• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 9 |OT| Let Zygons Be Zygons

Boem

As of this post (according to my tv guide app) it starts in 5 hours and 19 minutes.

Edit: That's BBC1, where I watch it. Don't know about BBC America.

TheJoRu

It is soon upon us.

t1442688000z0.png

(Starting time is 7:40 PM in the UK, but couldn't find any option for GMT+1 for the timer)

Are we allowed to openly discuss after it airs, or do we have to wait for Americans to catch up?

What usually happens is we discuss it, some people will come in late to the thread and moan, we'll then argue "well it happens with all TV show threads like this", they'll get huffy but we go on discussing it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Are we allowed to openly discuss after it airs, or do we have to wait for Americans to catch up?

Think it's the same as it's always been. You can discuss openly during the UK broadcast. If you have to wait for the US broadcast, clear out of the thread for a few hours.

VegiHam

You can openly discuss it.

What usually happens is we discuss it, some people will come in late to the thread and moan, we'll then argue "well it happens with all TV show threads like this", they'll get huffy but we go on discussing it.

Think it's the same as it's always been. You can discuss openly during the UK broadcast. If you have to wait for the US broadcast, clear out of the thread for a few hours.

Awesome, thanks guys. I was expecting to be mad about having to use Spoilers when Americans don't for their stuff, but it seems the rules are fair. Fiveish more hours to go!

Boem

Capaldi & Tegan needs to happen.

Or Capaldi & K9. The best thing about K9 was that Tom Baker found it easier to talk to a robot dog and took him more serious than his (almost always) human companions. That fits Capaldi's take on the character.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Capaldi & Tegan needs to happen.

Or Capaldi & K9. The best thing about K9 was that Tom Baker found it easier to talk to a robot dog and took him more serious than his (almost always) human companions. That fits Capaldi's take on the character.

I am always in favour of K9, although I fear we may not see him again now that Sarah Jane is gone :(

Thinking about the intermittent phase between companions, I'd love to see Perkins return for a few episodes with Capaldi.

Boem

I am always in favour of K9, although I fear we may not see him again now that Sarah Jane is gone :(

Yeah, probably not for the foreseeable future. There are multiple K9's in the world of Doctor Who (he frequently gave some along to departing companions and built/got a new one), but I think, for the sake of the kids who mostly know him from the Sarah Jane Adventures, they're probably better off leaving him be for the time being. He's seen as a Sarah Jane thing now (which is funny because he was introduced in the show way after Sarah Jane originally left).

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Started watching Doctor Who this Summer for a girl. I finally got caught up this week. Saw Dark Water/Death in Heaven Tuesday night in the theater and watched Last Christmas this morning at 5 AM.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Did you get the girl?

I think I'm stuck pretty squarely in the friend zone. But considering our age difference that is probably how it should be. I'm turning 34 tomorrow and she is 19.

That is who I went to see DW/DIH heaven with though.

Quick

Banned
I think I'm stuck pretty squarely in the friend zone. But considering our age difference that is probably how it should be. I'm turning 34 tomorrow and she is 19.

That is who I went to see DW/DIH heaven with though.

giphy.gif

It's okay, dude. We've all been to the friend zone. You're in a safe place now.

I really would've loved to see Dark Water and Death in Heaven in theatres, but I just couldn't get it to work with my schedule. And funny enough, I had two-for-one tickets for it too.

Shiggy

Is posting BBC streams legal here? Streaming is legal in most European countries and avoiding geoblocking is anyway.

Switched on a stream without a VPN now. Hope it works for Dr Who too.

VegiHam

I normally like pointless, but the celebrity version puts too much emphasis on the contestants and I have no idea who they are.

Shiggy

Why weren't those dudes allowed to keep the money? I was quite surprised by how low the jackpot was but now they even need to give it to charity?

Edit: Oh, they are celebrities?

Waaarning America we're discussing at UK pace and there's big spoilers in the first few minutes

I didn't expect them to go in so quick with it!

Top Bottom