• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
is amazon pre-order the best bet for lowest price (PC) ? $47

not into the gray market for PC cdkeys

This is sort of OT but I was actually wondering about this when I bought Doom off of CDkeys but is buying games from that website not safe or something? To have it as low as 34.99 seemed pretty shocking to me when it's going for 59.99 on Steam and most other places. Thankfully I had no issues at all

Haha wow, looks like a COD vet playing their first FPS.

So glad I have a PC that can rock this game, console version looks decent but the weapon switching and the thought of playing a fast paced game like this on a stick doesn't sound that fun to me.

It's just fine on a controller. Too bad about your problem though.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So it seems like this might end up being great purely on the quality of its challenge and combat encounters? Game always seemed like it might be a lot of fun in a hardcore speed quake-y sort of way.

Randdalf

Lazy devs that sell broken games that need to be fixed by day one patches. Maybe they should wait until Polygon updates their video. It's their first version of the video after all.

Yes. Day one patches are necessary for online stuff, but the singleplayer campaign should be flawless. Because one day there will be no possibility to download the patch anymore.

Devs are not lazy, please stop spouting this garbage.

Lazy devs that sell broken games that need to be fixed by day one patches. Maybe they should wait until Polygon updates their video. It's their first version of the video after all.

Yes. Day one patches are necessary for online stuff, but the singleplayer campaign should be flawless. Because one day there will be no possibility to download the patch anymore.

Have you even fucking played this game?
This shit is the opposite of lazy.

Good guy Polygon, always looking out for their readers though, right?

Teknoman

If you do go with CDkeys, use DOOM666 to knock a few more bucks off.

I will say, they do seem in a gray area, since when I got my email with the key+dlc key code for steam, it looked like someone just scanned the bottom of a piece of paper...

It worked, but still.

epmode

FlyVPN isn't working for me. I've used it to unlock games in the past too!

Tried with Australia and New Zealand, making sure Steam wasn't running until my VPN connection was ready.

msv

Unpacking. Did not expect this, another 20 minutes await. Good thing I installed it on the SSD, would've taken hours on the HDD, lel.

Ibuki

Banned
If you do go with CDkeys, use DOOM666 to knock a few more bucks off.

I will say, they do seem in a gray area, since when I got my email with the key+dlc key code for steam, it looked like someone just scanned the bottom of a piece of paper...

It worked, but still.

It's because they are scanned from retail copies.

Watching Excessive Profanity's stream. This looks awesome, really impressed from what I've seen so far. I feel like they dropped the ball marketing this game.

I was expecting little and it seems I will be pleasantly surprised.

El_Chino

Anybody getting this?

81UsAEh%2BSKL.jpg

Ibuki

Banned
as in stolen? Seems shady

No, I didn't say they were stolen either. I have bought 5-6 games on release day and never once had a key revoked or any issues.

I remember someone saying they are just bought from lower income countries, that is how they are able to lower prices.

EDIT: Big_Al covered this before me, whoops

N-Forced

Neo Member
I should have gone with Nightmare. Ultra Violence is pretty easy :(

I agree Ultra Violence is pretty easy, but isn't Nightmare locked on your first play though? I know for me it wasn't select-able. If anyone is on the fence about this game I can assure you you will not be disappointed.

Simo

This needs a lot more loving, brilliant! xD

Loving this game, easily the best shooter released this year IMO. So brilliantly designed and is rather addictive too.

OMG. LOL

Some of these easter eggs...damn...Still hope for Club DOOM then! lol

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so my game launches and goes barely 1fps during the logo screens

cant be my computer gtx770 and a core i5 at 3.2ghz and 8gb ram on windows 10.

That CDkeys.com price is pretty good, it makes me just want to buy it now so I can have it ready for when I get my 1080 instead of waiting for a Steam sale down the road.

deoee

I feel ashamed but I'm absolutely at lost on where to go. I've destroyed 2 hives but I cant find neither the blue keycard or the yellow keycard.

I'm at the Stop the Meltdown objective.

I have even found the
classic level secret

How did you find the
classic level? I think I saw it on the automap but could not access it :(

Top Bottom