• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
reddit fighting the good fight campaigning for TB buffs. icefrog pls.

Legit tho troll warlord and terrorblade are my two picks for the worst heroes of 6.84 so far. Both are fukn useless now. TB more so than troll tho.

I don't even know how to fucking play TB anymore. The frog reduced illusions damage to buildings, increased damage recieved to illusions, and uh, buffed his slow to 100% damage illusions.

Does he want to make him into a fighting carry or something?

Hylian7

why are you asking them to cut out backswing on shift queues

like that takes skill and shit

shift clicking orders really doesnt

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in WC3 shift queueing did cut backswing. It seems arbitrary that they don't have it cut backswing in Dota 2.

reddit fighting the good fight campaigning for TB buffs. icefrog pls.

Legit tho troll warlord and terrorblade are my two picks for the worst heroes of 6.84 so far. Both are fukn useless now. TB more so than troll tho.
Icefrog nerfed both Troll and Sniper really hard because I think he didn't want to risk either of them staying dominant(as everyone was sick of both). He'll give troll very minor buffs until he's okay again.

I don't understand why TB didn't get buffed though, the new meta doesn't favor him and on top of that he was already shit, so he's complete garbage right now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It looks like the teams that make HoN and Strife formally split into different companies a few days ago. Strife is under S2, HoN is by "Frostburn", which is apparently Garena owned.

This is likely going to be the end for Strife unless they pull out a miracle (The userbase is under 1k concurrent players), but may help HoN claw back some market share.

Also, now that I think about it, it was likely a really bad idea to call the game Strife when there is another Moba called Smite, they are very similar sounding if you only hear about it off hand.

Hylian7

i just told you why

Does it really take more skill though? I mean generally you aren't shift queueing things very fast in advance, and there are some things you benefit from not shift queueing anyway. Examples of this are Storm for the most part.

I think this really comes into play on micro-intensive heroes, like Meepo. You might want to shift queue a net and then right click attack. If there's a lengthy backswing animation on net, this can really curtail your efficiency.

It looks like the teams that make HoN and Strife formally split into different companies a few days ago. Strife is under S2, HoN is by "Frostburn", which is apparently Garena owned.

This is likely going to be the end for Strife unless they pull out a miracle (The userbase is under 1k concurrent players), but may help HoN claw back some market share.

Between Dota 2, League, and HotS (which will be pushed more heavily once it's out of beta), I really don't think there's much room for other mobas right now. You're fighting for scraps of scraps.

Icefrog nerfed both Troll and Sniper really hard because I think he didn't want to risk either of them staying dominant(as everyone was sick of both). He'll give troll very minor buffs until he's okay again.

I don't understand why TB didn't get buffed though, the new meta doesn't favor him and on top of that he was already shit, so he's complete garbage right now.

Sniper nerfed hard? It was a necessary nerf all around, because he was a braindead hero. He's still good, shrapnel now needs to be used more carefully (you could use that shit like no problems last patch), headshot missing is great since he was already strong for and against highground meta.

Hell he now can buy Silver Edge to remove passives and it gives him HP and slow. He's good now, not just op ez shit.

Hylian7

Between Dota 2, League, and HotS (which will be pushed more heavily once it's out of beta), I really don't think there's much room for other mobas right now. You're fighting for scraps of scraps.

I'd say Smite has decent market share. Basically you have to be something special for you to have any of the MOBA market share.

For instance right now, VainGlory is the most popular mobile MOBA, our upcoming game, Call of Champions, is a lot different from VainGlory, so we certainly stand a major chance in the mobile space.

Also, now that I think about it, it was likely a really bad idea to call the game Strife when there is another Moba called Smite, they are very similar sounding if you only hear about it off hand.

I liked what little I played of Strife. But yeah, it just doesn't have the players.

Hylian7

you said you didnt have a hard time spotting them tho

I was wrong and must have been thinking of something else.

Acutally thinking about it, the one Enigma game I've played with the Golden Black Hole I don't think anyone on the other team had BKBs.
We lost

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do you think I'm crazy for hording my coins in case more rewards are added? Both Wrath Night and the first New Bloom added additional rewards midway though.

Do you think I'm crazy for hording my coins in case more rewards are added? Both Wrath Night and the first New Bloom added additional rewards midway though.

Nah. It seems likely there'll be some change where it's worth hanging on to them for awhile. And if not, just spend them on the last day or whatever.

shira

I really don't think so, I think the closest will be Compendium point charms.

I wonder how people would react to a Charm of Charms.
Reddit charm: if your post gets upvoted to the front page and we make a patch change you get 25 compendium points

I think this is the wise and patient thing to do. It will make the fools like me who spent 3000 coins already feel bad.

Artanisix

"Why? If it should be the same animation, then there is no reason why it should be."

Sometimes more mechanical skill isn't a bad thing.

kvk1

That's it guys, now's the time. I'm about to break my 14-loss streak.

Wish me luck.

You can do it!

dac15_fantastic.gif

Hylian7

"Why? If it should be the same animation, then there is no reason why it should be."

Sometimes more mechanical skill isn't a bad thing.

And I can agree with that, I just think here it's kind of arbitrary where they say "This is mechanical skill" vs "Well you can just shift queue that" At that point it almost becomes like encouraging people to shift queue is a bad thing, just because it cuts down on efficiency technically.

It's a similar debate to the TA Trap detonation thing, where it used to have a cast point to use the extra "Detonate Trap" sub ability, when selecting and detonating the TA traps manually had no cast point to it. Now that cast point is removed, but still even today the one you want to detonate may not always be the one closest to you, so it's smart to have both at your disposal. However also when there's a lot of shit standing on your trap, it can be difficult to click it.

Plus I don't the way it was in WC3 Dota should be completely ignored either, assuming I am correct about it actually cancelling backswing animations in WC3 Dota.

G.ZZZ

TB feel a bit of a mess right now tbh. He's a classic splitpush illusion hero but he has an ulti geared for manfights, same as his first skill. Lancer has the "confusing billlions illusions fight" , Naga has the "splitpush multiple lanes and song tp away".

If we want to differentiate him substatianlly, i'd like:

Reflection and meta unchanged,

Sunder remade into Soul Exchange, work as old mortal strike (steal 20% from enemy current HP, last for X seconds depending on level unless enemy die in which case you keep the bonus hp).

Mirror Image (ult)

TB summon a dark reflection of himself from the FoulFell. Said illusion is invulnerable and can't be targeted by enemies (you can still control it), but die if TB himself die.

Mirror Image duration: 8/9/10 seconds
Mirror Image damage: 60/70/80% damage
Mirror Image cooldown: 80 s

Smithy C

I took a last hit from our support Lina so she made her hero follow mine, presumably so she could nuke whatever creep I tried to farm next.

I force staff her into three enemy heroes and run away. She dies and goes ape-shit in team chat.

Easily the most satisfying thing I've ever done in Dota.

Wok

I took a last hit from our support Lina so she made her hero follow mine, presumably so she could nuke whatever creep I tried to farm next.

I force staff her into three enemy heroes and run away. She dies and goes ape-shit in team chat.

Easily the most satisfying thing I've ever done in Dota.

I wish there were more moments like this one in my games.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
TB feel a bit of a mess right now tbh. He's a classic splitpush illusion hero but he has an ulti geared for manfights, same as his first skill. Lancer has the "confusing billlions illusions fight" , Naga has the "splitpush multiple lanes and song tp away".

If we want to differentiate him substatianlly, i'd like:

Reflection and meta unchanged,

Sunder remade into Soul Exchange, work as old mortal strike (steal 20% from enemy current HP, last for X seconds depending on level unless enemy die in which case you keep the bonus hp).

Mirror Image (ult)

TB summon a dark reflection of himself from the FoulFell. Said illusion is invulnerable and can't be targeted by enemies (you can still control it), but die if TB himself die.

Mirror Image duration: 8/9/10 seconds
Mirror Image damage: 60/70/80% damage
Mirror Image cooldown: 80 s

Honestly, I like TB just how he is, I just think he got bombarded with too many nerfs at once. He's a fun hero, and his skills are cool. Not every hero needs to have synergy between every one of their skills. I'd just like to see the meta nerf reverted, reflection buffed to where it's usable (maybe make it AoE or 0 cast point), and MAYBE his illusion damage taken scaled down to like 350 or 300% at level 4. Bring back the sunder mini-stun too. Icefrog doesn't like to revert nerfs, but he does occasionally, and I think TB is a case where some nerfs need to be reverted.

G.ZZZ

Honestly, I like TB just how he is, I just think he got bombarded with too many nerfs at once. He's a fun hero, and his skills are cool. Not every hero needs to have synergy between every one of their skills. I'd just like to see the meta nerf reverted, reflection buffed to where it's usable (maybe make it AoE or 0 cast point), and MAYBE his illusion damage taken scaled down to like 350 or 300% at level 4. Bring back the sunder mini-stun too. Icefrog doesn't like to revert nerfs, but he does occasionally, and I think TB is a case where some nerfs need to be reverted.

If he is to keep him as it is, i'd rather IF buffed his str like +3 base str, +0.2 str per level and not his illusions because stronger illusions are just frustrating to play against
sick.gif

Wok

It's nothing

How close are we to immortal chest 2?

The 24-hour kind of close. My initial guess was Sunday but the prize pool is like $150,000 dollars ahead of what I envisioned, so most likely Saturday evening (European time).

G.ZZZ

Secret broken of the patch: Sky mid.

Sorta like undying, this hero autowin his lane and stomp the early and midgame. Due to last patch comeback mechanic, it was sort of an unreliable pick since it was harder to close games. With the new lategame core items for int, the buff to atos, and the nerf to comebacks, late game won't come as often and won't be an issue as before. Sky mid to rek fools TI5.

Oh was this removed?! I did try to cancel a Sniper tbing away with Sunder, and the only thing I got was less hp.

I feel like a retard now.
burn.gif

G.ZZZ

You can tell they want to make pets a thing they can profit off of, adding an option to disable them would be logical but counterintuitive if you're trying to sell them. I don't think the community is ever going to accept pets as a thing though.

Who cares about parity or patches or servers fixes, or removal of party ranked, or of the network unstable conditions detections etc... we need hats! And reading this topic, i'd say they're right. I'm not giving this company one more cent.

Who cares about parity or patches or servers fixes, or removal of party ranked, or of the network unstable conditions detections etc... we need hats! And reading this topic, i'd say they're right. I'm not giving this company one more cent.

if you buy on the store, sell/buy on ther marketplace, you are giving them money.
bts_watermelon.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom