• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

How did you find the
classic level? I think I saw it on the automap but could not access it :(

There are hidden levers/switches somewhat near the entrances of the classic levels. They're easy to miss, especially when you don't know what to be looking for.

deoee

There are hidden levers/switches somewhat near the entrances of the classic levels. They're easy to miss, especially when you don't know what to be looking for.

Hmm I saw one red "fire" (?) switch near the automapped part but I could not interact with it

Can I get some quick instructions on how to unlock early with a vpn?

Here's a step by step process

1. Restart Steam and PC

2. Connect to your VPN (Using something like Freedome or VyprVPM) and ensure that the Steam Page for DOOM does not have a timer while you are on the browser (BEING NOT LOGGED IN)

3. Remove steam authenticator / phone number Temporarily

4. Change your password (to remove old logins)

5. Exit steam and start your VPN (Australia, Japan, or Hong Kong) and start steam

Updating DOOM is taking almost as long as the initial download. WTF is this nonsense.

image.php

msv

Even on a SSD it takes like 15 minutes.

I have no idea what takes that long but hey :S
Yeah. Took like 30 minutes on mine, only just finished. Think my SSD had to trim in the middle somewhere, freed up a bunch of space just before the download.

Off to Doom I go! Yheeees!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Grrr, I really didn't feel the multiplayer but I want to play the single player, but I can't justify the cost just yet. It'll go on the wishlist and I'll grab it.... one day.

Protein

Banned
Fuck Amazon. The hype was too much. Returned my preorder and bought from GMG with the 25%. omgwtfbbbqpreloading.jpg

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
That CDkeys.com price is pretty good, it makes me just want to buy it now so I can have it ready for when I get my 1080 instead of waiting for a Steam sale down the road.

That's a very good price, I've never used them before, are they reliable? and you get a steam code?

Arkanius

I'm in love with this game.

Other than the story that seems weak as hell, the gameplay is ultra strong. Love love love love love.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Oo this should be a good watch for PC users.

He has said he's 3 driver versions behind BTW, so performance is lower than it would be, but still like 80+ at 1080p for him so whatever. It's actually making me want the game but Dark Souls III, Uncharted 4 and Overwatch have cleaned out the gaming fund for awhile lol. He's very surprised at how fluid and responsive the game feels, it seems really good so far.

Pizza

I'm sort of regretting not getting this for my Xbox One. My Alienware Alpha is just not having it with this game, big slowdowns during the first level and the intro to the second was running at maybe half speed.

I'm rolling back to Windows 8.1 so I can actually access the Nvidia control panel, but does anyone have any suggestions? The game runs like shit even on low settings, but I was COMPLETELY problem free during the beta, the game ran great.

Edit: I did a clean install of my drivers earlier today, just to be safe

Here's a step by step process

1. Restart Steam and PC

2. Connect to your VPN (Using something like Freedome or VyprVPM) and ensure that the Steam Page for DOOM does not have a timer while you are on the browser (BEING NOT LOGGED IN)

3. Remove steam authenticator / phone number Temporarily

4. Change your password (to remove old logins)

5. Exit steam and start your VPN (Australia, Japan, or Hong Kong) and start steam

Thanks! Do I need to put Steam on offline mode after its finished updating/unpacking before playing?

Ibuki

Banned
Thanks! Do I need to put Steam on offline mode after its finished updating/unpacking before playing?

If Steam re-connects at any time after you unlock it, it will automatically become locked again. So launch it once while still connected to the VPN, then use offline mode up until the release in your region.

That's a very good price, I've never used them before, are they reliable? and you get a steam code?

Steam key yes. It was delivered to my email instantly when I ordered. I used PayPal, no idea how safe my credit card info is. I've actually bought something from them before and it was fine then too. The link in the email goes to a scan of a Steam key from a box bought in India or somewhere, who knows. That's how gray-market resellers like CDkeys.com work.

Use code DOOM666 to knock it down from $34.99 to $32.666.

Adnor

Banned
For those who have the game on Steam and want the reversible cover as a image for grid view, just found this:

Top Bottom