• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze |OT| There's always money in the banana stand

Deku Tree

I spent a week or two before christmas watching ebay like a hawk for a Cheap Wii U, expecting so many parents to be selling the one they bought last year for a PS4/X1, and especially watching for the ones that priced it like it was a regular Wii.

Now I have a Wii U Deluxe and I paid $120 shipped for it.

Did it come with any eShop games and an NNID?

eXistor

I'm up to world 2 now and one thing that I just can't remember DKCR having is a much better feeling of physicality. There's so many little details in the world that signify weight and such, the world just generally feels much more vibrant and alive. I've not played too many levels yet, but the variety within each one is quite nice and it's actually leaving a much better first impression than DKCR did (which I think is a wonderful game).

Well, back to it!

Deku Tree

I'm up to world 2 now and one thing that I just can't remember DKCR having is a much better feeling of physicality. There's so many little details in the world that signify weight and such, the world just generally feels much more vibrant and alive. I've not played too many levels yet, but the variety within each one is quite nice and it's actually leaving a much better first impression than DKCR did (which I think is a wonderful game).

Well, back to it!

You make the wait even harder... One... More... Day...

You make the wait even harder... One... More... Day...

I know I told you yesterday not to be jealous of the few people that posted about getting the game early, but now that boatloads of people seem to have it already i am burning with a jealous rage lol :p. Today is going to be absolutely brutal, but as you say, just one more day!

You shouldn't give up the search.

210$ seems to be a price you should be able to score again, considering in Germany the premium version with WWHD was sold for 200€ a few days ago...

I've searched for ages! If any of you guys in here find a PAL Basic Wii U for around $200 Australain dollars that ships to Australia please do shoot me a PM.
uUkMyFD.gif

javac

I've searched for ages! If any of you guys in here find a PAL Basic Wii U for around $200 Australain dollars that ships to Australia please do shoot me a PM.
uUkMyFD.gif

You see that's your problem. You live in Australia. Beautiful country and all that but it's all about the UK with those bomba Wii U deals. That and the British Bulldog.

Well, back to it!

Just finished the first world and would have to agree, this game really does push the idea of donkey kong having a heavy weight to him.
so far, so good. Soundtrack is great and visuals are amazing, i know most of gaf was saying how this games graphics are rubbish but they look fine to me.
And best of all, for the first time on wiiu, a main nintendo franchise without a time limit!
i'm going to get heckled for saying this but time restraints ruined nsmbu, pikmin3 and mario 3dworld for my little sister. she can finally take her time without worrying about the clock.

Peff

Woah, 2-K is INTENSE. I was on the edge of my seat at the final sequence, haha. A couple of nasty puzzle pieces too!

Kouriozan

I fell in love with this game, it's just epic.
And yes, it's difficult and I LIKE IT!
Died 2 times in normal level, about 15 in the K one and 3 at the boss.
I'm just starting World 2 and feel like it is almost a perfect 2D platformer.

Special mention to the godly level design and of course David Wise, Retro Studio are genius.

ChuckNyce

I know DK isn't getting a "midnight release" in the traditional sense, but I should be able to hit up Walmart at 12:01 tonight and pick up a copy right?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Did not arrive early so gonna have to wait until monday, god damn it!!!

Have fun meanwhile you lucky fucks

I know DK isn't getting a "midnight release" in the traditional sense, but I should be able to hit up Walmart at 12:01 tonight and pick up a copy right?

If they have it stocked, they will sell it to you. But Wii U games are not a priority for stocking or putting on shelves so I would not bet on it.

With the Wii I never had any problem getting games at midnight at Walmart. However, when I went to get Pikmin 3 they had it "locked" in a crate in the back and the person that had the key would not be there until the morning. I was pissed.

Robin64

Only another hour at work, then I find out if my ShopTo order for this arrived or not.

If not, it's not so bad, Weapon Shop de Omasse is out today.

If so, FUCK YEAH!!

Oswen

Got it today, loving it so far.
Level design and music are pretty amazing, the snowmads are charming and have the right DKC-enemy feel, boss fights are wonderful aswell.

Can't really complain.

Conezays

Bah, I cancelled my Amazon.ca order knowing I'd want to either download this tonight or pick it up in store tomorrow. Can't wait to play through co op with friend! Though, like the original, it sounds like he'll be useless as a partner again, lol (unless you're a decent player).

Of course Nintendo would have an eShop credit sale at Best Buy starting on Sunday with this game releasing the Friday before. How Nintendo of them.

btrboyev

I just read the associated press review on this game. What a joke of a review. Bashed the game as being boring and then praised Donkey King 64.

Top Bottom