• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Hero | Official Thread

mr_square said:
I've just tried mine again for the first time today, and it's fine now!

Are you on the PS3 version too? Maybe its some weird bug with the wireless controller :\
No, I'm playing it on 360. It stopped working again today after a couple of hours. Restarting the controller fixed it. Don't know what the hell's going on...

Dazzyman

God this is good and Ive only done the tutorials (normal and advanced). Reminds of drums really on these games and feels like your actually doing something other than a guitar that felt like a game.

Honestly didnt reliase how deep the system is with spikes, fades and rewinds to go with scratching (as 3 buttons for me looked abit misleading).

Might even beat the might Rock band for me and thats a big statement. Really glad I got it now and im not really into rap music :lol

Struct09

Dazzyman said:
God this is good and Ive only done the tutorials (normal and advanced). Reminds of drums really on these games and feels like your actually doing something other than a guitar that felt like a game.

Honestly didnt reliase how deep the system is with spikes, fades and rewinds to go with scratching (as 3 buttons for me looked abit misleading).

Might even beat the might Rock band for me and thats a big statement. Really glad I got it now and im not really into rap music :lol

2w2lpie.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
mr_square said:
I've just tried mine again for the first time today, and it's fine now!

Are you on the PS3 version too? Maybe its some weird bug with the wireless controller :\
I just ran into this in a play session earlier today. Haven't tried it since, hope restarting the controller ends up fixing it.

Ok now that I'vz played most of the mixes I can say that this is a very fun and well done game.
It's not that realistic but you've got a DJ feling when you reproduce the movements.
The only thing that disapoints me for now is the shitty DJ + Guitar mix. Most of them are just crap. I know that some person want to use their plastic instruments in the more games they can but for DJ Hero this wasn't needed at all.
I really hope the DLCs will mainly be DJ mix and not DJ + Guitar.

Wario64 said:
Least important? Every button on the controller is important in this game. Effects dial gives you a free ride on the Euphoria multiplier on those orange tuning bits. It's like the equivalent of the whammy bar except you get the benefits immediately. Plus it's pretty satisfying to go from crossfader -> effects dial -> crossfader
I absolutely agree, I feel that I am in a rhythm when I can pull all of that off successfully. This game is just really fun.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I went against my better judgment and bought it.

It's a lot of fun, and there are some good songs, but I really feel like the game's way too easy. I started on Expert, and I'm already done with maybe 70% of the game, getting mostly 4-stars. I'll probably sell it pretty soon.

Also, the Daft Punk mixes were kind of disappointing. Oh well.

Captain N

Believe it or not I am having a hard time finding an online match on the Wii version. Did anyone else pick up the Wii version? I really wanna try this out online.

Dacvak said:
I went against my better judgment and bought it.

It's a lot of fun, and there are some good songs, but I really feel like the game's way too easy. I started on Expert, and I'm already done with maybe 70% of the game, getting mostly 4-stars. I'll probably sell it pretty soon.

Also, the Daft Punk mixes were kind of disappointing. Oh well.

woa

bardia

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but after spending a lot more time with the game on expert and completing about 50-60% of the songs with 5 stars i've noticed that you DON'T have to actually hold the button down the whole time when doing continuous directional scratches. You can scratch and lift your finger off and bring the turntable back to neutral position and then press the button down and scratch again. This is really helpful for when you either have a large gap between successive scratches (but the game says it's a continuous scratch and you have to hold the button down) or if you have a stream of multiple scratches in the same direction one after the other.

XiaNaphryz

So the last time I fired the game up, the effects dial worked fine again. Dunno what's going on there.

I've gotten all the songs unlocked now as well, I somehow managed to 3* Groundhog on Hard.

DarkWish

So I played DJ Hero at Best Buy today and loved it. I was planning on buying the game (on Wii) after I bought a PS3 Slim next month, but now I've decided to forget about buying a PS3 Slim and just buy DJ Hero now. The demo was a lot of fun and it'll be fun trying to master the controls. I'm thinking it's going to be better than Guitar Hero, at least from what I played. So yea, I'll be picking up the regular version tomorrow. I was thinking about the renegade edition, but I couldn't justify paying $80 more for a different paint job, stand, and CD.

XiaNaphryz

Dazzyman said:
Anyone know what the code is for on back of manual on PS3 and where to put it if its used?
It says what it's for right on the back cover - redeem at the listed URL for a sticker sheet.

Dazzyman said:
Anyone know what the code is for on back of manual on PS3 and where to put it if its used?

They're probably planning ahead for DJ Hero 2, so you can export the songs. But now, you can get a thing of stickers.

1stStrike

Banned
Picked up the PS2 (yes, you read that right) version today and me and my friends have been playing the **** out of it. It's a ton of fun and we haven't even unlocked everything yet. I'm not interested in paying the ridiculous prices for the DLC but from what I've seen thus far I should be quite happy with what I've got for a while. At least until DJ Hero 2 comes out.

Kccitystar

KingHenrik30 said:
game needs more Daft Punk/Daft Punk mashups

Alive 2007 DLC?

If Daft Punk's Alive 2007 becomes DLC, that will be the tipping point for me to buy DJ Hero. I am still on the fence on buying it.

DrAndonuts said:
They're probably planning ahead for DJ Hero 2, so you can export the songs. But now, you can get a thing of stickers.

I wonder why they don't just include the stickers in the game box. Do they save that much money by hoping people aren't going to request them? You'd think it would cost a bunch of money to hire people to respond to the sticker requests and then ship them out.

Kccitystar

I wonder if they will ever release like a soundtrack to this game since a lot of these mixes can't be found outside of the game

Didn't see this in the OP, but I am thinking of picking this game up after playing the demo in Best Buy. I know the DJ-Gutiar mixes will work with a Guitar Hero guitar, but will they work with a 360 Rock Band guitar? If it'll work with a 360 RB guitar I'll pick this up for the Xbox so I can use that feature. If it only woks with Guitar Hero guitars, I'll pick up the PS3 version since my PS3 has more hard drive space free for DLC, and I'd be worried about filling up my 360 with both Rock Band and DJ Hero DLC.

Crabcakes

Neo Member
Are most of the turntables a little wobbly? It's nothing major and doesn't affect gameplay at all but if i spin the thing it shows a slight wobble and I'd just like to return in early if this is an indicator of something wrong.

Crabcakes said:
Are most of the turntables a little wobbly? It's nothing major and doesn't affect gameplay at all but if i spin the thing it shows a slight wobble and I'd just like to return in early if this is an indicator of something wrong.

No, mine's not. The actual stand is wobbly, but it's not been an issue with actual gameplay.

The case/stand is fine, but for the extra amount for the Renegade Edition, it could have been a little bit higher quality. It's flimsy when you try and carry it with the handle, looks like the top cover is gonna come off. I suggest not carrying it that way and just holding the thing with two hands.

bardia

StrikerObi said:
Didn't see this in the OP, but I am thinking of picking this game up after playing the demo in Best Buy. I know the DJ-Gutiar mixes will work with a Guitar Hero guitar, but will they work with a 360 Rock Band guitar? If it'll work with a 360 RB guitar I'll pick this up for the Xbox so I can use that feature. If it only woks with Guitar Hero guitars, I'll pick up the PS3 version since my PS3 has more hard drive space free for DLC, and I'd be worried about filling up my 360 with both Rock Band and DJ Hero DLC.

I use my Rock Band guitar for 2 player, so yes it works.

ravien56 said:
Fuck DLC. They should just make DJ Hero Daft Punk. The Daft punk setlist was the best part of the game.

I dunno man, I'd pay just about any price for the Justice † album with Girl Talk doing the mash-ups. :D

ravien56

kitchenmotors said:
I dunno man, I'd pay just about any price for the Justice † album with Girl Talk doing the mash-ups. :D
This would be second for me but I'm not familiar with Girl talk. Armin Van Buuren would also be sick. They have so many artists to choose from. Don't fuck this up Activision please.

kitchenmotors said:

Girl Talk is awesome but he's a bit spastic. I'm not sure he would be able to stick to a mash-up that only used 2 songs for it's entire 3-5 minute length. He goes usually through 2 songs in about 20 seconds.

StrikerObi said:
Girl Talk is awesome but he's a bit spastic. I'm not sure he would be able to stick to a mash-up that only used 2 songs for it's entire 3-5 minute length. He goes usually through 2 songs in about 20 seconds.

He is spastic, but during his live shows he sticks with songs a little longer. In any case, I wouldn't mind some Girl Talk type mash-ups for DJ Hero, they would be similar to the Daft Punk Mega-mixes, although I'm sure something like that for DLC would cost far too much because of the license issue.

Nemesis_

Captain N said:
Believe it or not I am having a hard time finding an online match on the Wii version. Did anyone else pick up the Wii version? I really wanna try this out online.

I'm having trouble finding games in the 360 version too. >_>

DarkWish

Captain N said:
I got the Wii version today, but I can't seem to connect online at all. I cleared my Wi-Fi settings and added my router again and the connection test succeeded. But I can't seem to get it to connect in DJ Hero, it just says that there was an error.

Captain N

DarkWish said:
I got the Wii version today, but I can't seem to connect online at all. I cleared my Wi-Fi settings and added my router again and the connection test succeeded. But I can't seem to get it to connect in DJ Hero, it just says that there was an error.

were you trying to download new music? well going to the music store? Because that gives me an error as well, but that's because there is no music on the store yet. Hopefully it'll be there tomorrow.

Multiplayer works for me though..just no games found.

DarkWish

Captain N said:
were you trying to download new music? well going to the music store? Because that gives me an error as well, but that's because there is no music on the store yet. Hopefully it'll be there tomorrow.

Multiplayer works for me though..just no games found.
I was just connecting to Wi-Fi to play online, not the music store. Even when it tries to connect to Wi-Fi when I first turn on the game, it doesn't connect. I actually haven't tried connecting to the music store yet because I knew there wasn't any music anyways. I mean, it's no big deal right now cause I'm still unlocking songs, but in a few days I'd like to play online so hopefully it starts working soon.

Captain N

DarkWish said:
I was just connecting to Wi-Fi to play online, not the music store. Even when it tries to connect to Wi-Fi when I first turn on the game, it doesn't connect. I actually haven't tried connecting to the music store yet because I knew there wasn't any music anyways. I mean, it's no big deal right now cause I'm still unlocking songs, but in a few days I'd like to play online so hopefully it starts working soon.

I think you can go to the options and do something with your internet connection there. I find it odd that the game doesn't let me change my user name. I think it uses the same user name I used from one of the older Guitar Hero games. I'll try to connect to a game online tonight and let you know if I'm getting the same error.

ravien56 said:
This would be second for me but I'm not familiar with Girl talk. Armin Van Buuren would also be sick. They have so many artists to choose from. Don't fuck this up Activision please.
I know man, Armin was just voted #1 DJ for the third year in a row, how is he not in DJ Hero???

Chû Totoro said:
Most of them are just crap. I know that some person want to use their plastic instruments in the more games they can but for DJ Hero this wasn't needed at all.

Useful for the girlfriend/wife that can play Guitar Hero and does not like DJ as it's too hard. These were clearly added to the game once Activision got the publishing rights again. They are seperated off on thier own menu in quickplay so once you've 5* them you'll never need to bother with them again.

1stStrike said:
Picked up the PS2 (yes, you read that right) version today and me and my friends have been playing the **** out of it. It's a ton of fun and we haven't even unlocked everything yet. I'm not interested in paying the ridiculous prices for the DLC but from what I've seen thus far I should be quite happy with what I've got for a while. At least until DJ Hero 2 comes out.

How are the load times?

Is any game mode crippled?

Is it the same controller as the PS3?

Classic_Gs said:
Yea, but I would love to hear some of his songs mixed into DJ Hero; Shivers, Control Freak, Imagine, etc.
Prob a conflict of interest or something with the different publishers and developers or something.

Is there going to be some kind of official soundtrack available? I really want that Verve Bittersweet Symphony remix that's in the game.

Dragnet

Gary Whitta said:
Is there going to be some kind of official soundtrack available? I really want that Verve Bittersweet Symphony remix that's in the game.

They said no because of licensing issues.

Top Bottom