• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter by Larian Studios [Complete, ~$1 million funded]

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Well shit. I'm gonna back this when I get money. Which tier would you guys recommend for a lowly student such as myself?

Zukuu

Banned
Dragon Commander pre-orders at $40 and will launch at $45.

Yeah, and they translate that price exactly onto the 25$ Digital Game Divinity-tier. Feels like a "buy this game"-tier (which it basically is) instead of a kickstarter-pledge price to help funding.
I wouldn't buy DC for full price (if at all) when it's released, so this is probably the only chance I'll pick it up, unless I get the urge to play it in the future and find it for a cheap price.

Well shit. I'm gonna back this when I get money. Which tier would you guys recommend for a lowly student such as myself?

25$ obviously :)

So they need ~300k for the only stretch goal that matters. Its definitely possible but with the slow rate this thing has been going I doubt we'll reach it.

garath

Is it better to go through Kickstarter or donate through their website? I want to get the $40 tier for myself and a friend. He and I rocked the old Neverwinter nights games for many many hours. Right up our alley. This will be the first game I've kickstarted mostly because of it's close release date.

Is it better to go through Kickstarter or donate through their website? I want to get the $40 tier for myself and a friend. He and I rocked the old Neverwinter nights games for many many hours. Right up our alley. This will be the first game I've kickstarted mostly because of it's close release date.

I think they get more money through their website.

Midou

So they need ~300k for the only stretch goal that matters. Its definitely possible but with the slow rate this thing has been going I doubt we'll reach it.

Yeah I don't think the stretch goals are super good. I was planning to do the game in co-op with a friend, so I was not going to do much with henchmen, the traits stuff seems neat but not super motivating. Would have been nice to have some cooler shit inbetween.

I can see it hitting 650k with a last few days push, but it's unfortunate it doesn't seem likely to hit the 1M.

Labadal

Yeah I don't think the stretch goals are super good. I was planning to do the game in co-op with a friend, so I was not going to do much with henchmen, the traits stuff seems neat but not super motivating. Would have been nice to have some cooler shit inbetween.

I can see it hitting 650k with a last few days push, but it's unfortunate it doesn't seem likely to hit the 1M.

Even in co-op, you can have one one companion each.

I prefer the before version of the church area.

Edit: After seeing the bigger screens I actually prefer the before version of all those areas they showed, now it looks like someone went crazy with SweetFX and cranked up the contrast. At least those shots don't look as bad as the "fixed" shots in that gif.

Khar

Oh dear. I prefer the before.

I actually had an ugh reaction when I saw the art 'improvement'.

Edit: This sounds petty, but I dropped my pledge from the $95 tier down to the $25 tier. This is an unwelcome change.

Hrothgar

Except for the Church picture (which somehow went from less foggy to more foggy), I like the new versions much better. Well, maybe the last one should be slightly less dark.

garath

Well I did it. In for 2 at the $40 donation. Did it through paypal so they get the most money possible. Now the long wait till release....

garath

Edit: This sounds petty, but I dropped my pledge from the $95 tier down to the $25 tier. This is an unwelcome change.

You're right. It does sound petty. The game is in development. Subject to change and all that. It's quite probable that the lighting and contrast are going to change again before release. They do seem quite responsive to the community so it would seem much more reasonable to just post about your dislike.

Khar

You're right. It does sound petty. The game is in development. Subject to change and all that. It's quite probable that the lighting and contrast are going to change again before release. They do seem quite responsive to the community so it would seem much more reasonable to just post about your dislike.

I did politely voice my dislike.

My backing amount isn't set in stone. If things are changed I'll be happy to raise it again. I didn't remove my support completely after all. As is, it's simply worth less to me now.

I prefer the before version of the church area.

Edit: After seeing the bigger screens I actually prefer the before version of all those areas they showed, now it looks like someone went crazy with SweetFX and cranked up the contrast. At least those shots don't look as bad as the "fixed" shots in that gif.

You guys are crazy. The after pictures are much better. Before everything looks all dull and muted. After has better lighting and everything just "pops" more.

epmode

If there is any justice in this world it will! I mean, Shroud of the Avatar broke $2M so this should be nearing $10M by now.

I don't think Totalbiscuit has posted his video yet... And maybe inXile/Obsidian will plug them before the end!

ZoddGutts

Still think this may have a chance of hitting their 800K if there's a strong push in the final 3 days. There's been big shocking surprising performances whenever there's a need of a big push.

Clott

In for 40! I have never played an Ultima, but the basic premise sounds enjoyable, and I just love the idea of all of these older series making a comeback.

Mashing

Ultima IX killed any faith people had in that series. It's why I didn't support Garriot's new Ultima project.

We need some more Wizardy games though. Wizardry 8 was the shit.

Sentenza

Ultima IX killed any faith people had in that series. It's why I didn't support Garriot's new Ultima project.
There isn't any new Ultima project.
A co-op game with repeatable scenarios isn't a Ultima game. Nor an Ultima Online, for all that matters.

garath

Finished watching that video finally. I'm very excited! Going to be a hard wait until November. They have a lot of scripting, art and balance work to do but it looks like a pretty complete game.

The 5k backer pulled out :\

New update: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/457725

We're going into overdrive next week. Well actually, it already starts tonight. We're doing online coop playthroughs with Youtube channels, independent journalists, and magazines, such as Games.on.net, Kotaku, RedPandaGamer, Jesse Cox, Quill18, DenOfGeek, TotalBiscuit, Gamer.no, Jeuxvideo.com, Angry Joe, Gamespot, GMBox, Kanobu...

We will announce when they're online and here's the first announcement:

We will be playing live with PCGames.de this coming Monday at 17:30 (GMT+1 with daylight saving) so that's:

19:30 in Moscow
17:30 in Berlin
16:30 in London
11:30 in New York
8:30 in Los Angeles

ZoddGutts

Lot's of Youtube LP's. Was hoping they would get ForceSC2strategy too since he's channel is made up of early builds/beta/alpah's. Overall they got a good list though.

LOL!

Help us bring down RPGwatch.com in Divinity: Original Sin

[...]

Because we're mature grown adults, we can't let RPG Watch win. Their pathetic campaign is currently at a miserable $1,713 - while we're a full $200 ahead! As an incentive, ForkTong offers this bonus:

So anyhoo, done deal.

If Watch gets tower and you get troll, they will attack each other. The outcome depends on the success of each party's fundraiser.

Forktong is David, the producer playing alongside Swen in the pitch video.

Top Bottom