• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
took a look at it yesterday

got 9/10 predictions

I think I went rave over TM because I didnt know any better (and I still dont!) but i'll take it

bounchfx

Still above last year's growth rate. Does anyone remember what happened last year on Day 22 that caused the huge spike?

chart.png

Did the reveal of extra stretch goals cause a spike at all? I remember they had to add a bunch after the fact

I had Rave over Malaysia because I don't know shit about SEA

Anyone who picked two SEA teams to be directly invited to TI knows even less than I do.

rac

Banned
Wait what if Rubick does his taunt and then uses blink? What way will he be facing?

Asking the hard hitting questions.

Hylian7

Wait what if Rubick does his taunt and then uses blink? What way will he be facing?

Asking the hard hitting questions.

Jesus fucking christ dude. I pointed out a simple thing that might affect gameplay and now you're just going to mock it like it's completely stupid and isn't even worth mentioning? Come the fuck on.

Hylian7

Would the Rubick taunt direction thing be beneficial or detrimental to him?

Nah, just fanart :/

Damn, I needed a good laugh.

Probably beneficial, you would have trouble force staffing him into something that would stop his TP, or stun him, or something like that.

Like I said, it's a small thing, but I think it's something worth looking at with a critical eye.

manfestival

I swear people are way too caught up on selling portal. Look, its a good 3 hour game. That is about it. Stop hyping it to be the most amazing game in existence. NOW GIVE ME THE NEXT BATCH OF IMMORTALS VOLVO

The Eternal Elmos vs. Team EgoOne Fri. 4:00PM/7:00PM
t1431126000z4.png

Good luck my brothers! I cannot make the match tonight but I shall be there in spirit.

Haunted

Damn, I needed a good laugh.

Probably beneficial, you would have trouble force staffing him into something that would stop his TP, or stun him, or something like that.

Like I said, it's a small thing, but I think it's something worth looking at with a critical eye.
Actually using a taunt to your tactical advantage would be top play material.

Though yeah, I think it's a fairly small and unlikely thing, especially compared to the potential gameplay impact of certain other cosmetics (HELLO DISTACTING ARMADILLO PET)

Hylian7

Actually using a taunt to your tactical advantage would be top play material.

Though yeah, I think it's a fairly small and unlikely thing, especially compared to the potential gameplay impact of certain other cosmetics (HELLO DISTACTING ARMADILLO PET)

I don't see anything wrong with the Frondillo pet, I mean, you can't even click it like a courier.

rac

Banned
What about when cm does her snow angel? Shouldn't force staff become a mini-euls at that point?

kionedrik

Instead of discussing taunts you should be worried that golden blackhole and golden eclipse actually "conceal" BKBs, as in makes them incredibly hard to spot.

Hylian7

What about when cm does her snow angel? Shouldn't force staff become a mini-euls at that point?

Assuming you are serious and aren't trolling like usual, with CM's snow angel taunt, you can still easily tell the direction she's facing.

Instead of discussing taunts you should be worried that golden blackhole and golden eclipse actually "conceal" BKBs, as in makes them incredibly hard to spot.

I disagree, I don't really have a hard time spotting them, but I can probably see how that might be difficult for some people, and they may want to tone down the colors of those effects.

kionedrik

I disagree, I don't really have a hard time spotting them, but I can probably see how that might be difficult for some people, and they may want to tone down the colors of those effects.

no like the effects are literally layered wrong

That's a thing that actually affects gameplay and it should not happen. It's important that they fix it somehow. Either by changing color saturation or gradients or whatever

Haunted

I don't see anything wrong with the Frondillo pet, I mean, you can't even click it like a courier.
Visually distracting. Could cause a split second delay/confusion when encountered. I know they hide in combat but they still rub me the wrong way for some reason.

Is there a screenshot/webm of this in action?

Hylian7

Visually distracting. Could cause a split second delay/confusion when encountered. I know they hide in combat but they still rub me the wrong way for some reason.

I've seen that, and the CM pup a lot more and never been distracted by either honestly. Especially since the Armadillo pretty much sticks to the hero and doesn't wander around like the CM pup does.

Haunted

I've seen that, and the CM pup a lot more and never been distracted by either honestly. Especially since the Armadillo pretty much sticks to the hero and doesn't wander around like the CM pup does.
Oh yeah, CM pup is even worse.

Agha Black Hole should obscure vision for everything except the affected area for opponents
Should literally make the screens of the opponents caught inside go pitch black for the duration.

Black holes swallow all light.

Sianos

wat tangerine gyro
4mC962j.gif

Shorter cooldowns means you pump out more damage and can farm with flak cannon more often, more mana for more spells, and spell lifesteal provides quite a lot of regen off of double five man veiled call downs. Plus 25% less cooldown on refresher orb is a pretty big reduction too.

Went for the full magic damage build because veiled poof really hurts and late game meepo brings the right click.

Quesa

You say that like it doesn't already happen, we talk about BATs, attack speed, these basically are a similar mechanic.

don't forget cast points, which are almost literally the same thing as startup frames!

And tangerine gyro is legit it allows the skill to off cd more often than it's on

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
reddit fighting the good fight campaigning for TB buffs. icefrog pls.

Legit tho troll warlord and terrorblade are my two picks for the worst heroes of 6.84 so far. Both are fukn useless now. TB more so than troll tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom