• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze |OT| There's always money in the banana stand

Fuck it, cancelled my Amazon preorder. Don't think I would receive it on time. Guess I'll try Walmart at midnight lol. Too bad my Gamestop didn't get enough orders to do a midnght release themselves.

Speaking of Walmart, anyone have any issue with picking up a game like DKC at midnight? I don't even know if they'd have them out, since it's a much smaller release.

Exile20

MP45d1t.png

Unlocked my first artwork last night (I suck at finding puzzle pieces). It was W1-1's and it's quite cute.
I wonder if there's any artwork of cut content like Returns had. Was neat having a tiny look into Retro's original plans for underwater levels or what the Golden Temple's other levels were going to be.

I wonder if there's any artwork of cut content like Returns had. Was neat having a tiny look into Retro's original plans for underwater levels or what the Golden Temple's other levels were going to be.

I hope so, and I look forward to it being posted online, since I'm unlikely to unlock all of it myself :p

SPOILER warning!
Here's a browser shot I took of the W1-1 art, if anyone would like to see it. (Spoiler: It's adorable): https://copy.com/YdDll8Z6pWy0

(Do not click this link if you do not want to see the unlockable art before discovering it for yourself.)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
DKCTF currently at the top selling list of amazon france, spain, germany, italy. UK is 11 :/

but still, maybe its' good news! maybe

chadboban

I hope so, and I look forward to it being posted online, since I'm unlikely to unlock all of it myself :p

SPOILER warning!
Here's a browser shot I took of the W1-1 art, if anyone would like to see it. (Spoiler: It's adorable): https://copy.com/YdDll8Z6pWy0

(Do not click this link if you do not want to see the unlockable art before discovering it for yourself.)

Me upon clicking link: "Oh c'mon it can't possibly be that ador... *picture loads up* "DAAAAAAAAWWW!"

Screw Nocturunowl.

Must've felt salty about not getting that Nintendo of Europe release date headstart.
Well on the upside we're now on equal release footing and can share in the release hype period, unless Shopto can work their wicked delivery magic of course.

the church of SmokyDave is gripping the nation, man, but we will fight until the last banana

Vita hasn't gained ground here so it can't be Dave's doing, I'm just going to blame FIFA like I always do.

Guys the game looks SO amazing. Like all the people that were trying to down the game saying it wasnt on the level of Trine 2 and such.... HOGWASH! the vistas in the background it looks like a sidescrolling game set in the lion king world. The game backgrounds you just want to stare.

Can't wait.

dwuuuu

Banned
Guys the game looks SO amazing. Like all the people that were trying to down the game saying it wasnt on the level of Trine 2 and such.... HOGWASH! the vistas in the background it looks like a sidescrolling game set in the lion king world. The game backgrounds you just want to stare.

but it's not 1080 p !

Some vistas are more amazing than others, to be fair. One or two have been kind of plain.

Richie

Is street date not on this? How did you guys get it so early!

Jealous.

While that happens, there's a department store in my city that always breaks street dates for first party Nintendo titles (1 day earlier for Kid Icarus, 2 days for The Wonderful 101, etc). Seems Nintendo pulled their ear, because I called and a fellow told me they haven't gotten it, and even if they had, that they didn't have permission to sell the game until February 28.

Will still call again tomorrow to see if a different employee responds the call. Fucking hype.

javac

Amazon. Please dispatch my copy right now! It releases on Friday for pete's sake! What are you doing. Wake up Mr.Amazon. Please give me my game. Please. D:

daydream

Banned
I got lucky, my friends.

Local game story received two copies, one was a preorder, the other one was on the shelve. Didn't expect to find it, honestly. One guy even called in to ask if they had a copy while I was in the store, haha. Sorry, buddy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
*screams*
*knocks monitor off desk*

69wpm

I got lucky, my friends.

Local game story received two copies, one was a preorder, the other one was on the shelve. Didn't expect to find it, honestly. One guy even called in to ask if they had a copy while I was in the store, haha. Sorry, buddy.

Oh God, the damn USK logo is so fugly and even covering up the freaking game title.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
My old and entrusted online retailer seems to be failing me for once

Game hasn't fucking shipped yet, rawr

daydream

Banned
Oh God, the damn USK logo is so fugly and even covering up the freaking game title.

Eh, you get used to it. USK sucks, we can agree on that.

So I started playing and I have to say, the soundtrack gives me an instant eargasm. So good. VGM-Gaf will be pleased.

Top Bottom