• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom III is some scary shti

I thought Doom 3's environments were interesting. I'm on the crawlspace level right now. Definitely cool. I also like the big rooms with machinery and rotate platforms and whatnot.

Serious Sam has more different areas but the levels are so flat that it all feels the same.

Ryo

Interesting how a topic can hold a thread that almost don't have anything to do with the topic itself..

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
If you couldn't find something to love about Doom 3 gameplay then I can simply say you are not a true FPS fan.

Doom 3 did some things wrong, however it did plenty of them right.

-=DoAvl=-

Boy, how would you feel if your team spent years and years trying to create something decent and along come some knobs who think they know everything. The video game industry is HARSH! ;p

I think y'all need to try CSE3313: computer graphics. Your appreciation of video game creation will just sky rocket through the ROOF!

G4life98

-=DoAvl=- said:
Boy, how would you feel if your team spent years and years trying to create something decent and along come some knobs who think they know everything. The video game industry is HARSH! ;p

I think y'all need to try CSE3313: computer graphics. Your appreciation of video game creation will just sky rocket through the ROOF!

im sorry but thats just stupid...its like saying you have to take a filmmaking class, before you can say a movie is shit or not.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
i have a friend who's a CS major and has constantly criticized me for reviewing games as a part time job. it comes off as pretty snobbish, considering people criticize all sorts of things every day of their life that they couldn't necessarily do "better." having an appreciation for how hard it is to build a difficult game is one thing, but to have that blind your judgement is a bad idea.

I'm a fuckin' employed software developer, and I still think Doom 3 is a pretty shitty GAME. It's an exceedingly clever tech demo, though.

-=DoAvl=-

ahh... 1994 was the peak of gameplay for video games.. i remember those days. I was only 12. :D

I say bring back rise of the triads, doom3 style. ;p

Um ... veering even further away from whatever it was that started this topic ... but I'm thinking of tracking down a copy of System Shock 2, and was wondering how it stacked up against Alien Resurrection on PS1? 'Cause I found that to be one fucking kickarse horrorshow atmospheric FPS, really really tense and in a lot of ways actually physically traumatising ... I would hate to be stuck on an abandoned spacecraft in the throes of a xenomorph infestation, and AR really underlined that. Most times I wouldn't be able to play for much longer than 30 minutes; the only problem was that as the game got harder I'd have to redo certain sections between save points many times, and end up knowing where all the Aliens were and having quite a cynical approach, which diminished the fear factor considerably ...

Anyway, is SS2 similar? Or in what ways is it different?

Ta!

Gattsu25

Banned
SS2 is different. SS2 is a good game.

Just expect some terribly dated graphics...even if you use the better models mod.

Top Bottom