• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze |OT| There's always money in the banana stand

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
mods: please ban the quoted user for not posting this in my review thread

joke :p welcome back, trooper!

Lol, thanx mate...

To be honest, I just posted on the first DK thread that I saw.

If you feel like to, please add it on your post..The site is amongst the top 2 in the Greek related scene.:)

edit:If you like eventually to add it, this is my closing line in a free translation..

"..similar to Metroid, Retro Studios has made their name almost synonym with Donkey Kong. I still think that they have to move onto something new, but in a way of mixed blessing, if a new Donkey Kong game is to be made, I would like it to be developed only by Retro Studios...

daydream

Banned
Welp, I got my first ban here thanx to Donkey Kong, so it is rather obligatory for me to dedicate my first post-ban post :) to him...
It is actually my review for his game...A solid 9!!

http://www.enternity.gr/Article/Games/Reviews/Donkey-Kong-Country-Tropical-Freeze/21919.html

Please enjoy it, if you know to read Greek...:)

My Greek is not perfect, but in the last paragraph you mention Other M as sort of ambivalent part of Retro's track record (if I understood you correctly) - however, Other M was not by Retro. Good review, though. :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, thanx mate...

To be honest, I just posted on the first DK thread that I saw.

If you feel like to, please add it on your post..The site is amongst the top 2 in the Greek related scene.:)

edit:If you like eventually to add it, this is my closing line in a free translation..

"..similar to Metroid, Retro Studios has made their name almost synonym with Donkey Kong. I still think that they have to move onto something new, but in a way of mixed blessing, if a new Donkey Kong game is to be made, I would like it to be developed only by Retro Studios...

Sure, why not! :) It's probably one of the first greek reviews I've ever seen in a review thread.

Making history, buddy!

EDIT: STATUS: SHIPPED - maybe there's a chance I'll be playing this week-end after all! :D

Bought a Wii U.... again! Smh

I purchased and sold the Wii U on two separate occasions since it's launch. I think this time may be final. Quietly approaching their second wave of HD exclusives, Nintendo is putting out some really great games. Despite my reservations about price and online infrastructure, I feel now is the perfect time to own a Wii U.

Got DK Tropical Freeze + Mario 3D World + Batman Arkham City to go along with my Infamous Second Son pre-order. I think I am set for the spring.

PS4 + Wii U is really the way to go this gen. Hard to sit back and let these Nintendo exclusives go on by.

Zing

Banned
I usually buy in-store on release day, but this time I was essentially forced to order from Amazon. Canadian retailers have decided video games suddenly need to be $5-10 more expensive. Amazon held the original MSRP initially, so I pre-ordered. If my order doesn't arrive on friday, I'll just buy a local copy, then return my sealed Amazon copy to the local store later.

02./00. [WIU] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.02.13} (¥5.985) - 35.717 / NEW

ibd7LSkNDZMh25.gif

ramparter

Banned
My Greek is not perfect, but in the last paragraph you mention Other M as sort of ambivalent part of Retro's track record (if I understood you correctly) - however, Other M was not by Retro. Good review, though. :)

I think he mentioned the Other M to make his point that he wouldn't want another studio to mess with the franchise.

Deku Tree

Bought a Wii U.... again! Smh

I purchased and sold the Wii U on two separate occasions since it's launch. I think this time may be final. Quietly approaching their second wave of HD exclusives, Nintendo is putting out some really great games. Despite my reservations about price and online infrastructure, I feel now is the perfect time to own a Wii U.

Got DK Tropical Freeze + Mario 3D World + Batman Arkham City to go along with my Infamous Second Son pre-order. I think I am set for the spring.

PS4 + Wii U is really the way to go this gen. Hard to sit back and let these Nintendo exclusives go on by.

That's gotta cost you some cash each time you buy and sell.

matthwq

Banned
The dancing giraffes or whatever level looks incredible. Reminds me of LBP's more fun stages, but with actual platforming and (I'm assuming) great controls. So excited for this.

Futureman

I had a Wii U and sold it due to lack of funds :( Of course I want to play them :)

3D World and the NSBM on 3DS are the only Mario games I haven't beat.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
02./00. [WIU] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.02.13} (¥5.985) - 35.717 / NEW

ibd7LSkNDZMh25.gif

I see that 35k number, and all I can think of is 35k japanese lucky bastards who get to play this game before me >:-|

I guess I have a talent for finding an alternative negative in the negative

I think he mentioned the Other M to make his point that he wouldn't want another studio to mess with the franchise.

Ramp got it right...after all it is his mother tongue.

I was saying that since Other M left many with a sour taste, after Retro's departure from the series, I was feeling that many, including me, will have the same feeling for Donkey Kong..
Thank everybody for your kind words!

-Setsuna-

Disheartening. It really seems like the Wii U is just a NSMBU machine at this point. Every other game fails or bombs miserably...

I can't believe it, but the game is in my hands right now! Tonight I'll play and listen the shit out of this. Thank God, my media blackout was in danger...

Any word on whether the loading times are different between the digital version and retail???

From what I have seen(besides loading the very first level), they seem fine but just curious.

JoeM86

Really hope my copy arrives in the post tomorrow.

I originally wasn't fussed about the game. I was going to get it, but wasn't specifically looking forward to it, but seeing a couple of level designs in the past couple of weeks, plus the music extracts. I am looking forward to it :D

Top Bottom