• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

epmode

I really wish that selecting another character with an F key with the inventory screen opened automatically switched the inventory screen to that character's stuff. I suppose that could interfere with the co-op in some way but oh god I want it in single player.

I wish your inventory view allowed to see more items

That too. Or more sorting options. Specifically an auto-sort with new items automatically highlighted. The way the game automatically puts new items at the end of the list makes searching for stuff a little tedious.

Mrg8523-

I've pushed all before I found it as well. It's located
at the south side (so not on the platform with all the switches) in the very corner left to the stairs leading down
. Hope that helps.

Found it. Passed by there many times and neve bothered moving my camera past the bush it was behind. Thanks!

Burt

Some puzzles in this game, man. Just wait till you get to the fucking (Map 2)
secret room beneath the Immaculate church after the boss

If anyone's gotten that far, I give up, just tell me what to do.

halp

pls respond

Edit: Okay, someone had it on the Steam forums. Completely fucking nonsensical though. Sort of. Fucking obscure.

Never spam through stuff you pick up without looking at it.

Holy shit and then right after. I don't know if this game is the best or the worst.

Echoplx

Why are my resurrect scrolls suddenly acting as teleportation scrolls? I can't revive now.

EDIT: Weird, I used it anyway (it said choose target to teleport) and it revived him? What's that about?

Why are my resurrect scrolls suddenly acting as teleportation scrolls? I can't revive now.

You use the scroll initially and select a dead character. Then you choose where to teleport them (I guess to prevent characters from reviving in a hazard and dying instantly) and then they are revived.

Echoplx

They resurrect the target, which lets you then spawn it away from harm.

You use the scroll initially and select a dead character. Then you choose where to teleport them (I guess to prevent characters from reviving in a hazard and dying instantly) and then they are revived.

Yeah I worked it out now, no idea why it says choose target to teleport instead of choose target to revive haha

Does anyone have any descriptions of all the summons? Like is there a difference between the fire and air elementals? I don't want to have to buy them all to test them out.

Zukuu

Banned
I can't figure out how to craft skill books. I take a blank-witchcraft skill book and drag it onto a resurrect spell. Nothing happens.

My main 2 characters are so bad. Madora and Jahan carry me hard

I feel ya. Ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg

This game is balls hard for me but I keep getting drawn back to it. Something about the whole package that's very addicting. But yeah, I really wish my mains kicked butt more :(

I feel like a lot of my combat encounters have come down to luck of not being raped by projectiles, stuns etc. I've been trying to get by the damn
Orc mini boss in front of the skull lair on the beach now for almost an hour.
. Absolutely love discovering all the different elemental combos though. I feel like I need to develop a much deeper strategy for conserving AP per turn, but I feel like I have to utilize all I've got to make a dent sometimes.

Maybe I'm playing in an area I'm just not leveled enough for yet? I'm on 3 so maybe there's another area I should be playing in instead? Or questing in town. Bah I feel like most modern rpgs/games have totally gimped my expectations for power (yeah I haven't played the Souls games) progression in characters. Time to up my game I suppose.

Okay. Not sure if this is a main quest tie-in or side.

So I've found the hatch in the Undertaker's Hut.

But it won't let me enter. I'm assuming it's an underground thing. Help?

I feel ya. Ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg

This game is balls hard for me but I keep getting drawn back to it. Something about the whole package that's very addicting. But yeah, I really wish my mains kicked butt more :(

I feel like a lot of my combat encounters have come down to luck of not being raped by projectiles, stuns etc. I've been trying to get by the damn
Orc mini boss in front of the skull lair on the beach now for almost an hour.
. Absolutely love discovering all the different elemental combos though. I feel like I need to develop a much deeper strategy for conserving AP per turn, but I feel like I have to utilize all I've got to make a dent sometimes.

Maybe I'm playing in an area I'm just not leveled enough for yet? I'm on 3 so maybe there's another area I should be playing in instead? Or questing in town. Bah I feel like most modern rpgs/games have totally gimped my expectations for power (yeah I haven't played the Souls games) progression in characters. Time to up my game I suppose.

Yeah, you are level 3, you should be fighting undead in the west. Not orcs on the beach. Fight stuff that is like around your level. The content isn't going anywhere. If something is hard, explore other places

JambiBum

I asked before but didn't get an answer, can someone point me in the direction of the church? I haven't been able to find it at all. Unless it is through the
burnt area
. I have yet to go through that area so if it's there that would explain a lot.

FtHTiny

They really should have separated the quick travel points. Maybe a new page for the second map because scrolling down every time is kinda tedious.

Sarcasm

This murder quest is really getting on my nerves.

So I have found 4 smelly items. Found in this order 1) Panties 2) Shoes 3) Coat 4) Socks. Now dog sniffed 1, 2 & 3 with 3 having Jakes scent on it. I can't get him to sniff the socks nor find any clues to where the owner of 3 went. Not in in my journal. Where do I find clues????

FtHTiny

I asked before but didn't get an answer, can someone point me in the direction of the church? I haven't been able to find it at all. Unless it is through the
burnt area
. I have yet to go through that area so if it's there that would explain a lot.

That is exactly where you need to go but you can slip past it on the left side.

Levyne

Banned
Am I the only one that...(weird battle strat)

Fortifies Madora and then teleports her on top of the enemies? :x

Salsa

im still at a lost with the stuttering man. Considering that I get way less inside caves and all.. maybe it is performance/specs related?

I mean, im on a OCed 2 gig 680 and an i5 2500k at 4.5ghz..... is that really not enough to max it at constant 60?

Zukuu

Banned
This murder quest is really getting on my nerves.

So I have found 4 smelly items. Found in this order 1) Panties 2) Shoes 3) Coat 4) Socks. Now dog sniffed 1, 2 & 3 with 3 having Jakes scent on it. I can't get him to sniff the socks nor find any clues to where the owner of 3 went. Not in in my journal. Where do I find clues????
Speak with the suspect's employer.
You should get the key to her room.

im still at a lost with the stuttering man. Considering that I get way less inside caves and all.. maybe it is performance/specs related?

I mean, im on a OCed 2 gig 680 and an i5 2500k at 4.5ghz..... is that really not enough to max it at constant 60?

Have you capped the framerate to 60 in the game options?

EDIT: Though I guess that only matters if you have a 120/144 Hz monitor.

Sarcasm

Everything is stock on mine but I have a i7 4770K (other choice where I live was some i3) and a 670..120 fps no stuttering..

moniker

So, earlier I had claimed a Steam beta key even though my choice for the final version was GOG (since they said you had to get a new key for the final version). Then Larian changed their minds and the beta keys got upgraded to final instead, which overwrote my GOG choice. Then they added the option to destroy the Steam key and generate a new one for either Steam or GOG, so I destroyed the old one and claimed a GOG one. But I still see D:OS in my library in Steam, so I guess I got an extra copy for free?

Dipper145

sometimes I find some battles just painfully slow paced. I still really love the game, but the animations and stuff can take forever sometimes.

Burt

This game gets really quite hard. I thought I was over that once I hit like level 6, but nope, boss fights in this game are still ri-goddamn-diculous.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I have a cheese trick against the undead, if you think some encounters are too hard:

If you heal them from outside the engagement range the combat doesn't start but they still take damage. Depending on the map you can get some enemies down significantly before the actual fight.

Be mindful to not kill them this way, as they will not yield XP because it's not considered combat.

Levyne

Banned
As soon as I started to convert my single dagger wielding shadow whoever to a bow-user, I find myself doing a lot better. Can't figure out how to properly use most of the scoundrel skills.

OmegaDL50

This game gets really quite hard. I thought I was over that once I hit like level 6, but nope, boss fights in this game are still ri-goddamn-diculous.

Max level is 20 with no hard cap (No hard cap exists because you simply will max out at 20 because of doing every quest and defeating enough monsters to the point that there isn't any more to get to 21).

Think of it like D&D with no Epic leveling system (i.e levels beyond the 20th level)

So combat will always be challenging.

This isn't the sort of game in which you'll eventually steamroll through every encounter once you hit a certain level. Battles relying on more emphasis of strategy and planning will more often then not rule the day in this game over just brute forcing everything because of higher numbers.

Just finished Cyseal. Holy fuck guys, this game just keeps getting better. The end boss fight was cool, took a few tries and my final try was nearly immaculate. I was so proud I haven't had that feeling from a game in ages.

From the 20 minutes I spent in the next zone it looks to be about as big as Cyseal... and Cyseal took me 22 hours! There's supposed to be 4 of these huge zones? mindblown

The story is getting pretty cool. If it keeps escalating the way it is this could be pretty epic. The only thing missing is more party member choices, but Larian has already said they want to add more companions in the future they just ran out of time at release. I'm not too fond of either of the companions personalities - hopefully they develop further instead of just being two crazy fanatics the entire game.

I need more visible skill bars. Larian pls. At least give me a hotkey to switch skill bar numbers so I don't need to click the arrows all the time. That's like my only complaint about the UI.

Levyne

Banned
Just finished Cyseal. Holy fuck guys, this game just keeps getting better. The end boss fight was cool, took a few tries and my final try was nearly immaculate. I was so proud I haven't had that feeling from a game in ages.

From the 20 minutes I spent in the next zone it looks to be about as big as Cyseal... and Cyseal took me 22 hours! There's supposed to be 4 of these huge zones? mindblown

The story is getting pretty cool. If it keeps escalating the way it is this could be pretty epic. The only thing missing is more party member choices, but Larian has already said they want to add more companions in the future they just ran out of time at release. I'm not too fond of either of the companions personalities - hopefully they develop further instead of just being two crazy fanatics the entire game.

I need more visible skill bars. Larian pls. At least give me a hotkey to switch skill bar numbers so I don't need to click the arrows all the time. That's like my only complaint about the UI.

I'm probably going to take longer than 22 hours in the first map. I'm going soooo slow.

Zukuu

Banned
About to end my 3rd day of playing. I can't believe how much I love this game. Haven't had so much fun playing a game in a long while. Time goes by so hard, it's not even funny.

Where do I see the play time? Just the steam time?

Zeliard

Max level is 20 with no hard cap (No hard cap exists because you simply will max out at 20 because of doing every quest and defeating enough monsters to the point that there isn't any more to get to 21).

Think of it like D&D with no Epic leveling system (i.e levels beyond the 20th level)

So combat will always be challenging.

This isn't the sort of game in which you'll eventually steamroll through every encounter once you hit a certain level. Battles relying on more emphasis of strategy and planning will more often then not rule the day in this game over just brute forcing everything because of higher numbers.

Solid tactical play is paramount with this game's combat. I've beaten groups of level 6 orcs with a level 3 party on Hard through good position and proper use of elemental combinations and other skills.

Those fights were intense, and great fun. Absolutely adoring the combat here.

Top Bottom