• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze |OT| There's always money in the banana stand

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
We should really keep review meltdowns/trolling out of this thread. Keep it to the review thread when the embargo lifts

gdt

That's it, gotta buy a Wii U now. I'm very serious. Next bundle or deal and I'm on it. I'll get this, SM3DW, 101, and WW. Based Retro.

A capsule toy costs five coins. Banana juice makes you temporarily invincible on your first hit.

Other than that, great OP. Great game.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Title of the thread combines two of my favourite things ever so I'm pretty happy.

jts

...hate me...
Retail unless you have a HDD. This beast is over 11GB
I was recently forced into getting an HDD (32GB got full fast) and thus I have plenty of room for that.

I guess I'm probably going digital unless I see a retailer breaking the street date.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Banana_82737b_120060.gif

great OP, had never seen some of these screens. cant friggin wait

Awesome! Let's get this party STARTED.

I probably won't be able to play it on release day because a film festival I've been co-chairing premieres on the 21st.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, what a terrible opinion, terribly written. "I had a lot of fun playing the game but RAAAAGGGGHHH PRIME GAMECHANGER fart". Can't believe he was chosen to review the game.

I just read it ... He's basically saying "this game is fun but y'know damn that Retro Studios, they should make a different game instead.".

That's a terrible way to approach a preview, I certainly hope he doesn't use that angle for the review (if he ends up reviewing it). If I had no idea about the game and I read his preview, it wouldn't help me understand whether or not I'd like it. He only talked about the game in two paragraphs and both were just about playing as Cranky Kong. Just based off of that, you'd think that's the only new addition when it's obviously not. The rest of it is just him whining about how Retro can do better. The line about it being fun but "Retro is better than just fun" is ridiculous lol.

It's unfortunate if he reviews it because like I said, that's a terrible way to approach it and completely unfair.

Awesome OT, preorder is payed for and can't wait to start raging again. Last game was hard but I will make it through this one as well. That music...

That's a great OT title. I liked Returns but this is going to be a more memorable experience thanks to Mr. Wise. I'll buy it as soon as it's available on the eshop.

69wpm

So any other leaked scores? I've got:

Edge 7/10
Gamespot 5/10

I only buy games based on review scores.

I only buy games that have highly cinematic cutscenes and 3 minute long trailers that spoil the whole game.

Seriously, I can't wait for people to go bananas on Gamespot. On the other hand, I hope most people don't take that number too serious. This game is awesome and should be enjoyed by everyone.

Hermii

I just read it ... He's basically saying "this game is fun but y'know damn that Retro Studios, they should make a different game instead.".

That's a terrible way to approach a preview, I certainly hope he doesn't use that angle for the review (if he ends up reviewing it). If I had no idea about the game and I read his preview, it wouldn't help me understand whether or not I'd like it. He only talked about the game in two paragraphs and both were just about playing as Cranky Kong. Just based off of that, you'd think that's the only new addition when it's obviously not. The rest of it is just him whining about how Retro can do better. The line about it being fun but "Retro is better than just fun" is ridiculous lol.

It's unfortunate if he reviews it because like I said, that's a terrible way to approach it and completely unfair.

Thats an awesome post but you shouldn't have written about it in this thread.

On the other hand, I hope most people don't take that number too serious.

I'm sure most people will ignore gamespots 5/10, it's not like their ZombiU 4.5 score affected peoples opinions or anything.
If i remember correctly, people just ignored their ZombiU review score and ended up loving the game, it's not like they all waited until it was on sale to find out that it was underrated.

hwy_61

Banned
Man, why doesn't nintendo ever put out CEs of their games? I would totally shell out some extra money for some stupid foam banana, or something.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Can anyone with the retail version of the game please confirm if the E3 trailer music (remix of Jungle Groove) appears in the game?

Look forward to playing this on Friday!

Kurtofan

So any other leaked scores? I've got:

Edge 7/10
Gamespot 5/10

I only buy games based on review scores.

91 for GI and 35/40 for Famitsu.

I don't think Edge's 7 is bad considering they gave LOS 2 4/10.

Also I second keeping review talk for other threads.

Sadist

After the last batch of screens and the latest trailer, the game looks amazing.

And uh, the review song and dance is already starting I see.

Roll shake and the music were my only real complaints in the original. Considering that those have been fixed and much, much more, I can't see how I can be disappointed. And all this talk about the difficulty is just icing on the
banana

ASIS

Can't wait! Unfortunately I'll have to wait until June to play the shit out of this, but I'm looking forward for the discussions in this thread.

Top Bottom