• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1503567586

Even Scandal play BS nowadays, and he goes jungle to boot, i want to murder some children
cBj1LTf.png

but you won
dac15_fantastic.gif

DotaGaf I need your help
I'm making a pretty simple guide for newbs on hero difficulty because this one is laughably out of date
I referred to it a lot when I started out however and it still had its uses

I think I got a good base for this one and its visually very straight forward and simple,
but I definitely see my own biases in ranking of difficulty in what I have and I want an outside perspective
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1j3ap7iqbt3d1q/DOPA.pdf?dl=0
Its not finished yet because putting the pictures in so they are nice an ordered is a bit of a pain, and I wan't to get the ordering done before I continue

lotsa love for any help
bts_lina.gif

Really cool stuff! There are a few heroes that are missing a label (in my 3k mmr opinion):

-Luna should get 'farm intensive'
-Enigma, Chen, Storm Spirit and Broodmother should get 'niche'
-Ogre Magi should get 'skillshot'

Also, some hero names have been missspelled; Rikki should be Riki, Abbadon should be Abaddon, Blood Seeker should be Bloodseeker.

inkls

Really cool stuff! There are a few heroes that are missing a label (in my 3k mmr opinion):

Also, some hero names have been missspelled; Rikki should be Riki, Abbadon should be Abaddon, Blood Seeker should be Bloodseeker.

How is Storm a niche hero?

pompidu

DotaGaf I need your help
I'm making a pretty simple guide for newbs on hero difficulty because this one is laughably out of date
I referred to it a lot when I started out however and it still had its uses

I think I got a good base for this one and its visually very straight forward and simple,
but I definitely see my own biases in ranking of difficulty in what I have and I want an outside perspective
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1j3ap7iqbt3d1q/DOPA.pdf?dl=0
Its not finished yet because putting the pictures in so they are nice an ordered is a bit of a pain, and I wan't to get the ordering done before I continue

lotsa love for any help
bts_lina.gif

Move sniper to tier 2. Position is super important. Don't need any more nubs in this game thinking sniper is easy and then feed 10 kills in 10mins cause sniper made from tissue paper.

luna needs farm for sure but she's more a mid game oriented carry than a late game (ie not a hard carry) imo.

lotsa love for any help
bts_lina.gif

I think Abaddon is higher than tier 1. His skills are relatively easy to understand and use, but to use effectively you require constant awareness of your own and your teammates HP at all times. And to get the most out of him you need to be aware of popping your own Aphotic by damaging yourself, healing yourself when in Borrowed Time, etc.

Even then he's not super difficult, but I think he is at least tier 2.

ViviOggi

I think Abaddon is higher than tier 1. His skills are relatively easy to understand and use, but to use effectively you require constant awareness of your own and your teammates HP at all times. And to get the most out of him you need to be aware of popping your own Aphotic by damaging yourself, healing yourself when in Borrowed Time, etc.

Even then he's not super difficult, but I think he is at least tier 2.
It really depends on what skill level you're talking. In the aimless and confused clashes of a low skill game the survivability he provides makes a massive difference (similar to Omni), while I agree that at more advanced levels it takes solid awareness, movement and decision making to not be a burden to your team. But since I believe this list is aimed at beginners tier 1 is appropriate.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Invoker pushed the Lesh up onto the cliff with deafening blast at Rosh. He tried to TP to Nyx but Nyx died before the TP completed which left Lesh up on that cliff until skywrath could walk down and force him down. This game Mouz all the time in the world to get megas. What a fight holy shit
mayatomr_romance.gif

Invoker pushed the Lesh up onto the cliff with deafening blast at Rosh. He tried to TP to Nyx but Nyx before the TP completed which left Lesh up on that cliff until skywrath could walk down and force him down. This game Mouz all the time in the world to get megas. What a fight holy shit
mayatomr_romance.gif

what

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The color scheme needs to be changed to highlight red, orange and grey but the model is great.

Artanisix

I would consider a niche hero something like Huskar, a hero who works against very specific lineups and who you wouldn't pick up otherwise

I think someone mentioned something about having bad performance on a 970 after a recent patch. This is affecting me now. Weird stuttering going on. Did you ever get it fixed?

For trade (gift only)
Witch Hunter (Anti Mage)
Forsaken Beauty (Medusa)
Ol' Choppers (Pudge)
Ancient Sovereign (Sand King)
Aspects of Summer (Enchantress)
Outcast of the Deep (Naga Siren)
Draining Wight (Pugna)

Sought (gift or otherwise)
Moonfall (Luna)
Twin Blades Assassin (Bounty Hunter)
Wraps of the Winter Bringer, White Sentry (Crystal Maiden)
Sylvan Cascade (Wind Ranger)
Vestments of the Fallen Princess / Blessing of the Crested Umbra (Vengeful Spirit)
Emberbark (Treant Protector)
Crystal Dryad (Tiny)
Raiments of the Sacrosanct (Phantom Assassin)
offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom