• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM 1 > DOOM 2

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
What? jDoom supports jumping straight out of a fresh install. Whether or not you want to use it is up to you. It's a bit like cheating since all the levels were designed around the fact that you couldn't jump and you can bypass a few puzzles since you can now leap over objects or through windows. It's there though and they did a damn good job of implementing it.

EDIT: That's strange dark, if it helps at all I have mine mapped to Spacebar. Maybe there's some programming glitch that disallows certain keys to be mapped too? I went ahead and tested it JUST IN CASE and it works for all versions of Doom (however I didn't test Doom regular and shareware). I have Doomsday 1.8.2, the jump feature also worked on the previous version for me.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
TekunoRobby said:
What? jDoom supports jumping straight out of a fresh install. Whether or not you want to use it is up to you. It's a bit like cheating since all the levels were designed around the fact that you couldn't jump and you can bypass a few puzzles since you can now leap over objects or through windows. It's there though and they did a damn good job of implementing it.

I saw the option in the menus, but when I attempted to map the key...it did not actually function in game. :\

Of course, that was a while ago and I have not tried it on the newer builds...

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
dark10x said:
I saw the option in the menus, but when I attempted to map the key...it did not actually function in game. :\

Of course, that was a while ago and I have not tried it on the newer builds...

it works. I was jumping around in jdoom earlier - makes a lot of secrets easier to get to.

Ecrofirt

I'm talking about WSAD + mouse movement.

Maybe I didn't look in the right spot, but I couldn't figure out how to set the controls like a modern FPS.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ecrofirt said:
I'm talking about WSAD + mouse movement.

Maybe I didn't look in the right spot, but I couldn't figure out how to set the controls like a modern FPS.

Yes, we know and that's exactly what we were talking about.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Oh hellz yes, we gots tha WSAD movement all up in the hizzy.

Doom still rules. I play co-op Zdaemon every night. The best time I ever had was playing 16-player coop(!!!!!!!!!!!!) on the Hell Unleashed megawad with unlimited ammo on Ultraviolence. You'd think that would be easy, but the Hell Unleashed designers designed it to be hard WITH 16-player coop. :O Multiple cyberdemons and spider masterminds! Ohhhh shit!

Top Bottom