• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 10 |OT| He's Back, and It's About Time

Sheroking

Well, he's been The Doctor only for a few hours (minutes?) at the end of his life. We know that during the Time War he's done quite a few un-doctorish things such as leading an army.

A similar case is the Ninth Doctor, who's been The Doctor for most of his life except the final moments when he broke the promise deciding to be "coward, any day" (in his words to the Emperor of the Dalek). But for most of his life he's been The Doctor, so he counts, while the "War Doctor" doesn't.

It's not as though the Doctors refer to themselves as "10", "11", "12" etc anyway. They are all just The Doctor.

That's just for us to keep them apart in our discussions.

tomtom94

As per, I won't be watching until tomorrow morning. Can confirm the finale will air at 6.30pm next Saturday.

Interestingly, just checked the ratings accumulator and Eaters of Light got this series' first 81 on the Appreciation Index so maybe another case of it being popular with (some) fans but not with general audiences like Midnight or Heaven Sent.

mclem

zQ2VexU.jpg

That's from the second series of The Windsors, a Harry Enfield satirical series. And that guy on the right, playing Trump?

Henry van Statten himself.

RadioTimes article

Sheroking

Get the new doc out there announced before the media leak it?

That would be the only reason they rush something like that out in this form: If they think someone is going to publish it soon.

Otherwise, I think they'd announce a reveal date some time ahead and reveal it in like a month or so after the finale.

Slowdive

Banned
They gonna spring the next Doc announcement here? What is this. Weird as hell. A half-hour post show for the first part of season-ender.

They're showing the episode with a live orchestra, with the Q+A afterwards. Ed Russell said they're not going to announce the next doctor there, but who knows.

iFirez

Fucking hell I hope that's not the end for Bill. That was grim.
I hope it is. I love Bill, but Moffat wrote to nice of an ending for Clara. This ending is darker but similar to Amy and Rory's end. I think the companions should have darker endings, it's the result of travelling with the Doctor.

Very enjoyable, I'll wait for the conclusion before making any firm judgements but it's probably the best of the season so far. Looks like Moffat's going out with a bang.

I have to say though, while I have loved Moffat's tenure, I will be glad when I never have to hear the phrase "Doctor Who" ever mentioned in episode again. Keep it to the titles please.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I thought the opening 10 minutes were complete fanwank, honestly. The "Doctor Who" gags especially.

Rest of the episode made up for it, but that was a rough opening.

Kuraudo

Banned
Would have been better if they hadn't spoiled Simm being in it months ago.

Pretty good episode though. As much as I think it's time for Moffat to move on, his are the only episodes I've really enjoyed this series. It feels weird that there are only two left.

8bit

Knows the Score
I'm going to miss sarcastic Glaswegians in space a lot. Michelle Gomez was especially brilliant here. (And speaking of brilliant, I thought for a few minutes that was Paul Whitehouse.)

Cronen

So based off this episode and the preview:

Possible that next episode ends with The Master regenerating into Missy and fleeing (maybe to Earth) with some Cybermen after their plan is foiled? This would then lead up nicely to the end of Series 8 with Missy doing human conversion of the dead with Cybermen

Symphonia

Banned
I thought that was one of the best episodes since the Eleventh era. I felt they dealt with the time dilation nicely, and it was great to see Simm back as the Master. I'm still not quite sure how he got there, but nevermind. That regeneration teaser, though, so good. I'm glad Moffat is going out on a high.

Top Bottom