• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

does anyone have this dvd set? (world at war)

Status
Not open for further replies.

7imz

B00005NOOH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

how good is it? is it worth 95.98 canadian (72.6087 usd)?

calder

I think Koopa has it. Or maybe Bookerman.

And hey, where did you get that avatar? Is that whatshisname's intro from Spider-Man2? If so, you know where I can find the one that shows Peter walking away from MJ?

Tabris

Actually I would like to know that answer too.

Does it show maps of what's going on, what units are moving where and such as it continues the documentary? Cause I like that visual when understanding what's going on.

AeroGod

I have it but I havnt watched it yet. Even still, it looks impressive among my DVD collection. Sooner or later im going to have to set aside a day to watch a bunch of it and really get absorbed into it.

7imz

AeroGod said:
I have it but I havnt watched it yet. Even still, it looks impressive among my DVD collection. Sooner or later im going to have to set aside a day to watch a bunch of it and really get absorbed into it.

watch it damn it... tonight... and report tomorrow :)

Fowler

We used to watch these in history lessons -- really, REALLY good, but really old. You have maps and stuff but it's basic 1960s/70s graphics. Great footage and narration though.

I have it. It's great. Buy it.

It was made in the early seventies, I believe, and does have a bit of a dated feel to it. But its strength is that there are in-depth interviews with soldiers, survivors, Nazis, hell, they even interview Hitler's secretary. Of course, there is a wealth of wartime footage (including a surprising amount in color) and the narration is by Sir Laurence Olivier, who lends appropriate gravity to the proceedings.

I don't remember it as being particularly strong in the battlefield map department, but if you are looking for a definitive, comprehensive, and moving history of World War II, this is the set to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom