• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

erragal

I'm not accepting any crazy person in my party. Only sensible people allowed! I went into the Hall of Heroes and paid good money for a Sarah Wilson or something. She's a knight, seems alright, doesn't seem crazy, can use a sword.

You actually misinterpreted Madora's character. She's more of a paranoid superstitious type with a backwards education. Cyseal is basically a frontier island. Missing the conversation where you
convince her to stop being a racist
is a shame.

Lorcain

Whenever NPCs seem impressed by the accomplishments of my party of 4, I imagine that my 2 protaganists and Jahan would all just point to Madora and say, "Thank her, she kills everything."

Madora, wrecking monsters and self-esteem. It's what she does.

tm24

How do I get into the abandoned warehouse and the legionnaire storage in Cyseal? Only buildings i havent been able to raid

owlbeak

Bought and remote downloading. Can't wait to get home and load this up. Been waiting for a new game in the vein of Baldur's Gate series and Neverwinter Nights for a while.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How do I get into the abandoned warehouse and the legionnaire storage in Cyseal? Only buildings i havent been able to raid

Abandoned Warehouse:
Through the tunnel in the graveyard, a ladder will take you inside.
Storage:
You talking the one near the harbour with the purple lock? Either win the rock/paper/scissors check with the guard or use an unlock scroll on it.

Fou-Lu

My roommate and I decided we wanted to just be two guys adventuring together without companions, so double lone wolf on first playthrough. It's brutally hard, but I like the idea so we trudge on.

sueil

Cain is the most over powered character in the game his stats aren't even legal. I would use him so hard but I am lone wolfing for my third playthrough.

My roommate and I decided we wanted to just be two guys adventuring together without companions, so double lone wolf on first playthrough. It's brutally hard, but I like the idea so we trudge on.

I've been considering this. For those that have finished the game or made it to some of the later areas with only 2 players and no companions, how manageable are the bigger encounters when it's like 2 v 10 or when there is a boss with massive outgoing damage?

Eternia

While I do love all the combat tracks I would have preferred a few more that get rolled out as you progress into the new major areas to keep things fresh.
Agreed, even the final boss doesn't have its own unique theme. Seems like an unfortunate oversight.

imtehman

Banned
madora is nice but as soon as i got scarlet as a ranger with
arrowspray and heartseeker
you can really wreck shit without all the buffs

sueil

Character with leech + Bloodletting skill from witchcraft which is a level 1 spell = 1 turn cool down complete heal with a heal over time effect in later turns.

epmode

Any idea how to get the prompt to come up again? I remember it came up on my first character creation but I just made new characters and it went right to the game

You have to create a new profile. That's the only time you'll get the Kickstarter code prompt.

Artanisix

Running double lone wolf on hard right now, I'm not a huge fan of massive parties. Leech is your best friend, use and abuse that talent.

danthefan

Running double lone wolf on hard right now, I'm not a huge fan of massive parties. Leech is your best friend, use and abuse that talent.

Can you buy that anywhere?

Really struggling with the
Evelyn
fight, is there any good strategy for all her minions? Normally I'd use Fireball to AOE them but they're all healed by fire :(

Valkyra

Banned

Evelyn
fight, is there any good strategy for all her minions? Normally I'd use Fireball to AOE them but they're all healed by fire :(

Rain for 5 wetness then shock or frost touch first round, keep her CC'd and she'll never call for help. If you have low initiative then poison, ice, air nukes if you have any melee's just have them safely sit in front line using attacks of opportunity to stop the summoned zerg.

Shahadan

Evelyn

Hit the Demonics Ram first with ranged, they die fast and explode. You don't want them near you. After that, cast Rain and a summon if you have one.

danthefan

Rain for 5 wetness then shock or frost touch first round, keep her CC'd and she'll never call for help. If you have low initiative then poison, ice, air nukes if you have any melee's just have them safely sit in front line using attacks of opportunity to stop the summoned zerg.

Hit the Demonics Ram first with ranged, they die fast and explode. You don't want them near you. After that, cast Rain and a summon if you have one.

Thanks to you both, also just gained another level so hopefully that helps.

And I've also seen people talk about some powerful witchcraft buff, what is it exactly?

Zukuu

Banned

And I've also seen people talk about some powerful witchcraft buff, what is it exactly?

It's actually the low level buff "Oath Of Desecration",which adds +50% damage for 3 turns and only costs 3 AP. Been using it almost in every fight, throughout the whole game. That alone is worth level 1 in witchcraft. I wouldn't skill beyond that tho.

Santiako

It's actually the low level buff "Oath Of Desecration",which adds +50% damage for 3 turns and only costs 3 AP. Been using it almost in every fight, throughout the whole game. That alone is worth level 1 in witchcraft. I wouldn't skill beyond that tho.

But death punch is so fun...

danthefan

Sweet, thanks.

Valkyra

Banned

Another tip is to pre-buff before fights, but because rounds go so quickly only go for 1 per character max 2 characters (example: have one char buff then quickly swap and have another char buff then quickly start the fight soon as the animation finishes). Make it your most expensive buff, like haste, summons(can start with this and lose 2 turns on them making it 3 which is fine), and or shields for survivability.

huxley00

I'm at work right now so I can't actually listen to this video, but I'm pretty sure Battle Force is one of the combat themes. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's my favorite.

This game is kind of inverted from standard RPG methodology. Most RPG's, mages start weak and end ultra powerful, in this it's Warriors who have that curve. Mages are still great in the end game, but more as support/utility while your 2hd warrior just wrecks the everloving shit out of everything in sight.
Summons are op even in Baldurs Gate. Just having that extra cannon fodder for your main party is all the difference.

Heman

This game has amazing music. Speaking of which, does anyone know the one that plays when you are in Silverglen sometimes. It has a male chorus, I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Top Bottom