• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz to step down, Joining Clinton campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What was so bad about her? I keep hearing she was terrible, but I don't know much.

She was a total egomaniac that was all about her.

Dead had a 50 state strategy that she totally abandoned, and under her leadership she's managed to piss off everyone else at the top.

That's the thing here. Clinton has no love loss for her over the 2008 election. The Obama camp don't like her. Bernie's camp don't like her. Red states despise her cause she left them out to dry. Even blue states don't have any major love for her cause she did nothing to actually move the party forward.

In essence she road Obama's coattails while failing to accomplish anything in terms of Senate/House seats while conceeding large swaths of state and local just cause. This is even beyond the fierce partisan landscape that hasn't helped in many areas in the county.

She had also been know to go into high ranking and big doner meetings and start shilling for her personal campaign.

Most if not all of this is irrespective of the current email leak debacle which just serves to muddy the waters on her.

I was saying that they should replace her with someone from the Sanders camp as a sign of unity and pushing the party towards its eventual future.
I disagree. She should be replaced by someone competent and able. The majority of people who ran Bernie Sanders's campaign were anything but. No.

Cipherr

Finally. Its annoying that people that don't pay attention to politics at all will pin this medal on Bernies chest even though DWS has been hated by Liberals for a LONG time due to her fucking up the handling of our midterms; but I can live with that if she is gone.

A fucking disaster she is.

Kusagari

Because Democrats can afford to lose house seats to a Berniecrat that is more right wing then DWS.

One, there is absolutely zero way Canova would lose that district. A piece of toast could run under the Democrat banner in that district and win.

Two, I hate a lot of what Canova has said recently but I'd rather have him in than a woman committed to helping Republicans stay in office in Florida. At least Canova won't stop anyone from trying to dethrone Debbie's BFF Ros-Lehtinen.

Armaros

One, there is absolutely zero way Canova would lose that district. A piece of toast could run under the Democrat banner in that district and win.

Two, I hate a lot of what Canova has said recently but I'd rather have him in than a woman committed to helping Republicans stay in office in Florida. At least Canova won't stop anyone from trying to dethrone Debbie's BFF Ros-Lehtinen.

So you will rather have someone who isn't a progressive or a liberal but just anti-DWS.

And you want to give him an important house vote.

Really pushing progressivism forward.

I figured someone would go, but I didn't think it would be her. Oh well. Hopefully the next person is able to handle the job and get us past this.

Kusagari

So you will rather have someone who isn't a progressive or a liberal but just anti-DWS.

And you want to give him an important house vote.

Really pushing progressivism forward.

So Debbie helping keep her Republican friends in office is pushing progressives forward? Opposing medical marijuana is pushing progressives forward?

Give me a fucking break.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I disagree. She should be replaced by someone competent and able. The majority of people who ran Bernie Sanders's campaign were anything but. No.

This.

Not to mention Sanders camp is hardly the first group of people to have issues with her. They can get inline with the rest. :p

Armaros

So Debbie helping keep her Republican friends in office is pushing progressives forward? Opposing medical marijuana is pushing progressives forward?

Give me a fucking break.

So you want to put someone just as bad? While attacking her? Basically doing the same?

What's that word?

RPGCrazied

This better be all the drama the DNC has next week. We must defeat Trump. I swear if Bernie pulls some shenanigans, I'll be upset.

Vire

Give me a fucking break.
She basically singlehandedly prevented me from being able to get medical marijuana in Florida. As a person with Crohn's disease, it would have been an amazing non invasive and low impact treatment for me.

Also, as you mentioned, she was a horrible representative who severely hurt the chances of the Dems in the mid terms. And yet here you have people defending this horrible and corrupt woman in this thread and the other.

Dont get it.

Steel

Banned
She basically singlehandedly prevented me from being able to get medical marijuana in Florida. As a person with Crohn's disease, it would have been an amazing non invasive and low impact treatment for me.

Also, asyou mentioned, she was also a horrible representative who severely hurt the chances of the Dems in the mid terms. And yet here you have people defending this horrible and corrupt woman in this thread and the other.

