• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Noaloha

Out of curiosity, how were you able to tell from the screenshot that there are multiple characters with Leadership?

All four of the left sidebar portraits have the glowing yelling fisting icon. If only one character had a Leadership stat, said character wouldn't have the buff.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Out of curiosity, how were you able to tell from the screenshot that there are multiple characters with Leadership?

Well if only person has leadership, then one of the portraits (the person with leadership) won't have the buff on it. For all 4 to be buffed, multiple characters need it.

EDIT: Beaten. Gotta stop replying to tabs I've had open forever.

epmode

I have a few people with Leadership because it's on several of the hats I found. Hats aren't all that common in my game so I didn't have a choice. It seems useful, though, so I'm happy about it.

Ok goddamn I finally found that cave entrance in the first area that leads to the lower beach. I don't understand why I completely missed it despite combing the map and essentially doing quests after it as well (I'm so blind). Anyways my character is basically a walking contradiction. Despite being virtuous in his actions and speech, my main (not even a rogue- magewarrior) is a freakin kleptomaniac who cannot resist the temptation of locked doors and locked chests (to the point where my other character pointed it out in dialogue). It's kinda hilarious that I've stumbled onto the individual(s) behind the murder and the undead infestation (and even other mysteries in the 1st area) in such a Pink Panther Inspector Clouseau-esque manner.

Every single level of Leadership I've gotten so far have added amazing buffs.

But there can only be one leader. That's the only way my party rolls.

Sinatar

Ok goddamn I finally found that cave entrance in the first area that leads to the lower beach. I don't understand why I completely missed it despite combing the map and essentially doing quests after it as well (I'm so blind). Anyways my character is basically a walking contradiction. Despite being virtuous in his actions and speech, my main (not even a rogue- magewarrior) is a freakin kleptomaniac who cannot resist the temptation of locked doors and locked chests (to the point where my other character pointed it out in dialogue). It's kinda hilarious that I've stumbled onto the individual(s) behind the murder and the undead infestation (and even other mysteries in the 1st area) in such a Pink Panther Inspector Clouseau-esque manner.

It just reminds me of Ultima, where you are playing the actual living paragon of virtue, Britannia's equivalent of Jesus Christ, and you loot every damn thing that isn't nailed down.

Paches

Madora with a beastly 2H + Bless + Power Stance + Rage + Flurry = 1 shot bosses.

Throw in Wildfire/Haste so she can then sprint across the entire screen and get a hit in on something as well.

Levyne

Banned
Madora with a beastly 2H + Bless + Power Stance + Rage + Flurry = 1 shot bosses.

Throw in Wildfire/Haste so she can then sprint across the entire screen and get a hit in on something as well.

This is basically how I use Madora except with the Witchcraft +50 damage instead of Bless. Gotta figure out how to do that..

the amount of detail in this game is quite simply overwhelming. I spent close to an hour just dicking around in the first real town reading everything and just taking in how expansive this game is

Finally caved and bought it, put an hour into it thus far, so I've cleared that tutorial dungeon and done the first fight so far. Liking it so far for sure. Went with a Witch and Fighter, and I must say, I quite like having a massive spider right from the off, appreciated it. Though, right now, I wish I had some sort of healing ability, but I can live with it.

But yeah, liking this so far, quite fun.

Krassus

you can sharpen your sharp weapons on the wetsone with blackmisthing, give a considerable damage boost.
other improvements (like tenebrium) need to be done with crafting.

so blacksmithing is actually very very rarely used, it probably makes more sense to just collect a few items with + blacksmithing for that. although that probably counts for crafting too, even if you can use that more often. I guess all the out of combat abilities can simply be done with "items, if you are min maxing I'd probably recommend that.

Its pretty insane, I tried telling the guys I played with that I went from 164-217 damage to close to 390 dmg by doing the double dip.

@Levyne thats Oath of Desecration, I use that also as part of my one shot combo.

duckroll

You know what fucking sucks? Undead suck! Everyone in the city was right. It's a fucking PLAGUE on humanity. Ffffffffffffff. You know what sucks more than undead? Undead supported by stupid mages! Mages who can summon MORE undead, or bring them back! Fuck that shit! Oh and undead archers who have fire and poison arrows? Fuck them too! Fuck everything! T_T

FACE

Banned
You know what fucking sucks? Undead suck! Everyone in the city was right. It's a fucking PLAGUE on humanity. Ffffffffffffff. You know what sucks more than undead? Undead supported by stupid mages! Mages who can summon MORE undead, or bring them back! Fuck that shit! Oh and undead archers who have fire and poison arrows? Fuck them too! Fuck everything! T_T

That's where Madora comes in and goes HAM on the mages.

