• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
url

Artanisix

huskar is seriously godly for pubs

i do boot -> armlet -> hotd -> treads -> ac -> solar crest

once you get armlet you're a totally different hero, you farm insanely fast and very few heroes can kill you. pretty much just don't pick this hero into ta or aa and you're gold.

Acinixys

once you get armlet you're a totally different hero, you farm insanely fast and very few heroes can kill you. pretty much just don't pick this hero into ta or aa and you're gold.

Or Lina

bts_lina.gif

buying armlet is just me giving myself more opportunities to fuck up

Hylian7

So pretty standard items then. I know it is a "pubstomp" hero, but that's what I feel like Huskar is: basically feast or famine and that's it.

Artanisix

more like feast and feast and feast and feast with the occasional sad game

safe lane is best lane for him unless you're up against a melee mid

DrPizza

Banned
You have spent approximately $1,537.37 USD in the game after this card set was released.
Jesus christ.

And that's not including what I spent to go to TI4 last year (probably $3K all in), or market transactions.

shira

Can you fix the food issues that TI5 will have ;_;

No food festival outside, no beer gardens, just overpriced bad stadium food ;_;

If I were you I would plan my day to not spend 12 hours at Key Arena everyday. Target some matches that are actually worth watching instead of just wanting to get your money's worth.

Maybe spend 2 hours at the Secret Shop, 3 hours watching games, go to a real restaurant for lunch, watch another 3 hours. Have a sensible dinner. Etc. There are fantastic reasonably priced sushi, ramen, whatever restaurants.

Axe and Techies murder Trashkar in banana tier

Artanisix

why would you sell armlet on huskar unless youre 60 minutes in? that's well past his prime anyway, you're aiming to dominate and get raxes midgame with husk, armlet reduces your hp while farming thus increasing your farming speed, lets you take any tower as long as its uncontested, and lets you completely fuck most of the hero pool

Chris R

If I were you I would plan my day to not spend 12 hours at Key Arena everyday. Target some matches that are actually worth watching instead of just wanting to get your money's worth.

Maybe spend 2 hours at the Secret Shop, 3 hours watching games, go to a real restaurant for lunch, watch another 3 hours. Have a sensible dinner. Etc. There are fantastic reasonably priced sushi, ramen, whatever restaurants.

I didn't spend 12 hours a day last year, I was hoping the schedule would be somewhat similar (with a different structure) so matches were done before a normal dinner hour. It just was awesome to have the food festival just out the door for a quick bite or some chill time in the beer garden

bounchfx

You have spent approximately $567.64 USD in the game after this card set was released.

this is actually way lower than I expected. I think I've made more just selling items I've opened in chests/ti items

Wok

I don't know when to expect my immortals. Patch day is usually Thursday. However, this Thursday, it is the start of the summer sales.

Hylian7

I haven't BM'd in forever actually, and have been doing a very good job of not doing so. Probably the closest was me yelling at someone the other day for trying to move the courier while I was moving it away from enemies. That shit is like playing frustrating tug of war. Other than that I try to act like the beacon of hope on my team.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1538890667

Silencer and Chaos Knight were at each other's throats at about two minutes in because they somehow lost their dual lane to offlane Storm. I came in and ganked him and we killed him. Suddenly they stopped fighting. Mostly every Black Hole I landed had at least 3 people in it. When we were ending the game I even went and Black Holed the fountain for funzies. I felt like I had a role in saving that one from being awful.

Also I have only ever been muted one time in my entire Dota career, and have not ever since then.

Artanisix

it's not even that i'm mad at people, i just bm because the chaos in my team or from my opponent makes games 1000x more entertaining

plus i love tilting people for maximum advantage

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I only BM when Thor/Loki run out of BM pauses.

Mordeccai

my all time favorite bm is, after a failed gank on me, or a tower dive within the first 10 minutes, typing the lone

?

in all chat

then I judge the
salty.gif
off of the response and determine just how hard I need to troll to elevate the game to true moba community status.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1540456126

this shit is fucking unbelievable
sven and WR (2 stack obv) kept bitching we didn't have a gem, omni buys one, they go solo in the jungle without us demining first. Then they fucking bitch because we're "not demining".

Can't cope with this shit.
I'm surprised I'm not muted after that.
Had a good laugh after the third time sven told me he muted me though. If you're saying it just fucking do it.

Vade

it's not even that i'm mad at people, i just bm because the chaos in my team or from my opponent makes games 1000x more entertaining

plus i love tilting people for maximum advantage

This is the kind of person you become when you feed metal mouseballs to kids.

Don't be a Milkman

It is honestly really shameful for me to admit but I can be a hugely toxic player at times. I try to be calm and not get mad but people who just flame and complain at nothing set me off so bad, and I join in. I actually screamed at someone on mic yesterday. I felt pretty bad about it afterwards

Interestingly, I've been reported for pretty much everything imaginable in Dota but the only thing I've ever been given low prio for is abandoning games. Even after one really terrible game where I got super frustrated and just fed 30 kills to the enemy on purpose.

Hylian7

standard games are actually worse than LPQ

1433884449-gettingbetter.png

this shit is just depressing
troll currently lv 6, no points in fervor

I've won with people doing dumber shit. I've had a game where a Sand King got pissed off and started intentionally feeding. I was playing Tinker, and I fucking carried us back into the game. Guess what? The Sand King started playing seriously again, and we won!

In this game right here: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1424826859

Faceless Void had something like 12 kills and 0 deaths by ten minutes. It looked super ugly. I was the uniting force of my team though. I brought us into the game and kept us there. I was farmed as all hell, and there were times we would kill eveyrone else, and it would just be Faceless Void in the second Black Hold by himself. We won! Everyone else on my team thought this shit was over eight minutes in, and certainly it did look rough. You can see on the map there we lost two rax, and when we could finally end it, we had to just go straight down mid and gg it. Every time they tried to come in and finish, they couldn't. I was there to set up shit, and my team helped me stop them.

Even with your teammates doing stupid shit, it usually isn't over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom