• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Novoitus

Banned
Pull on one of the character portraits until the chain between the two break.

Drag their portraits away from each other until the chain connecting them breaks. This allows them to move independently.

You're meant to place objects onto them. Though another puzzle comes up later where you need to do that anyway. You drag your character portraits away from each other to 'unchain' them, then they can be controlled independently.

Thanks!

Does anyone know how I'm supposed to get to the
beach in the North West
? I can't seem to find a way down to it. That's not really a spoiler just a geographic location, but you never know.

keep going along the river that you see down there. You find a cave guarded by a bunch of undead

~Kinggi~

Banned
I love that larian so quickly acknowledged and fixed the voice issue. Quick patch was quick! But makes sense, game is top of the sales boards. Gotta keep the good word going.

Levyne

Banned
I'm finding that I have a lot of lore books that I kind of want to keep but are annoying to lug around. Any place to store things? (Not crafting books, those I just sell back once read)

epmode

I assume you could just put them in a container in a familiar location. Do containers ever get reset? I bet the homestead is safe.

pahamrick

I assume you could just put them in a container in a familiar location. Do containers ever get reset? I bet the homestead is safe.

Homestead spoilers:
You unlock a room that has storage chests, it will even unlock an option in your inventory to send to chest once unlocked.

Bah. Crossed the threshold of a forbidden door I had previously opened when someone was around and instantly every guard in the city was hostile. Hadn't saved in a while too. :/

NIN90

Quests: The Fabulous Five / Arhu's Failed Experiment:
So I destroyed the automaton in the cave but now I can't find the men who fought alongside me (journal says they went to look for treatment with the Legion). Also, the Fabulous Five dudes from the inn apparently relocated and now I can't find them either.

Any pointers?

Chaos17

So I destroyed the automaton in the cave but now I can't find the men who fought alongside me (journal says they went to look for treatment with the Legion). Also, the Fabulous Five dudes from the inn apparently relocated and now I can't find them either.

Any pointers?
Yeah, I had a lot trouble with that and that's when I regreted quest markers, imo.
he is at the prison

Shahadan

About the quest with the cat collar
I've found a giant crab but it didn't gave me anything...unless it wasn't the source abomination and there is another giant crab somewhere?

Santiako

Any pointers?

About the FF
You can't locate them because they were scammers and bailed with the reward money :p

Eusis

All KS backers have gotten the Source Hunter DLC. Which would explain the 1.2 GB update this morning. The talking Trunks and Grail items should be in your inventory.
Well crap, guess this is the third possibility I should have anticipated with going with a gift copy and why I should have waited on activation (screw it you all own the DLC!) Now, whether to try to get a refund on Steam or let it lie, $33 is still cheaper than most paid for this.

Chaos17

Thanks! I suppose I will
see the Fabulous Five later on again?

I don't know yet, I just finished the area but I hope so.

Oh so it wasn't that one.
I just found the skeleton so I guess I'm gonna find out about that soon :D
Thanks!

Edit: Oh fuck
Becareful the door that lead to it is
where the orcs and the skeletons fought, I missed it during my first run, lol

JambiBum

Can anyone tell me where the church is? We've looked all over for it and I remember finding it in the beta but I can't find it now.

Chests are the most wonderful thing in this game. That is all I can say.

I'm finding that I have a lot of lore books that I kind of want to keep but are annoying to lug around. Any place to store things? (Not crafting books, those I just sell back once read)

The library's not just a place to steal from, y'know! You can use it as a wonderful storage room.

Zukuu

Banned
how do I get into the room where cecilia bathes? there is a pyramid in front of her I want to have. I don't find the key anywhere. Story related?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
10-hours in and after beating a particular tough fight near the lighthouse. I honestly feel playing this on "hard" is the way to go. It's demanding without being too challenging, and the design of the skills and various ways you can use the environment raises the bar when it comes to combat in role-playing games because just holy shit. I gotta wonder how Pillars of Eternity pause-and-strategise brand of combat is going compete after playing this.

6 hours in and I am still running around town without having set foot outside the gates.
Murphy is awesome as fuck. Sad to hear what he barks about though ;(

ZoddGutts

10-hours in and after beating a particular tough fight near the lighthouse. I honestly feel playing this on "hard" is the way to go. It's demanding without being too challenging, and the design of the skills and various ways you can use the environment raises the bar when it comes to combat in role-playing games because just holy shit. I gotta wonder how Pillars of Eternity pause-and-strategise brand of combat is going compete after playing this.

Never been into RTWP combat, glad this is turn base. The combat in D:OS isn't just competent but also pretty damn fun.

I am curious how the mechanics of this game will compare to Pillars of Eternity.

I mean, I'm sure the story and such will be fine - Obsidian has always been very good at that sort of thing - but I can't help but think Divinity: Original Sin will be very difficult to beat in a purely gameplay, design, and mechanical standpoint. But I suppose the fantastical and wonderous Divinity setting (such as it is) is part of what enables the immense freedom and good deisgn in DOS.

And, as always, RIP in pieces Dragon Age.

Never been into RTWP combat, glad this is turn base. The combat in D:OS isn't just competent but also pretty damn fun.

You're breaking Durante's heart right now.

misho8723

Banned
Finished right now the 2th walkthrough of Witcher 2 EE (Roche path) - still a fantastic game.. really looking forward to the last part of the trilogy..

But the good news are, that now i got time to really dig down into this game.. i tried already the game for about 3-4 hours, just really guick look what it offers and - yeah, so far definitely the best game of this year (still very early to say this decidedly) - but i hope that i can say this again after finishing it :)

how do I get into the room where cecilia bathes? there is a pyramid in front of her I want to have. I don't find the key anywhere. Story related?

If you investigate the murder crime scene you eventually get teleported to a place where you encounter imp npc, he will give you the pyramid item or just go directly to Evelyn side quest

Sarcasm

You know how you get exploration EXP for breaking into peoples private areas? Does it automatically go to my party? I ask cause I usually detach one of my characters to do the stealing and stuff.

epmode

You know how you get exploration EXP for breaking into peoples private areas? Does it automatically go to my party? I ask cause I usually detach one of my characters to do the stealing and stuff.

By default, the combat log on the right side of the screen where the experience went. I believe it will go to all of your characters even if they aren't grouped together. It's a good idea. Much better to have that than force players to keep everyone together at all times.

Zukuu

Banned
If you investigate the murder crime scene you eventually get teleported to a place where you encounter imp npc, he will give you the pyramid item or just go directly to Evelyn side quest

I have that already (I'm 20 hours into the game or something). Can I just use my pyramid to get in there? >_< lol

Top Bottom