Valkyra

Banned
duckroll isn't using Madora

I tried to tell him that she monsters everything, but he wouldn't listen.

My Madora is mostly golds, immune to many forms of CC and naturally absorbs the elements, can one shot bosses regardless of their element, yet she can't make it to the mobs in time because the elemental firing squad is sooo good. Which brings me to another point, it's great how they did resistances when you over do it, but NPCs should not get mad when you HEAL them with elemental damage.
I had Madora strait rage quit, I mean straight call us scrubs and teleport out, because she was being healed for 100 a tick burning due to my Meteor spell doing work.

duckroll

I'm not accepting any crazy person in my party. Only sensible people allowed! I went into the Hall of Heroes and paid good money for a Sarah Wilson or something. She's a knight, seems alright, doesn't seem crazy, can use a sword.

Valkyra

Banned

Just go for the over kill, give her bully and slow the boss and also give her Oath of Desecration. It's just silly at this point with her only weakness is getting to the mob in time.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Burn them with fire. Did you know that poison and poison clouds are flammable?

--------

What type of party are you using?

Zeliard

(Act 2 Spoilers)

My favorite piece of music so far is the haunting tune that plays when you're in the room with the
White Witch encased in ice

It sounded familiar, not sure if it's something that was used in a previous Divinity game. Gorgeous, either way.

Cyrano

I'm playing my first playthrough on Lone Wolf... and this game is pretty damn hard as a result. I am beginning to hate random loot generation...

Also, why do mages seem so incredibly powerful in this game? Seriously, summoning helpers is ridiculously powerful.

FACE

Banned
Lots of metal references in the game. Someone in Larian must be a huge fan :p

It's probably David(the guy always playing with Swen).

I'm not accepting any crazy person in my party. Only sensible people allowed! I went into the Hall of Heroes and paid good money for a Sarah Wilson or something. She's a knight, seems alright, doesn't seem crazy, can use a sword.

She's about as crazy as she's strong.

Sinatar

Hehe, yep. I want to know names of them all.

Dance of Death

I'm at work right now so I can't actually listen to this video, but I'm pretty sure Battle Force is one of the combat themes. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's my favorite.

Also, why do mages seem so incredibly powerful in this game? Seriously, summoning helpers is ridiculously powerful.

This game is kind of inverted from standard RPG methodology. Most RPG's, mages start weak and end ultra powerful, in this it's Warriors who have that curve. Mages are still great in the end game, but more as support/utility while your 2hd warrior just wrecks the everloving shit out of everything in sight.

Zeliard

(Act 2 Spoilers)

My favorite piece of music so far is the haunting tune that plays when you're in the room with the
White Witch encased in ice

It sounded familiar, not sure if it's something that was used in a previous Divinity game. Gorgeous, either way.

Speaking of this, does anyone know the name of this particular piece?

FACE

Banned
I'm playing my first playthrough on Lone Wolf... and this game is pretty damn hard as a result. I am beginning to hate random loot generation...

Being able to interact witht he environment and use the elements is a pretty nice mechanic for mages, but if you give Madora/your warrior some items and lvls they activate beast mode.

Cyrano

Being able to interact witht he environment and use the elements is a pretty nice mechanic for mages, but if you give Madora/your warrior some items and lvls they activate beast mode.
My warrior is currently having trouble hitting things. Yeah, they crush it pretty hard, but actually hitting targets right now is a significant issue.

Meanwhile, spells always hit... or is their hit chance determined by resistances? I'm confused.

Levyne

Banned
Damn, now I really want to find the Battle Force theme used.

I assume the Soundtrack with the DLC only comes with the 22 tracks that people have uploaded?

FACE

Banned
My warrior is currently having trouble hitting things. Yeah, they crush it pretty hard, but actually hitting targets right now is a significant issue.

Meanwhile, spells always hit... or is their hit chance determined by resistances? I'm confused.

If you can, try to learn Bless.

Sinatar

Damn, now I really want to find the Battle Force theme used.

I assume the Soundtrack with the DLC only comes with the 22 tracks that people have uploaded?

Yea the soundtrack only includes the new tracks Kiril did for OS. You can find the rest of his music for free on his site. Specifically check out the top 2, Musica Divina and Musica Obscura. He has a lot of remixes of Divinity 1 & 2 tracks there and it might have the faster version of Battle Force.

Top Bottom