• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 9 |OT| Let Zygons Be Zygons

Well that was lame as fuck for a series finale.

Clara is just the worst, blatant Mary Sue character I've ever seen in a professionally made work of fiction, and as a life long Doctor Who fan, I am astonished by how bloody terrible the show is because of her.

I can only hope she never, ever appears again.

Christmas special looks good though.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I like that Clara and Me have the possibility of showing up again, but if they appear at all in the next series, they've fucked it.

liquidtmd

Banned
A frustrating episode coming off last weeks.

He was kept in the confession dial for four billion years to find out what he knew about the hybrid.

The idea of what the hybrid actually was seemed a bit of a crappy payoff to that, and quite confused in what we were supposed to make of it

New sonic for the collection :)

Can I have the adventures of Clara and Me please.

Just 2 specials a year based on them 2 doing space stuff.

Clegg

I suppose that leaves the door open for the return of Clara. Strange series overall. Feels like they decided to finish off Clara's character arc from series 8, but they only got around to it on the last few episodes of S9. Or at the very least they didn't push the angle anywhere near as hard as they did last series. The hybrid thing was a bit disappointing too. If it was built up alongside the Clara becoming the Doctor plot then it would've been more impacting. Everything was just too disjointed.

xandaca

Think I'd rather watch Clara & Me's Bisexual Adventures Through Time And Space than The Husbands Of River Song. In fact, I'd rather watch Clara & Me's Bisexual Adventures Through Time And Space than just about anything.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I liked that

did they announce a spinoff there? Time is fucked but Clara decides to piss about rather than fix it immediately.

JoeM86

RIP Jack Harkness

Well we've known that for a while...
gridlock2.jpg

If nothing else, the cinematography was gorgeous.

Galifrey looked fantastic.

A bit disappointing otherwise. Despite my reservations about Clara, I thought her death was pretty well done. Of course they had to fiddle with it.

I really liked the first half though and Heaven Bent is definitely my favourite episode of the series.

I'd be shocked if Clara didn't show up in S10 at all.

Also loved that Series 7 "Run You Clever Boy" callback.

That Sonic is sexy as hell.

Really sad we have to go through next year without Who. :(

Joqu

Was all right. Good episode but can't say I needed it, Clara got her send off in Face the Raven already while the Doctor got his reconcilement in Heaven Sent. The Rassilon stuff would have worked better for me if it was Timothy Dalton still.

Think I'd rather watch Clara & Me's Bisexual Adventures Through Time And Space than The Husbands Of River Song. In fact, I'd rather watch Clara & Me's Bisexual Adventures Through Time And Space than just about anything.
It's bad that's the first place my mind went isn't it? That damn sweater again man.

Also interesting to note that the concept behind Amy and Clara's exits are essentially the same.

But fuck no "This is Galifrey". ;(

tomtom94

That was a very good finale for Clara and Ashildr attached to a not very well-written series finale. I lost count of how many things got introduced and then dropped for no reason.

It doesn't help that you got to play the Steven Moffat drinking game...

The twist on the Doctor/Donna relationship I think just barely saves it from being called out as a retread. I was happy with Clara's exit even though I can tell that it was imported from another episode (making this script a hybrid, fittingly enough), and it's nice for it to come full circle without being quite as melodramatic as some COUGH ROSE COUGH.

I'll post my thoughts on the series as a whole later.

But.... Until she dies, Time should be fucked?

I get what your saying, but surely regardless of her still going to die, until she does, time should be buggered.

No, it shouldn't be fucked. She could spend a couple million years travelling before she returns to that moment and time would be fine BECAUSE she returns to that moment.

MrHoot

Found it to be hot garbage myself.

What was the whole point of all this ? I get the bit of meta commentary but really, this as a season final ? Also proves that indeed, Moffat just cannot go through with anything. No weight to anything, no conclusion, just a bunch of babble and backpeddling and just stuff that's there to be cool or the equivalent of waving a flashy light.

Especially after last week's episode which was one of the best, what the fuck was that about ? Why can't we go a bit forward is this freaking series ?

iFirez

I like the design of the new Sonic a lot actually:

I know 9-10 shared a design then 11 got his own which 12 used too, but I'm glad 12 has got his own now. The silver, gold and blue just works, I love it.

Best things about this finale were Capaldi, the default Tardis set and the diner... Enjoyable finale overall.

Was all right. Good episode but can't say I needed it, Clara got her send off in Face the Raven already while the Doctor got his reconcilement in Heaven Sent. The Rassilon stuff would have worked better for me if it was Timothy Dalton still.

Dalton wouldn't have gone quietly

Hell, rassilon shouldn't have gone quietly. He was going to destroy all of creation last time we saw him.

Found it to be hot garbage myself.

What was the whole point of all this ? I get the bit of meta commentary but really, this as a season final ? Also proves that indeed, Moffat just cannot go through with anything. No weight to anything, no conclusion, just a bunch of babble and backpeddling and just stuff that's there to be cool or the equivalent of waving a flashy light.

Especially after last week's episode which was one of the best, what the fuck was that about ? Why can't we go a bit forward is this freaking series ?

The entire point was that the Doctor was struggling to let go to the point that he was willing to see the entire universe burn to bring back someone he lost. We simply couldn't have that so his memories erasing was the only way to deal with that.

It's pretty straight forward with a clear cut conclusion to the story and new beginnings for the Doctor, OSwin and WindowsME.

Joqu

Dalton wouldn't have gone quietly

Hell, rassilon shouldn't have gone quietly. He was going to destroy all of creation last time we saw him.

Sure, there's that too. But I felt like the few scenes were Rassilon was supposed to be intimidating didn't work either. :S

tomtom94

Sure, there's that too. But I felt like the few scenes were Rassilon was supposed to be intimidating didn't work either. :S

Rassilon's presence (or lack, I should say) in this was just baffling. Felt like a post-script to The End of Time that no-one asked for, or a leftover from an expanded / two-part script.

Top Bottom