Master... argh. How many Source Masters are there in Act 2?

I just want to find a Source Master that doesn't want to kill me from the getgo!

Burt

Lucky Charm is almost too much after a certain point

It's lootbox addiction applied to every container in the game

Ryzaki009

That was the first fight where I got wiped. My level 3 party got wiped in like 2 turns. Yeah I was probably underleveled when I first fought them lol. Won it eventually when I was level 5 with much better equipment and more skills.

Hey least you didn't get wiped trying to steal from the guards in fort Joy. That was embarrassing how hard I got wrecked. Feels so good to come back later and just destroy the place. The void fight becomes a lot faster when you prioritize those mages. I teleported her and had Seb and Ifan kick her teeth in before she could even fortify. No freeze spam makes that fight so much easier.

Rad-

Lucky Charm is almost too much after a certain point

It's lootbox addiction applied to every container in the game

My lucky charm person has multiple equipment pieces with lucky charm boosts. It's so good that I prefer to use those equipment over otherwise better stuff.

Stiler

So what's up with Emmie?

I found her in the room with a bunch of other source hounds, talked to her and choose all the answers that mentioned Buddy in them. She ends up running out of hte room in the end (I assumed back to Buddy). The other dogs are then passive to me

When I finally get through the castle and back outside I go to buddy and Emmie isn't there, I can't find her anywhere....did I do something wrong?

Reani

So for sure end of Act 1 Chapter 3/4
those companions that are not a part of the fight with Dallis on the Lady Vengeance die no matter what? I've looked everywhere and found nothing definitive and gone back and tried a ton of different stuff, but no matter what the two not in my party always end up dead. Kind of disappointing and killing my mood.
thats their way to handle your annoyance with swapping left and right to do personal quests. they just dont give you an option to.

Burt

My lucky charm person has multiple equipment pieces with lucky charm boosts. It's so good that I prefer to use those equipment over otherwise better stuff.

Yeah, definitely. I have Beast as an archer with 8 lucky charm, 5 +3 from gear, and I don't think I'd ever swap out a +LC piece for something that didn't have it, regardless of other stats.

I think that Lucky Charm acts as a flat percent chance every time the character opens a container, but I really feel like the odds are higher than that.

Maximo

So what's up with Emmie?

I found her in the room with a bunch of other source hounds, talked to her and choose all the answers that mentioned Buddy in them. She ends up running out of hte room in the end (I assumed back to Buddy). The other dogs are then passive to me

When I finally get through the castle and back outside I go to buddy and Emmie isn't there, I can't find her anywhere....did I do something wrong?

Sadly alot of the animal quests don't really go anywhere or most have bad endings.

BizzyBum

I just played my first 2 hours and felt like I did nothing.

This is one of those games that can just consume your soul, isn't it?

kionedrik

Is the quest log bugged or am I missing something? I'm pretty sure I did everything that could be done in some quests, effectively finishing them, but they don't get the [closed] tag and don't get transferred to the archived tab. This is happening with quests like
finding Emmie
and
Withermoor's soul
for instance.

Act 2 help again (haha), I think I missed a piece of the puzzle, but I unlocked the skull-lock with the eye jewel in the Abandoned House in Driftwood but now stuck on this puzzle. Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Ryzaki009

Is the quest log bugged or am I missing something? I'm pretty sure I did everything that could be done in some quest, effectively finishing them, but they don't get the [closed] tag and don't get transferred to the archived tab. This is happening with quests like
finding Emmie
and
Withermoor's soul
for instance.

Yeah it's bugged. I've had several quests just stay open despite me getting the reward for completing the quest. It's kind of confusing.

Massicot

Yea, I've given up on the quest log some time ago. Half the time there actually IS something to do to further the quest but it's just hidden, but the other half I swear I've even been rewarded and it's still in my log.

Act 2 help again (haha), I think I missed a piece of the puzzle, but I unlocked the skull-lock with the eye jewel in the Abandoned House in Driftwood but now stuck on this puzzle. Anyone can point me in the right direction?

The pressure plate puzzle? Use the spirit-seeing skill.

I ended up getting the skill eye jewel way after that. I wonder if I somehow skipped around it. Where is the skull lock?

Yea, I've given up on the quest log some time ago. Half the time there actually IS something to do to further the quest but it's just hidden, but the other half I swear I've even been rewarded and it's still in my log.

The pressure plate puzzle? Use the spirit-seeing skill.

I ended up getting the skill eye jewel way after that. I wonder if I somehow skipped around it.

Wow, the spirit seeing skill would have never crossed my mind, thanks! Now to figure out how to get the right combination haha

Dinjooh

I am thinking about buying this for my girlfriend and I to play in coop. She loves DnD but we barely ever get together with our group so I thought this might be the next best thing.

Is it fun to play in split-screen or tedious? What I worry most about is that we would play it on the tv a couple of meters away so all the text might be too small to possibly read.

We play on a 50" around 3 meters away and we move the couch closer for this game.

Both of us have perfect eyesight and can read the text fine from that distance, but it's not exactly a pleasure.

Stiler

Is the quest log bugged or am I missing something? I'm pretty sure I did everything that could be done in some quests, effectively finishing them, but they don't get the [closed] tag and don't get transferred to the archived tab. This is happening with quests like
finding Emmie
and
Withermoor's soul
for instance.

[
My finding Emmie quest is closed, it closed after I talked to Emmie and picked the lines with Buddy in them, she ran out of the room and the other dogs became passive toward me.

Regarding Withermoore, it didn't complete for me either but from what I read it's because there might be more to that quest later on in the game

Lanrutcon

How the hell are you supposed to steal from traders in Driftwood. There's like 80 things staring at each location.

Well.

1) Split your party and have them talk to the people who are staring at the merchant. That'll make em face away.

or

2) Use Aero magic to move him. Be careful as it will result in rep loss. I shifted the weapon vendor a bit north east, people got angry but didn't turn violent, and then I robbed him blind.

Mik2121

I just barely started playing. I got to the Fort and met the Red Prince. I seems incredibly annoying and was this close to trying to attack him or something.

Roughly, how many potential party members are there? I know the party is up to 4 members at the same time.

Reani

you get so much money from stealing in other places that i dont actually mind buying from vendors in driftwood lmao.

i have 20k spare cash right now. each NPC carries usually like 3k that you can steal

Xeteh

Well.

1) Split your party and have them talk to the people who are staring at the merchant. That'll make em face away.

or

2) Use Aero magic to move him. Be careful as it will result in rep loss. I shifted the weapon vendor a bit north east, people got angry but didn't turn violent, and then I robbed him blind.

I get the talk to them to distract but even with the other 3 talking to people there was still more than enough to cover them. The Silent Monks don't move at all. I probably just need a point or two in Sneaking but I haven't found any gear with it yet.

I just barely started playing. I got to the Fort and met the Red Prince. I seems incredibly annoying and was this close to trying to attack him or something.

Roughly, how many potential party members are there? I know the party is up to 4 members at the same time.

6 characters, later you can recruit characters you make to your party but you lose out on the stories from the others.

Maximo

Its interesting just how much you can skip I killed
*Mordus*
before I even met Lohar made trying to complete the quest a bitch since it didn't give me a location of him since I was...*supposed* to already have the quest.
Im conflicted on how vague the quests are I love its almost like DnD where your not just given the answers...but man it would be nice if there was a way to get clues or something even with the whole map discovered I feel like I spend ages just wondering around in hopes of finding what I need or someone on Reddit knows the answer.

Lanrutcon

I get the talk to them to distract but even with the other 3 talking to people there was still more than enough to cover them. The Silent Monks don't move at all. I probably just need a point or two in Sneaking but I haven't found any gear with it yet.

When I perfect my method of moving NPCs around I'll share it. Currently testing with weird results, Unfortunately, it looks like friendly/neutral NPCs that get moved too far from their intended location simply disappear and appear back at their spots. Trying to get all the Magisters in Driftwood in one locked room.

I'm getting a little frustrated with some bugs and stuff. Things like not being able to rightly determine if quests are actually finished or not. My brother ran into similar issues of doing quests, talking to the quest giver, it never being logged as completed in the journal then ultimately failing and so on.

Difficulty spikes are fine but kinda brutal early on too.

Overall I'm really loving it, just little things sort of bumming me out.

Lanrutcon

I'm getting a little frustrated with some bugs and stuff. Things like not being able to rightly determine if quests are actually finished or not. My brother ran into similar issues of doing quests, talking to the quest giver, it never being logged as completed in the journal then ultimately failing and so on.

Difficulty spikes are fine but kinda brutal early on too.

Overall I'm really loving it, just little things sort of bumming me out.

There was a tweet that Larian is aware of a lot of quests not updating correctly. It'll be patched. I left act 1 with my journal stating I hadn't finished 9 quests when in fact, they were done. Just unconventionally.

Keasar

Okay, some of this just doesn't make sense. This is the beginning of act 2 after the Fort Joy Island.

Right outside Driftwood I see the Meistr I am supposed to meet, Siva, hanging by a noose around her neck and being in the middle of an execution. However, I am only lvl 9 and all the guards and enemies are lvl 12. Meanwhile, other stuff around them and other quests, monsters, enemies are lvl 9.

So I am for some bloody reason supposed to ignore that the very person, who is extremely important, I am supposed to find is found, right at the start, but I can't help her because I am too low lvl to win the ensuuing fight. So I have to walk around, do quests, fight other random monsters while letting her hang around.

How the fuck does that make sense!? That is not sensible design!

Reani

Okay, some of this just doesn't make sense. This is the beginning of act 2 after the Fort Joy Island.

Right outside Driftwood I see the Meistr I am supposed to meet, Siva, hanging by a noose around her neck and being in the middle of an execution. However, I am only lvl 9 and all the guards and enemies are lvl 12. Meanwhile, other stuff around them and other quests, monsters, enemies are lvl 9.

So I am for some bloody reason supposed to ignore that the very person, who is extremely important, I am supposed to find is found, right at the start, but I can't help her because I am too low lvl to win the ensuuing fight. So I have to walk around, do quests, fight other random monsters while letting her hang around.

How the fuck does that make sense!? That is not sensible design!
you dont need to win though. set her free and just flee the battle

Top Bottom