Dont get it.

I've only seen one person period actually defend her.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This better be all the drama the DNC has next week. We must defeat Trump. I swear if Bernie pulls some shenanigans, I'll be upset.

Bernie has said 250 times the worst thing in the world that could happen is Donald Trump getting elected.

He will deliver a rousing barnburner speech mauling Trump and praising Clinton.

HylianTom

Banned

At this point, I'm strongly leaning towards trusting Bernie (which feels like whiplash, since I had issues with how he ran his campaign). His reponse to this has been reassuringly focused on the real goal.

He's sending a signal, and I wish more folks would take the damn hint.

Vire

At this point, I'm strongly leaning towards trusting Bernie (which feels like whiplash, since I had issues with how he ran his campaign). His reponse to this has been reassuringly focused on the real goal.

He's sending a signal, and I wish more folks would take the damn hint.
Bernie got what he wanted, she stepped down. He'll play nice now.

kirblar

She was a total egomaniac that was all about her.

Dead had a 50 state strategy that she totally abandoned, and under her leadership she's managed to piss off everyone else at the top.

That's the thing here. Clinton has no love loss for her over the 2008 election. The Obama camp don't like her. Bernie's camp don't like her. Red states despise her cause she left them out to dry. Even blue states don't have any major love for her cause she did nothing to actually move the party forward.

In essence she road Obama's coattails while failing to accomplish anything in terms of Senate/House seats while conceeding large swaths of state and local just cause. This is even beyond the fierce partisan landscape that hasn't helped in many areas in the county.

She had also been know to go into high ranking and big doner meetings and start shilling for her personal campaign.

Most if not all of this is irrespective of the current email leak debacle which just serves to muddy the waters on her.
50 state was dead long before she got the job, IIRC - that was a general Obama admin problem.

Armaros

I've only seen one person period actually defend her.

I actually don't like her but when people come in and hope random nobodies, who they don't even know the political positions of, win a important congressional seat.

All I See is disgusting tea party like behavior and nothing regarding good governance.

RPGCrazied

In terms of this drama, he wanted DWS to resign.

He also made it clear that this doesn't change his stance on the general election, that Trump absolutely must be defeated, and he remains steadfast in support of Clinton.

Didn't know about that, well, that is reassuring.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I hope they get someone that can shift the majority of focus to state races. We need to take back the house and senate.

Steel

Banned
Y2Kev and Matt were openly making excuses for her and the DNC in the previous thread. Now she is stepping down...

I mean, Matt was banned and I don't really remember Y2Kev making excuses for DWS. The DNC as a whole in the context of the email leak is another discussion altogether.

tumblr_inline_nlnm5t785a1qjubbz.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Y2Kev and Matt were openly making excuses for her and the DNC in the previous thread. Now she is stepping down...

You need to go back and read my post, because I will say for the third time now you are uninformed. I said plainly, clearly, that DWS is responsible for the actions of the DNC. There is nothing in the email leak that implicates her directly, but she, as the head of the organization, is responsible for what happened. I now said this twice. You are getting on my nerves with your decision to totally not read what I'm writing.

Vire

You need to go back and read my post, because I will say for the third time now you are uninformed. I said plainly, clearly, that DWS is responsible for the actions of the DNC. There is nothing in the email leak that implicates her directly, but she, as the head of the organization, is responsible for what happened. I now said this twice. You are getting on my nerves with your decision to totally not read what I'm writing.
Then we are in complete agreement, she is responsible for the ongoings of what happens within the DNC. I never said otherwise.

So as she steps down from the DNC chair role, she's already got a job with the Clinton campaign.

https://news.vice.com/article/break...sserman-shultz-resigns-over-wikileaks-scandal

Would you prefer if they burned at the stake?

No, but it makes the Clinton campaign look tone deaf to sweep her up and give her a PR rubdown while she's in the midst of being nationally roasted over alleged corruption (favoring Clinton) in the email leaks.

It's hard to imagine the situation looking worse for her campaign in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom