• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter by Larian Studios [Complete, ~$1 million funded]

Dawg

I do think they should have started their "big rush" with press & youtube gamers just a day or two earlier, so the 1M goal would have been reached easier. The kickstarter was basically stagnating at one point.

Another update! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/463771

RXB0jzF.png

Naito

So many updates from this Kickstarter campaign. Yay for the 800k stretch goal!
I really enjoyed this last YT video :)

Eusis

Come on guys, 1 million, somehow :(
I hope they at least get far enough they implement half of that, like a day/night system and just shuffle the NPCs around depending on if it's day or night rather than creating full blown Ultima VII-style schedules.

Dawg

I'm actually really surprised how positive EVERYONE is after playing the alpha.

I played it too and I liked it as well, but I'm a sucker for games like this and the difficulty/etc... so I wasn't sure other gaming media would like it, but apparently... they do.

I think it's great Larian finally has the chance to make a game without publisher pressure.

Eusis

I'm actually really surprised how positive EVERYONE is after playing the alpha.

I played it too and I liked it as well, but I'm a sucker for games like this and the difficulty/etc... so I wasn't sure other gaming media would like it, but apparently... they do.

I think it's great Larian finally has the chance to make a game without publisher pressure.
I'm hoping this indicates there really are untapped niches that are being ignored through focus testing that pulls in dubious choices for people (I wonder if sometimes they just QUIZ them and not let them try things themselves?) or the predispositions of execs. Honestly, I was mainly sold on the premise of actually being a new WRPG going with a turn based battle system, as of late I've felt that the value of them was being ignored in favor of everything going real time and action RPG, and while I enjoy those I DO enjoy being able to take my time and process my choices too.

~Kinggi~

Banned
You know i just got caught up on some of the videos, and what i find interesting is these guy's sense of humor is far better than most. I want to hang out with these folk.

Also that composer dude is amazing.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Never played any games from these guys, but my little brother seems to enjoy them, and I can't leave an independent RPG team unsupported. 40 bucks from me.

Without reading all of what's on the kickstarter page, is there any multiplayer support? I would prefer it didn't, but I won't complain either way.

Eusis

Never played any games from these guys, but my little brother seems to enjoy them, and I can't leave an independent RPG team unsupported. 40 bucks from me.

Without reading all of what's on the kickstarter page, is there any multiplayer support? I would prefer it didn't, but I won't complain either way.
Yeah, actually, drop-in and drop-out co-op, it even lets you argue over what decisions to make.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Awesome, thanks. I'll definitely catch up on this game once I get back from class.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Decided to back it. Really wanted to save money but it looks good, and ive backed all the other rpgs.

also, someone tell me what this addon means?

Divine Divinity Digital Version (HD) add 5$

?

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I really loved how Larian did a mock-up of Divine Divinity using the D:OS game editor. Now we need someone to do a full remake of Ultima VII using the editor :)

traveler

Not Wario
I'll KS this first thing in the morning on the basis on the combat system alone. Still debating which tier, but I'll sleep on it and figure that out later.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
The other aspect I like is that co-op players can be in completely different parts - as far as I understand so correct me if I'm wrong - of the world doing their own thing instead of being restricted to the same screen / map.

I'm assuming that to progress with the main quest both players will need to be together at certain stages of the game.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I didn't expect we'd get anywhere near the $1m mark but I'm certainly glad we have.

Eusis

It's going to take Europe busting the door down at this point, but maybe they'll throw something in after getting this far.

It's going to take Europe busting the door down at this point, but maybe they'll throw something in after getting this far.

I doubt it. They've always been a company that had to work with very limited budgets, so I think they're well aware of what they can offer for a set amount of money. But we'll see. Probably they do want the NPC schedules in there just as much.

guit3457

OK, I'm planning to cancel my 65$ pledge on Kickstarter and send them the money using Paypal.

I guess they will have more of my money this way. Am I right?

OK, I'm planning to cancel my 65$ pledge on Kickstarter and send them the money using Paypal.

I guess they will have more of my money this way. Am I right?

Yes. Amazon takes 3.8% of the pledges that go through and Kickstarter takes 5% of all pledeges, even the ones that didn't go through.

Edit: They should've picked a better time for the campaign to end.

Durante

I think it will fall ~40k short of the final stretch goal. This sucks, but I was more invested in the 800k one and even that seemed to be out of reach for a bit so I'm still happy.

Anno

The Phantom Forest is going to be a lot deeper than I had first thought. Less than 100k to go! If they do end up leaving PayPal open a couple weeks I bet they hit $1m through that anyway.

I'm just happy we got companions now.
All the other stretch goals are nice, but companions are essential to an RPG such as this one.
Honestly companions shouldn't have even been a stretch goal, shit shoulda been a feature from day 1. Still, glad we got 'em now.

Drazgul

I think it will fall ~40k short of the final stretch goal. This sucks, but I was more invested in the 800k one and even that seemed to be out of reach for a bit so I'm still happy.

Paypal campaign will run for 2 weeks after KS ends, so if those "count" they'll still be able to make it.

Speaking of which, would anyone still be interested in splitting the $40 duo pack? One copy for each for just 20 bucks.

jdevil99

Went in for the $95 all physical, my love for Ultima VII compelled me to. Plus, these guys are talented and deserve all the help they can get. (And I'm a sucker for cloth maps)

garath

Watching their livestream final hours. The numbers are ticking up ever so slowly. Just about to roll over 890k. Not sure if that number includes paypal but the million mark is looking ever so far away with only 3 hours left :(

R1CHO

Watching their livestream final hours. The numbers are ticking up ever so slowly. Just about to roll over 890k. Not sure if that number includes paypal but the million mark is looking ever so far away with only 3 hours left :(

The number is just from KS, the Million is going to be difficult.

Watching the stream, Swen is such a cool guy.

Top Bottom