• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

duckroll

tip for the fight:
Destroy the statues. Elements will be able to hurt him.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh fuck. That changes everything. I'm a moron for not thinking a bit more about the layout of the room and why certain things were obviously there. Thanks! :)

or just blind him over and over while your melee takes him out.

Witchcraft destroys this fight, summons destroying + blind

I'm not having much luck with status effects on him so far, but I'll keep that in mind.

Leezard

Anyone have an issue with the zoom where it seems to get stuck in zoomed very very far out or very very close in?

Well, it happens, but it's not really an issue for me. Just press home or quicksave or doubletap one of your characters to zoom in.

Chaos17

Another noob question. Should I ever cap dumping pts into my primary stat? Level 4 for example and my mage is already at 10. Also for my ranger is perception or speed more important? Is it worth it dump pts in speed at all?

Just to let you know that int he end game you will need like 12 in perception.

epmode

The game's save files are too big for steam cloud

Not anymore. My recent save files are ~5 MB while files prior to the last patch were over 20 MB. Some kind of compression appears to be in place. Before Steam Cloud was disabled for Original Sin, I saw that we had nearly 1 GB of free space. It'll be fine.

Not anymore. My recent save files are ~5 MB while files prior to the last patch were over 20 MB. Some kind of compression appears to be in place. Before Steam Cloud was disabled for Original Sin, I saw that we had nearly 1 GB of free space. It'll be fine.

Yeah just remember the patch note saying that they are already compressing the save files.

Ah that's annoying, thanks.

Well there you have it. It should be re-enabled soon I think.

Ourobolus

Banned
Hm...so I've been thinking I've been doing this wrong.

I've been pumping Dex into my Rogue for awhile now, and I know it improves my Chance to Hit with my Daggers, but does it also improve damage? Or do I need to be putting points into Strength as well?

Sothpaw

Hm...so I've been thinking I've been doing this wrong.

I've been pumping Dex into my Rogue for awhile now, and I know it improves my Chance to Hit with my Daggers, but does it also improve damage? Or do I need to be putting points into Strength as well?

Str is useless for rogues. I think you're OK. Prob but some points into speed and con as well (I don't think rogues go with glass cannon so speed would be good).

Sothpaw

For my warrior and fighter I've just been going for strength only so far, should I be going for some other stats too?

Yes I would do one levelup point in speed and another levelup point in con. Rest probably all in strength. That's what I've done and have had no problems so far on either of my warriors (one 1 handed the other 2 handed).

Zakalwe

Banned
Anyone on a Mac who could talk me through installing the 4 player mod please?

My friend's playing on a Mac and I don't have access to search one to find out myself. After downloading the mod via Steam Workshop, you need to move the mod .pak file to the Divinity mods folder folder.
A step by step would be really appreciate so I could forward it to him. He's a bit resistant to modding stuff, so liable to give up at any point, but we need him in our 4 player game!

Thanks guys. <3

Sendero

Was busy the last 2 weeks, no time to play. And just noticed there have been several updates. Quick questions:

1) Now that IA personalities have been added, is it possible to alter it for my 2nd MC? Don't want to start over again.
2) Have they added more companions with unique dialogue, like Jahan and Madora? Is there any estimate on when?

Brakke

Banned
Speaking of stat allocations... what is the cadence for level ups?

1 level / skill point
2 levels / attribute
3(?) levels / talent?

Zakalwe

Banned
Speaking of stat allocations... what is the cadence for level ups?

1 level / skill point
2 levels / attribute
3(?) levels / talent?

Here you go, friend.

Was busy the last 2 weeks, no time to play. And just noticed there have been several updates. Quick questions:

1) Now that IA personalities have been added, is it possible to alter it for my 2nd MC? Don't want to start over again.
2) Have they added more companions with unique dialogue, like Jahan and Madora? Is there any estimate on when?

1. Yes.
Mirror in the Inner Chamber
-
2nd room you unlock in the Homestead
2. Not yet.

1) I think you can do this at the Homestead mirror where you customize your character. It will be the second(?) room you unlock, with the bedrooms.
2) In the future. No exact date has been announced for the other comanion update, but I recall a month or two from release being the current guesstimation.

1. Yes. In homestead. Mirror in chamber.
2. Not yet. I think after august. Might not remember correctly.

Ferrio

Banned

Yes you unlock a feature to change your characters appearance etc very early in the game.

Sendero

Ah, thanks, for all the responses. For whatever reason, haven't returned to Homestead in quite a while, and forgot about it.

After August? Hope savegames are still compatible by then.

yuraya

Does anyone know of any rings or necklaces that add + to dexterity? I found a few unidentified items in Cyseal that add to vitality, perception, and intelligence. But haven't yet found any that add to + dexterity. or strength for that matter.

Fuz

Banned
Does anyone know of any rings or necklaces that add + to dexterity? I found a few unidentified items in Cyseal that add to vitality, perception, and intelligence. But haven't yet found any that add to + dexterity. or strength for that matter.

Loot is random.

Yes, it sucks.

Fou-Lu

I wonder if I will ever be able to play this game? I have emailed support several times now and they still have yet to get back to me.

danthefan

Probably going to want some Speed, Constitution, and Perception just for starting/round/cap AP during battles too.

Thanks, find I could sometimes definitely do with more AP but with Madora in particular she does a lot of damage so it's hard to turn down putting the points into strength for even more damage.

Kiyoshi

You can craft one:-

Pillow + Knife = Feather
Bone/Skull + Mortar and pestle = Bone dust
Bone dust + Stardust plant = Pixie dust
Feather + Pixie dust = Magic Feather
Magic Feather + Thread = +1 Dex Amulet

For strength...

Magic claw (claw + Pixie dust) + thread = +1 strength amulet

Brakke

Banned
Thanks, find I could sometimes definitely do with more AP but with Madora in particular she does a lot of damage so it's hard to turn down putting the points into strength for even more damage.

Always depends on how close to the line you are. If you can turn two mediocre attacks into three, then that's way better than two slight-more-than-mediocre attacks. I personally prefer the more-options route. A million small hits is better than one million-hit so you can avoid wasting damage output on overkill...

Randy

Interesting quote:
"Ze zijn al hier geweest om ons te kopen", zegt Vincke, niet specificerend wie 'ze' zijn. "We hebben keuzestress op dit ogenblik. Maar we weten nog niet wat we gaan doen. Eerst vakantie, daarna gaan we ons bezinnen over wat onze volgende stap wordt."

Freely translated:
"They came here already to buy us. We are stressed by the choice what to do next, but we still don't know at the moment. First vacation, then we will think about our next move."

Sothpaw

I hope they remain independent, no publisher would've given us D:OS.

I feel like they are going to sell. I would if it secured my financial future. Yea though if they do then I doubt we will get another game like this from Larian. Bioware never gave us another great game like BG2, it happens.

Wow, the Steam forums for this game are ridiculous.

One guy flagged someone's comment asking for better quest markers as it was "hazardous to the game".

I feel like they are going to sell. I would if it secured my financial future. Yea though if they do then I doubt we will get another game like this from Larian. Bioware never gave us another great game like BG2, it happens.

I seriously doubt that. They want to make games like this and have full control over the game, and the only way to do that is to stay independent.

epmode

Wow, the Steam forums for this game are ridiculous.

One guy flagged someone's comment asking for better quest markers as it was "hazardous to the game".

And?

Interesting quote:
"Ze zijn al hier geweest om ons te kopen", zegt Vincke, niet specificerend wie 'ze' zijn. "We hebben keuzestress op dit ogenblik. Maar we weten nog niet wat we gaan doen. Eerst vakantie, daarna gaan we ons bezinnen over wat onze volgende stap wordt."

Freely translated:
"They came here already to buy us. We are stressed by the choice what to do next, but we still don't know at the moment. First vacation, then we will think about our next move."

Well, that doesn't sound good at all.

I can't see Swen selling, though. Not after all the bullshit he's gone through to get away from publisher/funding drama.

Alric

Interesting quote:

Freely translated:

Who is "they"?

Palehorse

This is a weird thing, being approached to be bought.

One or more publishers decided that the team was talented enough to do great things and went to buy Larian to:

a) turn them into the next Bioware to make Divinity: OS 2 but more mainstream?
b) give them a boatload of cash and turn them loose to make their dream rpg and build on D:OS?
c) take full control and have them start churning out Divinity themed games over and over?

I would think that the lure of money would be great, however Larian has shown that they just really love making RPGs, and poured their money into D:OS. Swen has been blogging about running an independent studio for a while and he seems pretty proud of it, for good reason.

I'd like to see them continue doing their work, because they take such joy in it. I'd back another game in a heartbeat. But I'd also be interested in a game made by them where money wasn't a bottleneck. Tough choice.

misho8723

Banned
So when i want to learn a new skill, i need to replace the old one with the new skill ? (I mean in that menu which you can see when you press 'K' I think)

Brakke

Banned
It's a weird word to use. They actually sold you the game. It wasn't a gift. The word reads entitlement to me. "Give Diretide". And "give" sets up a weird power dynamic, one that doesn't really reflect the reality of this relationship. Larian didn't give this game to us, they "brought" it to market--in the hope that we would bring our money to the market. If anyone "gave" this game to the world, it's the Kickstarter backers. They went into this venture not necessarily expecting anything in return.

Sometimes my copy editor soul makes things like that jump out at me. You're saying much more than you intend with "give".

So when i want to learn a new skill, i need to replace the old one with the new skill ? (I mean in that menu which you can see when you press 'K' I think)

If your slots for that skill are full, yes. You could also increase the level of your skill to get more slots.

Top Bottom