• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition |OT| ...And I've got a bigger change log

Dahbomb

I HAVE JUST ACQUIRED DmC DEFINITIVE EDITION FOR PS4!!!!

First things first, there was no big patch to download. The game started instantly ready to go.

Secondly, streaming the game right now in 5 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/dahbomb

It's up folks! Taking all questions, requests etc.

Anth1888

Just bought this and its my first DMC game enjoy God of War, Heavenly Sword and Bayonetta. Is the consensus to start with turbo mode on, even for beginners?

I should have turned on Turbo Mode sooner than Mission 12, holy shit. You'd think the framerate was higher than 60fps. It plays smooth as fuck.

Dave1988

I HAVE JUST ACQUIRED DmC DEFINITIVE EDITION FOR PS4!!!!

First things first, there was no big patch to download. The game started instantly ready to go.

Secondly, streaming the game right now in 5 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/dahbomb

It's up folks! Taking all questions, requests etc.

That's interesting. I have no idea what this is then.

This is the "patch" I downloaded yesterday.

It even had a changelog:

Anyway, I've deleted and reinstalled the game. No patch this time around.

SkylineRKR

I should have turned on Turbo Mode sooner than Mission 12, holy shit. You'd think the framerate was higher than 60fps. It plays smooth as fuck.

Its a bit of a shame that its only selectable at mission select, I played the first handful on normal speed because of this. But without comparison its improvement is not noticable, I guess... Now its like 'shit, this is way better!'.

UPS should be here within the next 45 minutes >.> Refreshing the tracking every 30 seconds while I watch TV incase I don't hear him leave it at my front door. He never knocks so my german shepherds don't go nuts. >.>

Sagely

Hnnnnggggg I was going to wait until Friday to play this as a weekend treat, but seeing Dahbomb's Twitch stream and knowing the game will be waiting for me after work today is just too much to bear. Seriously can't wait to play it at turbo speed.

*Checks EU store, DMC is up*
*Checks US store, not a damn thing*

only thing keeping me from buying this on xbox one is the online tax charge.

105.Will

cracked and went to gamestop to get mine, couldn't wait on the damn psn store to finally put it up. Time to get motivated

Slaythe

You know what's sad ?

The PSN version not being up and the lack of AF making it look like shit on ps4 really ruined my hype.

Dahbomb

Yeah I pointed out on stream that Demon Dodge now gives Speed boost as well, it says so when you are about to purchase it in game.

I would like to point out that Style bar is way, way strict this time around especially on Hardcore mode and even without it. I would actually change my initial recommendation from newcomers playing on Hardcore mode to playing on Normal starting out (unless you are OK with not getting good rankings). Getting SSS ranks is difficult now as is maintaining them.

They didn't just nerf Style rankings in Normal mode but in Hardcore mode as well. So if you were used to the Style rankings in vanilla DmC and getting SSSs all the time... you will not be getting SSSs in Hardcore mode with the same combos. I know this for a fact now.

Hardcore mode has exposed me hardcore... been getting nothing by C and D ranks for missions and not able to get high ranks in standard combos either. Only in large crowds and with Aquila have I been consistently getting SSS ranks.

Going back to playing the game and thank god the changelog has been released. Will be reading this at night after my session.

Gbraga

There are some bugs we didn't fix, like the double charge shot. We intentionally left these in
because the way they're exploited is pretty cool

RAHNI TUCKER YOU'RE THE BEST

DA BEST

EDIT: Ok, still very disappointed with the colored enemies, and I really hope they patch them to suffer from hitstun, but I'm convinced, I can't have this experience with mods, I'll pick this up the moment Grace Chen allows me to.

EDIT2: WHENS DLC TAUNTS

EDIT3:

Fixed infinite climb exploits (Angel Lift + Stomp, and Angel Lift + Jump)

RIP sequence breaks :(

Sesha

Just read through the entire changelog. Rahni and her team have done amazing work, kudos all around. I love all the changes to the style system, especially the "Awesome combo" stuff, and getting style points for just evades and parry.
The bosses are mostly changed for the better, especially the Hunter and Vergil, but there's a couple of things I dislike, like the fact you can't parry Bob's attacks anymore, which makes the fight even more uninteresting. Also dislike that you can't one-off Lilith and have to finish her off in the third phase. Also still wish you could stun/juggle colored enemies with the wrong weapons. Damage reduction should be enough.

Seik

Banned
Just bought my copy...though I won't be playing tonight since it's a Fighter Night at one of my friend's place. (SFIV, Blazblue, MvC3, etc.) Hopefully I'll have some time to sink my teeth in if I don't come back too late. I'm crazy hyped for this...for some reason, even if I did the game twice on both PS3 and PC, hahaha! :D

ZeroX03

Banned
Reading through the change log while waiting for the PS4 release. This all sounds great. Giving skilled defensive options a style bonus or more fairly placed keys.

Top Bottom