• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do any other you tubers run their channels like Asmongold?

No matter how little a given topic needs to be covered, nearly every you tuber will spend 8 to 20 minutes telling you all about it in time wasting detail. Not with Asmongold. He just says screw the you tube algorithm and tells you what you need to know in 1 to 3 minutes. It's great.

The Asmongold clips channel seems to just be there to "advertise" the main channel, if you do want longer and more detailed content. My question is, what other you tubers can you name that do this? I can't imagine he's the only one, and I really like the format.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
He doesn't even run this account, he just "owns" it and somebody else does the work of cutting things down and doing edits. Asmongold just streams on Twitch.

But yeah, it's becoming more of a trend, there's one for Pirate Software as well I think.

Vlodril

Need to know specific thing
Find youtube video
20+ minutes long
Close.

Irritates me, some things are still better just as a document. Until we can start searching inside video content

That is super annoying.. Look up a name pronunciation video starts. " let me tell you how to pronounce x name. I will now tell you how to pronounce it. In it's language. The correct pronunciation" for 40 seconds until it says one single name..

Also for tech things 5 minute videos for something you can do with 3 clicks.. Just stop.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
That is super annoying.. Look up a name pronunciation video starts. " let me tell you how to pronounce x name. I will now tell you how to pronounce it. In it's language. The correct pronunciation" for 40 seconds until it says one single name..

Also for tech things 5 minute videos for something you can do with 3 clicks.. Just stop.

I think it's because Youtube had brought a policy in where very short videos couldn't get paid ad revenue, so they had to be a certain length. I assume there's probably something about making sure people watch for a certain amount of time too.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Need to know specific thing
Find youtube video
20+ minutes long
Close.

Irritates me, some things are still better just as a document. Until we can start searching inside video content
That's the old way.. I always use the built-in CoPilot in Edge for highlights in youtube videos, it's fantastic. And if you need details or think you missed something about something specific inside a video just ask for it and it's given to you in two seconds. I love 2024.

Yeah, many youtubers deliberately bait headlines, talk rubbish for 15 minutes, and then spend one minute somewhere at an unspecified point in the video about the actual story. With AI they are no longer able to waste my time.

Asmongold is good entertainment though, and I usually manage to watch his videos without FFW them.

On a side note, another useful trick is to 2x speed videos with a lot of talking.

Last edited:

Diddy X

Gold Member
I'd say it's the norm now that they stream on twitch and somebody else, sometimes just fans, grab the video and cut it into smaller more spreadable pieces.

TrebleShot

That's the old way.. I always use the built-in CoPilot in Edge for highlights in youtube videos, it's fantastic. And if you need details or think you missed something about something specific inside a video just ask for it and it's given to you in two seconds. I love 2024.

Yeah, many youtubers deliberately bait headlines, talk rubbish for 15 minutes, and then spend one minute somewhere at an unspecified point in the video about the actual story. With AI they are no longer able to waste my time.

Asmongold is good entertainment though, and I usually manage to watch his videos without FFW them.

On a side note, another useful trick is to 2x speed videos with a lot of talking.
Wait WHAT?! the copilot thing how does that work

Methos#1975

He doesn't even run this account, he just "owns" it and somebody else does the work of cutting things down and doing edits. Asmongold just streams on Twitch.

But yeah, it's becoming more of a trend, there's one for Pirate Software as well I think.
That's smart business

Aenima

This channel is run by his editor. His main youtube channel has loger videos, usually 30 minutes and up. I usually watch one of his videos daily during my lunch time, i like that he talks about a variety of topics, some of them is he reacting to well informed and well made videos by other youtubers so from time to time you learn something new. A recent one i enjoyed watching was about that steam banana game and the economics behind it. Its hilarious that the dev of that game was selling skins for the banana that could not even be used in the game. Literally a game to buy and sell NFTs without them being actual NTFs.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Wait WHAT?! the copilot thing how does that work

Simply open Copilot in your browser while viewing a YouTube video. As shown in the image below, click on the upper right corner. Then, click on or type "generate video highlights" to view the results.

3d0kj73.png

The YouTube video discusses a court case involving an individual who fakes her disabilities, and I can f.ex. ask copilot what the defendant's income is:
9Wd6APt.png

I can ask about the specific orders and conclusions issued by the judge:
Q7HQOqA.png

I can swiftly verify the uploader to determine if the headline is just clickbait without needing to watch the video, and Copilot includes timestamps for each mention:
bU2WRpS.png

You can do the same for any type of video, like gaming videos, of course. The only prerequisite is the availability of a transcript, which is common for videos from well-known creators.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

I like his content, his reactions videos are good.

But he really can't do Playthroughs, he tries to be too entertaining maybe? I don't know.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
My question is, what other you tubers can you name that do this? I can't imagine he's the only one, and I really like the format.

There are quite a lot, and he wasn't the first. Search for channels with clips in the name and you'll find lots of offshoots. Since shorts debuted, many are just doing those, however.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
I only follow his clip channel as I don't have anytime to watch streams. But guy's based and entertaining, so is his editor for the channel.

Last edited:

tmlDan

he doesn't post anything,. its his editors.....if you even watch it you should know this.

Routinely, his editors make fun of him for his bad takes

also, most youtubers/streamers have a clip and normal channel, this is not new anywhere

Last edited:
I like Asmongold but I'm often surprised at his political blindspots considering how thoughtful he is with other topics. He just comes off as really uninformed and not because I want him to vocalize things I agree with, I just expect something less shallow.

Kamina

Golden Boy
His shorts are pretty entertaining, and he is pretty based, despite being an unwashed lunatic.
The best video was when he played the Asmongold Horror Game 😆

Last edited:

Hudo

I like Asmongold but I'm often surprised at his political blindspots considering how thoughtful he is with other topics. He just comes off as really uninformed and not because I want him to vocalize things I agree with, I just expect something less shallow.
I think this is just his Texan sensibilities showing through. Part of the charm.

Top Bottom