• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfaex

Fuck off admin
tears.gif

Also gg no next
tears.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
was that the least impactful sumail storm spirit ever? that was a textbook in how to shut him the fuck down tbh.

kvk1

Forgot it was my turn to cook dinner tonight.

Still wanted to play the 1st of our 2 IHL games.

Said dinner was going to be late.

Played the 1st game.

Started cooking dinner.

Got distracted with the EG/Secret game.

Burnt dinner.

House hates me.

GG.

Haunted

Played the 1st game.

Started cooking dinner.

Burnt dinner.

House hates me.

GG.
#worth

theRizzle

Played the 1st game.

Started cooking dinner.

Burnt dinner.

House hates me.

GG.

>Relax, you're doing fine

Played the 1st game.

Started cooking dinner.

Burnt dinner.

House hates me.

GG.

-45 cooking MMR

G.ZZZ

At all the poeple saying 6.83 laning/early game didn't matter, VG won SL12 with their superior support aggressive rotations, and a majority of games in DAC were still decided by winning lanes (especially mids). Again, VG came second in DAC always on the back of their support duo superiority (Fy was basically winning game solos for them) EG actually lost in winner bracket finals when they picked greedy vs VG (Lycan/Furion and Sylla + SF) and then they crushed VG 3-0 when they went for more aggressive midgame drafts against Dusa/Terrorblade lineups of VG. In last patch you were also rewarded for taking always good engages and not being inordinately chasing for kills because of the higher creeps worth relative to hero kills and the possibility for the enemy team to come back. As of now, the games of this Summit3 have all basically been decided by a single skirmish at 8-12 mins giving 3-4 kills advantage and then 10k+ leads really soon after. The longer games were those ones where said skirmishes ended in reatively even trades, or where the team actually avoided fights until later cause of how on the "razor edge" this patch seems to be, with a game being decided by 1-2 early fights, with all towers down and almost no kills because of how scared teams are to lose teamfights.
The one EG game where they actually came back was a basically a timely autodestruction by secret's draft which had to win incredibly early or be steamrolled by a lancer which they had no answers for. In most other cases, even with Ezalor which is one of the strongest hg defenders, or even Eza + Tinker (EG vs VG g2), teams just get constantly rolled after 1 lost teamfight which completely tips the scales and give absurd golds advantage.
For people to whine for old 3-4k gold swings, which had to fulfill so many conditions to actually happen (a teamwipe by the losing team), and not for the current 3-4k gold swings at 10 mins is honestly perplexing.
Of all the TI, TI4 was considered the worst and mostly because of the finals (average game lenght was still around 40 mins, only slightly lower than TI3), this tournament had a game average lenght way shorter than that. This is like vanilla 6.82 with how absurd the gold swings feel. It's not even a matter of letting the patch getting figured out, you shouldn't see consistently 10k+ advantages at 15 mins every game, it just the game's way too volatile to be actually an accurate reflection of skill. This increase in kill bounties /decrease in creeps gold need to be seriously re-evaluated because all i'm seeing is games being way too volatile which in turn is just removing a huge pool of heroes from the game because you need to be able to fight early on.

Also TI3 was best TI and [A] way of playing was the most revolutionary thing this game has ever seen, give me rat every day of the week, the tension was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom