• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz to step down, Joining Clinton campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's like the Clinton campaign is unaware of optics

It's not just optics.

One of the things DWS explicitly sucked at was a 50 state campaign, and now they hired her to help with a 50 state campaign.

Yes I'm aware it's not really all 50 states equally.

Madness

Feel like people are hating her for basically doing what her job description required.

She is not the Clinton campaign manager. The job is to get a democratic nominee to be president yes, but it also is to promote democratic party ideals, to promote state and local democratic officials. She has to be inpartial when there is a nomination process going on. She is far too corrupt coupled with the fact that the emails are also showing they were willing to stoop to anti-semitism.

It's not just optics.

One of the things DWS explicitly sucked at was a 50 state campaign, and now they hired her to help with a 50 state campaign.

Yes I'm aware it's not really all 50 states equally.

It's some throwaway position She won't be some big part of the campaign

boiled goose

good with gravy
Would you prefer if they burned at the stake?

Uh. No. I just wish politics was either less corrupt or more transparent. :)

Folks like Matt apparently still believe that DNC was not backing Clinton from the start haha. Imagine if leaks from the Sanders camp had staffers considering feeding misogynistic narratives to media. Oh lawd. The outrage on Gaf would be insane.

To me, DWS getting a job from Clinton after this scandal is a humongous conflict of interest. Play ball. Get hired.

Here's a hypothetical question. Let's say the party chair favored one candidate. They fed favorable narratives to the media about such candidate and unfavorable narratives about opponent. They also scheduled debates in a manner that favored preferred candidate. After leaks of emails, chair gets canned but gets new job from favored candidate. Would that be corruption? It certainly makes me uncomfortable.

legacyzero

Banned
And now she's with the Clinton Campaign? The irony is too good.

And Trump is going to use this shit so hard. "Hillary has a corrupt former chair-person on her campaign! But Hillary is corrupt too! So that's ok!"

Xe4

Banned

Folks like Matt apparently still believe that DNC was not backing Clinton from the start haha.

To me, DWS getting a job from Clinton after this scandal is a humongous conflict of interest. Play ball. Get hired.

Here's a hypothetical question. Let's say the party chair favored one candidate. They fed favorable narratives to the media about such candidate and unfavorable narratives about opponent. They also scheduled debates in a manner that favored preferred candidate. After leaks of emails, chair gets canned but gets new job from favored candidate. Would that be corruption? It certainly makes me uncomfortable.

But they didn't...

Folks like Matt apparently still believe that DNC was not backing Clinton from the start haha.

How is that corrpution? It's a campaign not a political office.

Edit: And as DNC chair she would have been working for the Clinton campaign to get her elected anyway...

Vire

And now she's going to ve working on the Clinton campaign? The irony is too good.
That's probably out the window at this point to be honest now that this stuff is out there... Would be a real bad look for Clinton, but I guess it would matter much once she's already elected.

DWS stepping down needs to be the beginning of a massive purge. It cannot end with her resigning.

She's getting a mighty good trolling on Twitter. But Chris Dodd is getting it even worse.

Xe4

Banned
The debate thing was done. The rest was just internal gossip.

Was it talked about in the emails? Cause I remember the debate thing being a big fuss that 6 debates or something wasn't enough, even though the number later got changed upwards.

How is that corrpution? It's a campaign not a political office.

That doesn't matter. She didn't like Bernie.

Hillary has to cut her out of the party or else.

She lost her speaking position and is stepping down. So fucking what if she is helping on the campaign to stop the fucking white supremacists from taking the white house.

Bernie's statement

CoKK94iUEAAuX4n.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
I love that folks still claim that the debate thing is somehow tilted.

Does Hillary do better on certain nights? Do TV broadcasts to receptive Bernie voters fuzz-out on certain days? Did DWS figure-out that Bernie get a +10% Personality boost on certain moon phases? How does this magic work?

Vire

? Apologies if I'm misreading you...
I think it's a matter of semantics and that's where we are getting tripped up. DNC = DWS as the buck ultimately stops with her. Which is why I was saying she was ultimately responsible for the corruption that took place during the process of the primaries and then Y2Kev proceeded to call people who criticized the DNC as diablos republicans. I know it's in jest, but it struck a cord of annoyance with me. I apologize for that.

Ponn

Banned

Sounds like politics as usual in a nutshell. The level of contempt from the public is directly related to the level of support and commitment to the candidate. In this case Clinton supporters will see nothing wrong here and try to downplay it or "explain' it to others. If the situation was flipped they would be in an uproar and Bernie supporters would think nothing of it. Round and round we go.

noshten

I guarantee if the leaks continue DSW will quickly resign but not before this honorary position is used as an attack on Hillary - this election is truly amateur hour

More armateur hour then Bernie or Trump?

They contribute to my statement.

Madness

Only to crazy bernie or busters.

Who care more about feels then doing good

Hillary needs Bernie supporters more than ever. Why do people assume the presidency will be a walk in the park? It would be sheer stupidity for Hillary to have someone like DWS join her campaign now. She is poison in the eyes of the non-Hillary voters now. She needs to win over as many Bernie supporters, independents, and maybe even anti-Trump republicans. She doesn't need people like Debbie to be with the campaign. In just a matter of days we've gone from her calling out Reince Preibus for not knowing how to run a convention to only speaking for a little bit, to not speaking at all, to flat out resigning by the end.

Armaros

I guarantee if the leaks continue DSW will quickly resign but not before this honorary position is used as an attack on Hillary - this election is truly amateur hour

More armateur hour then Bernie or Trump?

Hillary needs Bernie supporters more than ever. Why do people assume the presidency will be a walk in the park? It would be sheer stupidity for Hillary to have someone like DWS join her campaign now. She is poison in the eyes of the non-Hillary voters now. She needs to win over as many Bernie supporters, independents, and maybe even anti-Trump republicans. She doesn't need people like Debbie to be with the campaign. In just a matter of days we've gone from her calling out Reince Preibus for not knowing how to run a convention to only speaking for a little bit, to not speaking at all, to flat out resigning by the end.

Why would the current Bernie supportor in her camp turn now? Are they so not caring about Bernie's goal of stopping Trump?

I mean, I think Bernie Sanders has probably gotten more concessions from the party and the winner than any losing presidential candidate in party history (which, hooray! Because that's who I voted for) so I'm not terribly torn up about the way this has played out. If the DNC is corrupt, they're also pretty incompetent at being corrupt considering how the primary ended up playing out.

Clinton hiring DWS immediately is stupid. The kind of dumb things I hate that she has a tendency to do. It certainly doesn't help us. But not so stupid that it's worth entertaining the notion of voting against Clinton. Hopefully the new DNC chair does a better job and DWS is shuttered away to a pointless vanity role.

RPGCrazied

Have you seen Trumps numbers with women and minorities? Just saying. Its not looking good for him. Even with this drama.

Vire

CoKIkbjW8AEsgBR.jpg:large

Will people really care about the details though?
Well that's just idiotic on her part then, why on earth would they announce that now? It only further fuels the corruption narrative. Sweep that shit under the rug until once you are elected and then make a hush hush move by giving her a job somewhere after the fact.

At any rate, it's a pretty huge demotion nonetheless...

Steel

Banned
No, it plays directly into Trump's "Crooked Hillary" campaign tactics. Again, it's completely tone deaf to not see this.

It's kinda ironic for him to complain about that when he's hiring Roger Ailes who is literally accused of sexual harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom