• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

I tried offlane AM, sorta like void. You have blink, spell resist, and mana burn let you trade with supports so that they can't harass you out of the lane.

Too bad you have no chrono.

Get OoV on sniper tho'.
disappear.gif

Hylian7

A muted PA on my team kept spamming ">Good game, well played!" in all chat after every teamfight, even ones we won. Then changes his steam name to try to talk shit: http://www.dotabuff.com/players/22946043 (viper lost 1v1 to slark reported)

This was the game: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1540631961

Bloodseeker was a total bro and I commended him actually. The funniest thing was PA added Bloodseeker on Steam to talk shit about him and the rest of the team. It was pure comedy gold.

Mute system definitely working as intended boys.
highfive.gif

pompidu

Maintenance Tuesday is the most retarded thing ever. How bout you do this at like 5am when no one is playing. Fuck valve is retarded.

JC Sera

You know, I was thinking about this topic the other day, but also included all the racism you see in Dota that gets by without people batting an eye. I really hope this gets more attention.

Also the artwork is awesome, did she draw those?
Yep she did. Yeah the Australian servers are pretty bad for casual racism, especially against SEA players.

I've been reading a bit that blog, and while a lot of what she say is true, i can't help but think you have to be seriously stupid when you say that a show like GoT is being sexist because females get raped while men get killed or mutilated. Even offensive and bizarre tbh.

Also this game sucks anyway.
Tbh I read the books started watching the show and gave up cause they kept adding more rape scenes that weren't in the books

I almost didn't get past the first episode because my friends warned me of all the violence, gore, incest, sudden death of beloved character

They didn't warn me what happens to Dany onscreen
its kinda weird people believe consensual incest is worse than rape
But thats just my experiences
Who fucking writes this shit?

Dota has one of the most diverse cast of characters out of any game, save maybe HoN.

I will agree that online communities, Dota and LoL especially, are sexist and racist assholes. But being anonymous gives people power to be horrible cunts with no repercussions, and i cant see that ever changing
If they added death prophets beta design I'd agree (She originally looked like Ursula) .
All the women in dota are the same body shape, except for the ones that aren't even remotely humanoid. Look at the build of Zayara from Overwatch compared to legion commander.
Compare that to the variation in male character body shape. Dota has the most diverse roster for a MOBA, but there is still room for improvement.

JC Sera

I think Australia in general is pretty bad for casual racism, not just AusDota.
:')

My sister is currently scared about revealing her boyfriend is Asian to my family because of my racist Aunt and her daughter, who live a 5 minute walk away from us

2015 in suburban melbourne people

iamblades

"lack of diversity in character design". wat. I'd love to see a moba (or game at all) that tops dota in this field.

Also, maybe I've just gotten super lucky, but I haven't really seen much overt racism, homophobia, or sexism in the Dota community, relative to other games.

The dota community is shitty, obviously, but in my experience the bulk of the shittiness is just relentless negativity in general. I almost never hear dota players toss around slurs compared to, say COD.

Now if you throw in twitch chat or youtube comments, that's a whole other thing, but there is relatively little in game hate speech going on that I have seen.

For the record I haven't seen too much overt racism/sexism/etc in Dota (especially compared to League) although I did have a fairly racist girl playing Windranger on my team recently.
2015 in suburban melbourne people
Ah, see, that's why you live an hour out of Melbourne like I do where absolutely nothing different happens but you get to be smug because you're not racist AND living in Melbourne.

bounchfx

- lack of daddies

zeus is the ultimate dad with the ultimate dad bod, ur argument is invalid

and yeah iamblades, I haven't seen much either - but I'm also not a woman playing the game, nor have I played a ton of matches with obvious females. I have to question how overt and obnoxious she might be while playing but at the same time I don't doubt that there's a LOT of sexist douchebags out there. It's not really special to the Dota community.

JC Sera

For the record I haven't seen too much overt racism/sexism/etc in Dota (especially compared to League) although I did have a fairly racist girl playing Windranger on my team recently.
Ah, see, that's why you live an hour out of Melbourne like I do where absolutely nothing different happens but you get to be smug because you're not racist AND living in Melbourne.
I actually live an hour out of inner Melbourne
Belgrave line
zeus is the ultimate dad with the ultimate dad bod, ur argument is invalid

and yeah iamblades, I haven't seen much either - but I'm also not a woman playing the game, nor have I played a ton of matches with obvious females. I have to question how overt and obnoxious she might be while playing but at the same time I don't doubt that there's a LOT of sexist douchebags out there. It's not really special to the Dota community.
I find as long as I don' use voice chat its pretty ok
once or twice my friends have let slip in all chat they were playing with a girl and then I get unwanted sexual advances from invoker
always seems to be mid players

patchday

man been wanting to give this game a try. But the tutorial in the link in the OP is forever+ long. I don't suppose there's a shorter tutorial for newbies?

i just finished samurai champloo today it was awesome

Soundtrack is god tier.

Welcome to the NHK next :^)
man been wanting to give this game a try. But the tutorial in the link in the OP is forever+ long. I don't suppose there's a shorter tutorial for newbies?

Making NPCs drop to 0 health = gold. Gold = items. Items = stronger.

Honestly this game has a crazy high skillcap, but reading about it by itself won't help unless you've got a passable understanding of the flow of the game, which is really something you should gain by simply playing. If you know someone who's in to dota who you enjoy playing with, ask them to play with you and give you tips.

shira

Dude you need to learn 4 PhD's worth of bullshit rules just to understand this thread.

Dota is not a casual game.
fzerBL2.png

patchday

Yeah... Atm been playing Heroes of the Storm but would be nice to give Dota2 a go. Guess one day I'll be done with that book of a tutorial on the first page hehe

JC Sera

purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
This guide is great for everything except 1 thing: ignore everything he says about pulling and stacking. I gave this guide to a friend starting out and because it puts those two mechanics with the same weight as actual basic mechanics, she became obsessed with how to do them.
edit: just realised this is the same one as the OP. Sorry to say, but this is the shorter of the two starting off in dota guide. Dota requires a lot of reading or friends who tell you everything.
http://www.reddit.com/r/learndota2/wiki/index#wiki_common_newbie_questions
this is a good place to go next, lots of good resources. Learndota2 is one of the nicest, friendliest and patient gaming communities.

I also made a guide to how difficult heroes are for people starting out
http://solarcrest.weebly.com/uploads/5/3/8/8/53881843/hero_difficulty_guide.pdf

patchday

purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
This guide is great for everything except 1 thing: ignore everything he says about pulling and stacking. I gave this guide to a friend starting out and because it puts those two mechanics with the same weight as actual basic mechanics, she became obsessed with how to do them.
http://www.reddit.com/r/learndota2/wiki/index#wiki_common_newbie_questions
this is a good place to go next, lots of good resources. Learndota2 is one of the nicest, friendliest and patient gaming communities.

I also made a guide to how difficult heroes are for people starting out
http://solarcrest.weebly.com/uploads/5/3/8/8/53881843/hero_difficulty_guide.pdf

Excellent!! Checking it out now.

HotS is like addition and subtraction.

Dota is like inventing Calculus

That sounds good :)

bounchfx

better be the ESL chest with a banner

poor ward chest got no visibility on the store, and quite literally no visibility in game. I'm hoping for ESL chest + ward treasure being on the store banner/in game

gotta pay dat rent

JC Sera

better be the ESL chest with a banner

poor ward chest got no visibility on the store, and quite literally no visibility in game. I'm hoping for ESL chest + ward treasure being on the store banner/in game

gotta pay dat rent
I bought 2 of the ward chests
they are so goooooooood they deserve more visibility
I got both of the rare drops

Unfortunately ESL has never been the best with hats, looking at the familiars bundle coming out days before the tournament.

What they did with the ticket itself this year is amazing tho, $2 to watch games without hats.

bounchfx

Unfortunately ESL has never been the best with hats, looking at the familiars bundle coming out days before the tournament.

What they did with the ticket itself this year is amazing tho, $2 to watch games without hats.

none of it has ever been our fault - ESL has basically been fucked by valve every single time, and we've always had the items ready WELL in advance. Feels good to be screwed by valve so often. The ward chest getting no banner was another middle finger to us it feels like, and the chest going in (again) so close to the tournament is really frustrating. I'm not sure what valve has against esl/why it keeps happening, but it's really frustrating for me personally :(. The familiar's thing in general was super stressful because they just kept delaying it until the day of the tournament. It's like they didn't want to give the prizepool a chance.

JC Sera

none of it has ever been our fault - ESL has basically been fucked by valve every single time, and we've always had the items ready WELL in advance. Feels good to be screwed by valve so often. The ward chest getting no banner was another middle finger to us it feels like, and the chest going in (again) so close to the tournament is really frustrating. I'm not sure what valve has against esl/why it keeps happening, but it's really frustrating for me personally :(. The familiar's thing in general was super stressful because they just kept delaying it until the day of the tournament. It's like they didn't want to give the prizepool a chance.
Ah really? Sorry for my ignorant comment then, that sucks to high hell.

You know we could start an angry reddit post and maybe then valve will change it.
That seems to be the only thing they listen to sometimes :T

edit: Also, new Ebola demon set
ashot_rubick.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom