• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz to step down, Joining Clinton campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Associated Press (@AP)
7 mins ago - View on Twitter
BREAKING: Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz says she will step down at end of party's convention.
There's a statement read by CNN panel, trying to find it.

Edit:
CoJ7lJmXgAAuK_X.jpg

Edit 2: Donna Brazille is going to be the interim party chair

K.Sabot

Felt like all the negative attention she brought was responsible for turning what seemed like a complete and utter cakewalk for Hillary into something more challenging in the long run. Thankfully, the RNC is doing everything in their power to self-destruct and that will probably get us through in the long run.

Madness

About time. It is a miracle the DNC got a complete shithead for the Republican nominee otherwise they would have been screwed with all these reveals and issues. If I was Bernie I would be feeling really vindicated right now. No wonder Tulsi Gabbard resigned. Everything is so corrupt.

Amazing news. Now find someone who focuses on state and local races throughout the US.

Dems are so terrible in that area, it's embarrassing.

Kite

I remember reading back when Sanders made his list of demands including DWS stepping down that she was going to be gone anyways? It's standard procedure, DWS was appointed by Obama and Clinton is going to want her own person in the position. Plus Clinton doesn't like DWS anyways, they have history.

According to Politico, the tension between Obama and Wasserman Schultz got bad enough that his inner circle considered replacing her as head of the DNC. Dovere said this plan was abandoned because "there was nervousness about the optics of Obama dropping a woman from the party leadership."

Wasserman Schultz initially supported Hillary Clinton rather than Obama in the 2008 presidential race. However, Dovere reported that, if Clinton is the Democratic nominee in 2016, she would most likely replace Wasserman Schultz. He attributed this to lasting animosity over the fact Wasserman Schultz allegedly reached out to Obama in 2008 and expressed her willingness to back him before Clinton officially ended her campaign.

http://www.businessinsider.com/report-tensions-between-obama-and-debbie-wasserman-schultz-2014-9

Blader

I wonder what effect, if any, this will have on her House race? IIRC she's pretty popular in her district and it sounds like Canova has already blown through his money, but this can't be a good look for her anyway.

Can we just have a primaries do-over? Pretty please.

He lost legitimately.
I remember reading back when Sanders made his list of demands including DWS stepping down that she was going to be gone anyways? It's standard procedure, DWS was appointed by Obama and Clinton is going to want her own person in the position. Plus Clinton doesn't like DWS anyways, they have history.

She was always likely to step down after the election anyway, regardless of what the Bernie campaign wanted.

She should have stepped down or been forced out a long, long time ago. Probably in the aftermath of the mini-scandal where Bernie staffers were accessing Hillary's fundraising data.

So obvious at that point that leadership of DNC was:
1) Incompetent, and
2) In the tank for Hillary

Either of those should have been enough to get her out, but here we had both.

Dems are the party of good government and need to at least be able to run their own organization without looking like fools.

Sagroth

This is the best move to make right now. It's been so scary watching Democrats try their best to bungle a gimme election.

Good riddance. Even setting aside the matter of her impartiality or lack thereof during the primary, or her own less-than-progressive positions, her tenure has been disastrous for the party.

BiggNife

What was so bad about her? I keep hearing she was terrible, but I don't know much.

She did an awful, awful job of campaigning for midterm elections. As disastrous as the RNC is right now, they get people out to vote on non-presidential years. DWS didn't.

Xe4

Banned
She would've been replaced anyways. It just helps that she can be the sacrificial lamb for this shenanigans.

She was aight. Not a big fan of her abandoning Obama 2 years ago, but I can't find too too much that I didn't like or dislike of her aside from that. She was just kind of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom