• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinypogs

Does anyone know if the stuff that drops from the treasure of the crucible jewel 2 can be gifted? I finally unlocked one of my prediction charms and I don"t even like anything that can drop from the treasure. I'd probably just give the resulting item away to a Gaf member if it can be gifted, unless it's the hideous TA set in which case it's getting recycled.

pompidu

Yea it seems like any hero that requires farm or jungle is almost useless this patch. Picking them to be forced into early fights at tower pushes will just end up in deaths. It's rare you have time on hero's especially like doom or void.

I've yet to really see a team counter deathball this patch. Even before you could delay and counter it. Has that just not been figured out yet? I actually like push strategies but it seems extreme at the moment.

Your never gonna see Doom in a tourney game again. Or if he is drafted, his team will most certainly lose. Garbage hero.

shira

throwgame.gif

is that supposed to be iwata?
Iwata-DIrect-To-You-Gif.gif

Making aghs necessary to shut down passives killed him.
He was still picked after that, just not disgusting first pick/ban material. Right now he'll never get the time to get online, so teams don't pick him, but Doom will come back sooner or later.

I remember this same discussion somewhere between TI3 and TI4 before he became popular, but Doom can still do something no other hero can. He just deletes a hero from the game whenever he wants, 2 heroes if the game goes late, he will never be completely irrelevant.

DrPizza

Banned
At all the poeple saying 6.83 laning/early game didn't matter, VG won SL12 with their superior support aggressive rotations, and a majority of games in DAC were still decided by winning lanes (especially mids). Again, VG came second in DAC always on the back of their support duo superiority (Fy was basically winning game solos for them) EG actually lost in winner bracket finals when they picked greedy vs VG (Lycan/Furion and Sylla + SF) and then they crushed VG 3-0 when they went for more aggressive midgame drafts against Dusa/Terrorblade lineups of VG. In last patch you were also rewarded for taking always good engages and not being inordinately chasing for kills because of the higher creeps worth relative to hero kills and the possibility for the enemy team to come back. As of now, the games of this Summit3 have all basically been decided by a single skirmish at 8-12 mins giving 3-4 kills advantage and then 10k+ leads really soon after. The longer games were those ones where said skirmishes ended in reatively even trades, or where the team actually avoided fights until later cause of how on the "razor edge" this patch seems to be, with a game being decided by 1-2 early fights, with all towers down and almost no kills because of how scared teams are to lose teamfights.
The one EG game where they actually came back was a basically a timely autodestruction by secret's draft which had to win incredibly early or be steamrolled by a lancer which they had no answers for. In most other cases, even with Ezalor which is one of the strongest hg defenders, or even Eza + Tinker (EG vs VG g2), teams just get constantly rolled after 1 lost teamfight which completely tips the scales and give absurd golds advantage.
For people to whine for old 3-4k gold swings, which had to fulfill so many conditions to actually happen (a teamwipe by the losing team), and not for the current 3-4k gold swings at 10 mins is honestly perplexing.
Of all the TI, TI4 was considered the worst and mostly because of the finals (average game lenght was still around 40 mins, only slightly lower than TI3), this tournament had a game average lenght way shorter than that. This is like vanilla 6.82 with how absurd the gold swings feel. It's not even a matter of letting the patch getting figured out, you shouldn't see consistently 10k+ advantages at 15 mins every game, it just the game's way too volatile to be actually an accurate reflection of skill. This increase in kill bounties /decrease in creeps gold need to be seriously re-evaluated because all i'm seeing is games being way too volatile which in turn is just removing a huge pool of heroes from the game because you need to be able to fight early on.

Also TI3 was best TI and [A] way of playing was the most revolutionary thing this game has ever seen, give me rat every day of the week, the tension was amazing.

Community consensus was that we don't want to see comebacks that resulted from the trailing team defending high ground successfully. OK, I guess that's fair enough.

But I wonder if the creep and kill gold changes have meant that early kills are too valuable, and moreover that splitting the map and farming is useless as a way back into the fight. Either way, many of these matches feel even less satisfying than the TI4 finals, and that's saying something. Though EG's draft in that last game was awful. Who is wanting LD? Is it Fear, or does PPD actually rate the hero?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Community consensus was that we don't want to see comebacks that resulted from the trailing team trading inevitable high ground kills in one or two engagements. OK, I guess that's fair enough.

fix'd

But I wonder if the creep and kill gold changes have meant that early kills are too valuable, and moreover that splitting the map and farming is useless as a way back into the fight. Either way, many of these matches feel even less satisfying than the TI4 finals, and that's saying something. Though EG's draft in that last game was awful. Who is wanting LD? Is it Fear, or does PPD actually rate the hero?

This is my feel, everyone wanted more focus on kills and fights, but now I think that's too much. There's no farming downtime, and there's no room for heroes that need farming time before they can become strong hero-killers/team-fighters (some never do and are just much better at split pushing or straight pushing). Right now it seems that teams absolutely need heroes that can get kills in lanes and can constantly fight and kill without huge downtime or other handicaps. Combine that with the aoe gold change that makes winning supports much much leading to having sustain items much earlier (mek/arcanes) and you have a 24/7 active game with little to no downtime, but that inevitably leads to short games and lots of snowballing (in the pro scene).

Again, my pubs have been fantastic and our IHL games have been awesome and back n forth (with most going 45-65 minutes). I'd like to see if the summit short game syndrome continues or if this was just a LAN trend. Remember that deathball is kind of circular or self-fulfilling. Once one team blows open the lid on deathball and starts picking to fight and push early, the other team is almost forced to respond with a team that can also contest early. You don't want to risk picking for the late game and getting run over, why would you?

Regardless, I don't know how these matches feel less satisfying than the TI4 finals though, TI4 finals was literally one or two failed push attempts followed by a GG. Low kills and not much early game activity or ganks. Summit, on the other hand, was a very snowball-oriented LAN characterized by an enormous amount of kills starting from minute 0, roaming and ganks all around, and then a plethora of 5v5 teamfights. Towers/push was mostly the byproduct of all the snowball gold accumulated from kills and fights.

G.ZZZ

Community consensus was that we don't want to see comebacks that resulted from the trailing team defending high ground successfully. OK, I guess that's fair enough.

Tbh when i first saw those games i was thinking the stomps were due to the comeback nerf, but now i don't think it's that at all. Comeback mechanic wasn't actually even nerfed that much. The drastic change was how fast the economy can accellerate now on the back of a few kills, and that make for games that can be even in lanes and then totally go downhill for a team. Imho laning is much less important than before, it's winning that first big engage that give you those 4k gold swings. Sylla isn't a bad laner, he's a monster laner. But he sucks in early teamfights because you can literally only rightclick.
Game didn't need to give bigger gold swings, it needed to make highground less strong (buff hg pushers like pugna/lesh/Rastha/Sylla/Furi/Necro/DP, make larger ramps, make true strike work on buildings too etc...), so that those games where teams had a huge advantage in 6.83 could actually translate it into taking a lane instead of having to wait rosh and 10k+ gold advantage to be able to. For example, if 6.84 just had the increased bounty on raxes coupled with the buyback nerf, you could be sure that the old suicide push into highground with multiple buybacks from defending team to hold would be probably already a non-issue with how much fucking gold killing raxes give you, so even if you got teamwiped as long as you got the raxes (and if they buybacked, they got half gold from every return kill no matter the comeback mechanic), it would've been worth it whereas before it wasn't.

I think games overall will continously get shorter (average, not under 13 min like the final) until a counter is discovered but that hero pool that is anti-push is limited and needs time to be able to level up to defend.

Is the quick fix making the towers armor stronger to delay pushing?

Dahbomb

I hope youre joking because this is DotaGAF behaving

Wait till the shit posters get unbanned

#freethacker
It usually isn't this bad, right now it feels like the stupid posts are being "countered" by stupider posts even by people who normally make good posts here.

However, the last few posts have been good and an intersting read. If people have problems with the patch then they should be making constructive criticisms with data backing up their claims not "15 min gg shit meta deathball TI4 finals again".

G.ZZZ

It usually isn't this bad, right now it feels like the stupid posts are being "countered" by stupider posts even by people who normally make good posts here.

However, the last few posts have been good and an intersting read. If people have problems with the patch then they should be making constructive criticisms with data backing up their claims not "15 min gg shit meta deathball TI4 finals again".

LITERALLY WORSE THAN TI4 FINALS

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
legit tho can we talk about how HOTS is ACTUALLY DECIDED BY A FUCKING COIN FLIP—at least when i played over a year and a half ago. i played one game, my team won the coin flip (thanks mr. pirate NPC in the middle) and we won the game and then me n 1.09 retired as champions at 100% win

o yah i was also like a 30-3 illidan doing exactly the same amount of damage and everything as the 2-27 illidan on the other team

Pitches done early, Secret win, #AUDREY win, free witcher and batmang codes. Today was a good day.

YO HOOK ME UP WITH WITCHER BRO PLS ILL GIVE UR TEAM DEFUALT WINS

Shinypogs

Apparently talking about Doom summoned the eternal fire Doom set from my treasure. Free to anyone in the thread who will actually use it and not just junk it since I can do that myself.
edit: claimed

Sianos

Pitches done early, Secret win, #AUDREY win, free witcher and batmang codes. Today was a good day.

I have no idea what was happening with my micro that game, at one point my familiars split off from me during a fight, one heading straight down mid to the enemy fountain and one back up mid to our fountain.
dac15_embarrass.gif

Artanisix

REAL BABYRAGE STATS
THE SUMMIT 3 LAN:

6 games were over 40 minutes
15 games were over 30 minutes
22 games were under 30 minutes
6 games were under 20 minutes

EG was in 4 of them games under 20 minutes

SOURCE

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
REAL BABYRAGE STATS
THE SUMMIT 3 LAN:

SOURCE

these are false stats put out by the anti snowball of the meta

REAL BABYRAGE STATS
THE SUMMIT 3 LAN:

So are those <20 and >40 games counted in the over/under 30 minutes category or are they separate?

The grand finals of this series consisted of 4 matches, and here is the breakdown on how much each one lasted:

1st: 39m11s
2nd: 45m14s
3rd: 19m48s
4th: 13m47s

Averaging for a total of 29 mins, hard fact don't lie, salty whiners because the better team won do.

I don't think it's bad that the games are short when they are entertaining.

And it was just that Secret outplayed EG. Good ganks, and knowing when to go for the towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom