• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

more and more people are coming around to the view that 6.84 is trash

my power & influence

soon icefraud will have no choice but to make changes

ppreflex.gif

inkls got annihilated by that bug yesterday, quite unfortunate that they fixed it before tomorrow's game
C6mHztl.gif

Yeah, holy shit its annoying. "enjoy your 10 framerate against which you cant do anything!"

ZeroX03

Banned
I think it's possible, and I'm sure you can do something to make the cursor bigger, but I didn't want to put forth the effort for simply super-sampling. If you have a 4K display it might be worth it.

Yeah I'm just taking a look at 4k laptop and evaluating my options. Can always go 1080p max settings and it'll look crisp as hell with the 4x upscale on a 15 or 17" screen.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Keep fighting the good fight! Bugs aside, general consensus is that 6.84 is the best patch in a long time... and I agree. :D We might get some minor tweaks in 6.84a and b soon enough, but I think the general feeling of the current meta will stay until after TI5.

Early teamfights, lots of ganks, comeback potential through big teamfights and new items, less so through extended jungle farming into the lategame (except for Alchemist, oh my).

if you want to maintain your delusions that's fine, but don't come crying to me when the TI finals are all 20 minute stomps that make TI4's finals look like exciting back-and-forths
DsrA6Kc.gif
DsrA6Kc.gif
DsrA6Kc.gif

Hmmm so it's not designed to scale well? I'm looking at driving DotA on a 4k panel and considering my options.

Dota2 scales fine. Can't speak for the FPS on a M processor, but it looks good on my desktop 970 at 4K downsampled. I switched back to 1080p because I didn't like my GPU audiable and anything 4K makes the 970 crank up the temps.

Sanjay

Hmmm so it's not designed to scale well? I'm looking at driving DotA on a 4k panel and considering my options.

Have a 980 but no 4k panel but I can try that sampling thing, let you know later on performance I tried it before but don't recall the numbers.

But you will come into mouse / dpi problems and getting used to it, why I stopped running it at 4k.

Dota2 scales fine. Can't speak for the FPS on a M processor, but it looks good on my desktop 970 at 4K downsampled. I switched back to 1080p because I didn't like my GPU audiable and anything 4K makes the 970 crank up the temps.

What the hell are you doing with a 970.

Well if more games in 6.84 were like the first Alliance/Navi game from a few days ago on Dream league it would be fine. Lots of fights, good back and forth and it wasn't ever really clear who was going to win.

Most of my games since 6.84 have ended up like the second Alliance/Navi game from that series. One side wins by 15 minutes and the game is all but over.

Hopefully we can get a balance of the two with the smaller update patches.

manfestival

That Compendium doesn't look that shabby, really loving the new Black Hole.

Besides all of this - I haven't played the game in few months, would you please tell me what are the biggest changes besides those new items in a nutshell?

- Sniper/Troll nerfed
- undying the new sniper/troll
- TEAMFIGHTTEAMFIGHTTEAMFIGHT

Yesterday I played a game as Nature's Prophet.

Not sure what I could have done, but the game turned to utter shit real quick.

Enemy Pudge got himself a quick blink, so did their Legion.

Couldn't split push, since either of them would tp back, blink on top of me and dismember/duel, and if I tp'd out and let my minions push, legion or drow would kill them all in 1-3 hits, feeding themselves further, I was completely unable to get a single tower. Teamfighting seems like NP's biggest weakness, and our supports could'nt get any wards out, the enemy team were all over our jungle.

What would you have done? I'm currently having a hard time seeing how NP can be a useful hero.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Couldn't split push, since either of them would tp back, blink on top of me and dismember/duel, and if I tp'd out and let my minions push, legion or drow would kill them all in 1-3 hits, feeding themselves further, I was completely unable to get a single tower. Teamfighting seems like NP's biggest weakness, and our supports could'nt get any wards out, the enemy team were all over our jungle.

What would you have done? I'm currently having a hard time seeing how NP can be a useful hero.

did you get a shadowblade

manfestival

I played against tree man last night and an undying as alchemist. I made SOOOOOO much money off of both. It was GLORIOUS. DOSH LOADSAMONEY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

Greevil's Greed bounty activates against Zombies?

icefrog pls

yep it sure does. You dont get any gold from killing the zombie but the greevils greed does activate on every zombie so if you got that 36 combo. It just means way more creeps + ult = farming heaven.

did you have a blink or a shadowblade?

split pushing isnt easy for a lot of newer people since it requires a lot of game sense and map awareness and, dont take this the wrong way, but you were most likely doing it at the wrong time. i see a lot of new people attempt to split push and where they are now they should have been over a minute ago. if there is a fight going on you need to be pushing already, not when you see one ending and go oh i should have been somewhere lemme go now- no its too late!

hes really good at team fighting as well because he can be at anyone at any time and his ult is a pretty good general nuke, sprout is an okay sort of block (i hesitate to call it a crowd control), and his right click is underestimated

but yeah it sounds like your problem is just staying somewhere too long, i cant really help too much with that, there is just sort of a feeling you get when you know youre about to die. keep in mind its better to just back off and not die than get that one more last hit and push just that much further. youve already hurt them plenty by forcing them to tp back and respond and if they waste their time chasing you its only a plus

kionedrik

I'm not a NP player, in fact I hate that bastard, but I would have gotten a blink and split push with it.

Tp to lane, spawn trees, send 1 to scout the jungle or the place they could come from and use the rest to push the tower. If I felt unsafe I'd blink to the trees and TP somewhere else.

At the very least it would be annoying as hell for them to keep tracking me down. It would open my jungle to my team and would stall their aggressive push.

did you have a blink or a shadowblade?

split pushing isnt easy for a lot of newer people since it requires a lot of game sense and map awareness and, dont take this the wrong way, but you were most likely doing it at the wrong time. i see a lot of new people attempt to split push and where they are now they should have been over a minute ago. if there is a fight going on you need to be pushing already, not when you see one ending and go oh i should have been somewhere lemme go now- no its too late!

hes really good at team fighting as well because he can be at anyone at any time and his ult is a pretty good general nuke, sprout is an okay sort of block (i hesitate to call it a crowd control), and his right click is underestimated

but yeah it sounds like your problem is just staying somewhere too long, i cant really help too much with that, there is just sort of a feeling you get when you know youre about to die. keep in mind its better to just back off and not die than get that one more last hit and push just that much further. youve already hurt them plenty by forcing them to tp back and respond and if they waste their time chasing you its only a plus

I didn't get either shadow blade or blink, but in the end it would've made no difference, what I was doing at the end was teleporting in the trees, summoning my tree ents, and then tping the f out.

Of course, ten seconds later, one of their carries tp'd in, and wipes the whole wave in a few seconds, including my summons, feeding themselves further.

I didn't get either shadow blade or blink, but in the end it would've made no difference, what I was doing at the end was teleporting in the trees, summoning my tree ents, and then tping the f out.

Of course, ten seconds later, one of their carries tp'd in, and wipes the whole wave in a few seconds, including my summons, feeding themselves further.

maybe you were just too late to get going or something

its hard to say, you mind sharing the dotabuff?

i truly believe natures prophet to be one of the best solo queue heroes in the game, you can do a lot with him as you can find farm in any game, you are incredibly powerful just inherently with your skillset, and by his nature can just take rax through asshole ratting

i think hes fun

RJVFI6H.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Did you try using a Shadow Blade, with the way it interacts with Prophets TP it can make it really easy for him to get out and bail. You also may need to buy wards your self to scout out the enemy.

Also, I really like the changes to wards, I feel it opens up buying them to the entire team a lot more, since its dirt cheap to just buy one.

maybe you were just too late to get going or something

its hard to say, you mind sharing the dotabuff?

i truly believe natures prophet to be one of the best solo queue heroes in the game, you can do a lot with him as you can find farm in any game, you are incredibly powerful just inherently with your skillset, and by his nature can just take rax through asshole ratting

i think hes fun

RJVFI6H.gif

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1455752143

Literally a massacre.

well you leveled sprout over teleport im not sure why youd do that

and you rushed orchid when you werent against an ember spirit or a weaver or someone like that

id recommend definitely rushing a shadowblade or a blink (probably shadowblade as its easier to execute) next time, also maybe get a midas first thing? necro is good though

did you jungle?

i can watch it later and try and give some specific advice

edit: I just saw your losing streak, that sucks man :(

What do you guys think about early deso on NP?

With the change in cost he can get it even faster.

its always good

its hard to name an item that sucks on np

well you leveled sprout over teleport im not sure why youd do that

and you rushed orchid when you werent against an ember spirit or a weaver or someone like that

id recommend definitely rushing a shadowblade or a blink (probably shadowblade as its easier to execute) next time, also maybe get a midas first thing? necro is good though

did you jungle?

i can watch it later and try and give some specific advice

edit: I just saw your losing streak, that sucks man :(

its always good

Yeah definitely should've gotten Midas, but I forgot about that option, would've been helpful as hell.

I maxed sprout first because I wanted to help get some kills going to get us back in the game, didn't work out too well, but by the end I was thinking teleport would've been way more useful indeed.

kionedrik

From what I've reading here from time to time it seems there are a lot of you who don't like Purge. I'm sure you have your reason but I like the guy and think he has some interesting things to say.

He did (is doing?) an AMA and I found this interesting. He was asked what hero he thinks is being overlooked right now and his answer was:

"I circle jerk Shadow Demon ALL THE TIME. The build is soul ring tranq + Aghs. You get 3 5 second slows that go through BkB and are non-purgeable. Soul catcher, if applied before BKB boosts all damage by 50%.
With shadow Poison you can farm/stack during downtime, and Disruption lets you solo kill melee carries in the late game with Aghs.
I think he's really strong right now. "

I kinda agree with him on this, in most of his points at least, but SD still seems like a niche pick.

Gotta say that 14 losses in a row would crush me

Damn son

cry.gif

The thing is I feel I'm getting worse each time I play.

That first loss as Rubick? I think I actually played a phenomenal game.

Now it's just a shitshow the whole time.

I'm also playing only 1 game a day to avoid going full tilt berserk mode.

Acinixys

The thing is I feel I'm getting worse each time I play.

That first loss as Rubick? I think I actually played a phenomenal game.

Now it's just a shitshow the whole time.

I'm also playing only 1 game a day to avoid going full tilt berserk mode.

I watched the first 15 minutes

This is what went wrong:

PA and Wisp got totally shutdown in the safelane. Drow harassed PA hard and so PA got no farm for the first few minutes

Pudge roamed and had a lot of space to get kills. He even got a kill top at level 4 when he shouldnt have. He walked right under your ward and up to Wisp to get the kill

Silencer going solo to the offlane was a big mistake

He got zero farm while Legion got total free farm, allowing her to get a very fast blink (think she had a 12 min blink treads)

All in all your team got heavily out laned and had no way to defend tower pushes or their early aggression

Basically dont pick Junglers because it means the enemy will have at least one super easy lane

Hylian7

I like the new taunts but I only see one potential issue with the Rubick one. Since he spins around, and you can do this while moving, it really can confuse which direction he is actually facing. Mainly this is for stuff like Force Staff or Medusa's Ult, I really wish they would not have him spin around though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom