• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dokuro |OT| Friendzoned even after death

installed.

8095259412_4cc0c84b59_b.jpg

Noi

"For the Wario64's of the world, this game does include a platinum trophy."

brb getting a PSN card

Roubjon

Fuck my shitty university internet; I'll be able to play this in 30 minutes. Oh well, gives me an excuse to study...

B.O.O.M

Lovely looking OP. Good job Takao

I will be keeping my eye on this game. Looking forward to hearing more user impressions

Noi

Other Vita games have me so used to touch the screen that the first thing I did in the main menu and options was try to tap the options.
KuGsj.gif

Noi

Yikes, the first boss is rough! Also, you can set the button to transform between normal and hero modes to R button on options after you've gotten your first potion. It's grey'd out at the beginning.

Edit: And that's 10 levels down. I can see this getting addicting.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Yikes, the first boss is rough! Also, you can set the button to transform between normal and hero modes to R button on options after you've gotten your first potion. It's grey'd out at the beginning.

Edit: And that's 10 levels down. I can see this getting addicting.

Let me know how you passed 2-5. Thus far if I am not accidentally killing the princess she's intentionally killing me.

graywolf323

the game looks really tempting just not sure if it's something I need to grab day 1 or can wait until say Christmas for

Toki767

the game looks really tempting just not sure if it's something I need to grab day 1 or can wait until say Christmas for

If you aren't planning to do the spend $100, get $20 back promotion or if you have enough for it, it's easy to wait. I don't see this game going on sale or anything anytime soon though so it's either spend $20 now or spend $20 later.

Noi

Let me know how you passed 2-5. Thus far if I am not accidentally killing the princess she's intentionally killing me.

If you stilll need the advice... man, that was a killer.

2-5 Strat:
As you get to the puzzle area, quickly jump up onto the weighted balance and push the right box so that the princess can't move on. Once done, pull the box from the right so that you move it to the part of the floor that isn't part of the balance, but not quite off the whole thing. Move the left box so that it takes the place of the right box on the weight. If the princess gets by on accident, just Hero mode her over to the left again, which gives you enough time to go up and push the left box in place.

Once done, push the right box off the edge and next to the flamethrowers. Let the princess move over there. Now the tricky part: You have to push the box so that it falls onto the switch and the princess can get on top of it, move to the other side and pull it away, then cross over and push it the rest of the way so that the princess can get through, though also quick enough so you can get your bony self out of the fire pit as well.

I only just barely managed that last part without getting torched... and still 5 more levels before the floor's done. X_X

Takao

Banned
Dokuro in Canada:

you're not going to like the news I have, but it appears this title was only slated for US release only. I'm checking to see if it's slated for release later on in other NA areas, but for now, it's US only.

Working with the teams now to update the blog posts with this messaging, but I'm knocking some heads together now for us not being more clear upfront about this. My apologies on behalf of the team.

However, Gungho said they wanted it released in Canada:

We are looking into this matter as we speak! We certainly plan for the game to be available in Canada. We will keep you posted as this develops!!!!

We definitely planned to release this in Canada - we are looking into this, and hope to have the matter solved ASAP.

Don't worry takao, the game sucks anyway

It's great, really hard too.

Presentation wise it doesn't feel like a $20 game but it seems to have a lot of content. I would have gladly pay $30 to import it.

Roubjon

I got to world 3 and stopped. I really like it and it's nice to have a simple yet well made game that I can easily drop in and out of. It's charming as well, which is always a plus.

Spinoff90

Purchased a $50 card for this and JSR last week...... being in Canada sure has turned that into a bright move with the JSR delay and Dokuro mess. Now I don't know if I should get some games like Unfinished Swan instead or see if Dokuro does show up in Canada still.

This game is awesome although at times it does feel a little inconsistent with it's difficultly, Level 4 was WAY WAY harder than levels 5 and 6.
Also, just wait until you get to the Level 9 your mind is explode.

Noi

Just hit stage 04. Stage 03 was waaaaay easier than 02, though figuring out that
you can still double jump when you simply fall out a ledge
was pretty clever to felt a few coins. Got all 30 of 'em so far.

Ken

Oh, the Japanese versions had English as an option? I should have just picked it up in stores back in July. ;_;

Sintoid

How about the size of the game? How many MB is the download?

I'm unsure if buying it DD or buy import retail version :(

anddo0

I want to purchase this game. But you guys are scaring me with the difficulty talk. I hate starting puzzle heavy games that I can't finish.

This game is awesome although at times it does feel a little inconsistent with it's difficultly, Level 4 was WAY WAY harder than levels 5 and 6.
Also, just wait until you get to the Level 9 your mind is explode.

I agree. There were a couple of stages in level 4 especially (blasted level 4-6!) that took me ages to figure out, after that I managed to sail through levels 5 and 6 with no problem what so ever. The game just seems weird like that, you'll be doing great and then one stage will suddenly ramp up the difficulty.

I really like a couple of the graphical touches on this game, especially the backgrounds when you transform into the prince and have them become more colourful and animated.

mauaus

how the hell do i get the coin in 1-10 boss fight??

edit: nevermind, wasnt jumping haaard enoooouughh

loving this game :D

Ughhh I'm starting to get buyer's remorse with RCR... starting to think I should've waited for this :( I'm just going to have to wait a bit longer for this, tight budget and stuff.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I want to purchase this game. But you guys are scaring me with the difficulty talk. I hate starting puzzle heavy games that I can't finish.

There is a feature that allows you to skip up to 10 stages in your playthrough. So if anything is too hard for you, just skip it!

You can come back and complete those stages later, so it's a good tool to avoid frustration, and continue on with the adventure!

Koroviev

I think I'm going to wait a bit. Lots of people are going to be LTTP with these delays :(

I don't get why they would make Canada wait for a release. This the first time this happened to my knowledge.

Did they forget some paperwork or something? Or is it the french bilingualism?

I don't get why they would make Canada wait for a release. This the first time this happened to my knowledge.

and they got all the languages already in place. unsure why they waiting.

Takao

Banned

I'd like to think it was just a mistake on Gungho's part as this is their first video game release in the west. I don't want to think SCEA dun goofed.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'd like to think it was just a mistake on Gungho's part as this is their first video game release in the west. I don't want to think SCEA dun goofed.

I remember it being mentioned that SCE had a wider variety of region-submissions than 360, and each one has a seperate cost, rather than submitting it all "to the world" for certification at once.

So, maybe the cost of a re-cert is holding it up, after some location-sensative error/concern was discovered?

Either way, I'm impressed they cleared it up, at least this much... seen enough times recently when stupid mysteries like that persist for a week or longer, with no answers...

Top Bottom