• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
This American Doto
ashot_jugg.gif

Acinixys

Watching that game I feel like Lotus Orb needs to work like Linkins

When you get targeted it reflects that one spell and then breaks

Because else you have 4 seconds of invulnerability

terrorblade-forever showing the world he can do more than just make illusions~~

throwing out shoutouts at the end of a ti qualifier game is so tasteless.

Moo ur fucking awful

Yeah he gave a shout out after game 1 too I think(a spectator) . If it was a up to me I would have kicked him from the lobby

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
randomed riki right off the bat, team picks 4 cores anyways so I tried the dota-gaf renowned riki support and our team got rekt across the map cept for our storm.

got a commend out of the match from the storm so I'd say it was worth it

Pratfall

randomed riki right off the bat, team picks 4 cores anyways so I tried the dota-gaf renowned riki support and our team got rekt across the map cept for our storm.

got a commend out of the match from the storm so I'd say it was worth it

i wonder what its like to be the bristleback player in that game. Played 2k games of dota and still be completely awful at it.

kionedrik

If I reroll my heroes in the 10 hero challenge will I get 10 new ones if if I completed 8 of them or just 2?

Elder Titan and Wisp are impossible.

DrPizza

Banned
If I reroll my heroes in the 10 hero challenge will I get 10 new ones if if I completed 8 of them or just 2?

Elder Titan and Wisp are impossible.

Elder Titan is OK, Wisp is impossible.

It just rerolls the ones you haven't done, or at least, is supposed to.

What's up with the contrast on the Yasha stream? It's fucked up.
i wonder what its like to be the bristleback player in that game. Played 2k games of dota and still be completely awful at it.

Most played hero is Pudge
lots of games played on Prophet and Invoker with really low winrates

He's THAT player

Still stuck with Visage and Wisp on my first 10 hero challenge.

#literallycrying

visage is really fun and easy though, soul assumption is so incredibly powerful and between supporting/pushing/killing things you always have something to do

micro doesn't have to be hard if you don't want it to be; tab -> Q is your friend!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Americans are just Europeans who don't want to pay taxes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My problem with it is the fact that they have 3 Europeans on their team but are considered an American team, it's just the way it is though.

And Void Boys is 5 people from China.

I have no problem with these teams playing in the America Qualifiers, its not about nationality but where you live.

W1SSY

My problem with it is the fact that they have 3 Europeans on their team but are considered an American team, it's just the way it is though.

Zephyr had 4 Americans and a Euro but they played in SEA. I think Valve only cares about where you are located. Nationality means absolutely nothing. I guess they could look about making that adjustment but it only makes things more confusing.

Who considers them American? German organization, being in Canada.
I think he just means American generalizing them as North American.

And Void Boys is 5 people from China.

I have no problem with these teams playing in the America Qualifiers, its not about nationality but where you live.
And I said that's just the way it is so I'll deal with it, I just think it shouldn't be this way. I'm not blaming Mouse for using the system to their advantage.
Who considers them American? German organization, being in Canada.
Talking about the continent.

W1SSY

I won as Wisp in my first try, supporting ursa, we wrecked the shit out of a Tinker.

Probably another option depending on skill level would be partnering with a bristle because with Io he can just run at people. Once Io gets a bottle it allows bristle to spam more skills and makes him scary.

SamVimes

Zephyr had 4 Americans and a Euro but they played in SEA. I think Valve only cares about where you are located. Nationality means absolutely nothing. I guess they could look about making that adjustment but it only makes things more confusing.

Zephyr moved shortly after ti and stayed there the whole time. And yeah, that was pretty bad too. I don't think Valve should do anything about it but moving into a weaker scene (so not like lgd.int) just so you can place last at ti and take away the experience from local teams isn't gonna win you my support.
Not that i think they'd care, mind you.

JC Sera

I have awoke
Ok warning guys, tl;dr post also heres the updated version

@JC Sera

You may consider adding "Bungler" to Invoker because he can fuck over his team hard with Tornado (e.x. Tide ults and then Invoker uses Tornado, wasting the ult).
Invoker getting closer and closer to becoming a rainbow
mayatomr_qwe.gif

but yeah that tornado has fucked me over a couple of times good point
Really cool stuff! There are a few heroes that are missing a label (in my 3k mmr opinion):

-Luna should get 'farm intensive'
-Enigma, Chen, Storm Spirit and Broodmother should get 'niche'
-Ogre Magi should get 'skillshot'

Also, some hero names have been missspelled; Rikki should be Riki, Abbadon should be Abaddon, Blood Seeker should be Bloodseeker.
Not sure on the Ogre magi one seeing as all his skills are targeted
But the others sure
smile.gif

Also my main spelling mistakes are becoming more and more apparent
aparrent
Move sniper to tier 2. Position is super important. Don't need any more nubs in this game thinking sniper is easy and then feed 10 kills in 10mins cause sniper made from tissue paper.
Sniper is literally the tutorial hero
If Valve thinks hes good enough for babby's first hero I'm inclined to agree
I think Abaddon is higher than tier 1. His skills are relatively easy to understand and use, but to use effectively you require constant awareness of your own and your teammates HP at all times. And to get the most out of him you need to be aware of popping your own Aphotic by damaging yourself, healing yourself when in Borrowed Time, etc.

Even then he's not super difficult, but I think he is at least tier 2.
pretty much this:
It really depends on what skill level you're talking. In the aimless and confused clashes of a low skill game the survivability he provides makes a massive difference (similar to Omni), while I agree that at more advanced levels it takes solid awareness, movement and decision making to not be a burden to your team. But since I believe this list is aimed at beginners tier 1 is appropriate.
Its more that he's a hero a newbie can pick up and have a giant safety net on, like Wraith King. Also you can build next to anything on him and have not totally fucked up, like Wraith King.

btw lotsa love to all who have commented you really have been helpful
bts_lina.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll take quality anime over quality immortals any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom