• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

oh man I'm jelly. I want a 970 so bad. Maybe for xmas! on a 660 currently... so glad I can still play Witcher.

What's the next big 'graphics hog' game?

TUSR

Banned
i went about $200 over budget because i wanted a 970 and not a 960. doubled the SSD size and RAM.

the used market in canada is shit, and the new market is expensive

woooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hylian7

I think Shodan announcer will sell pretty well. SS2 is a very popular game on the internet, and if anything, I think it will make more people play SS2.

Trickster

How does lifesteal work on Anti-Mage?

I tried buying a morbid mask on him, and there was practically no lifesteal at all happening as far as I could tell?

NBtoaster

How does lifesteal work on Anti-Mage?

I tried buying a morbid mask on him, and there was practically no lifesteal at all happening as far as I could tell?

His mana burn is a unique attack modifier, so attack modifiers like lifesteal, the effect of desolater and skadi don't work on him. You can get lifesteal by building vladmirs offering because it provides lifesteal as an aura, not an attack modifier.

Trickster

His mana burn is a unique attack modifier, so attack modifiers like lifesteal, the effect of desolater and skadi don't work on him. You can get lifesteal by building vladmirs offering because it provides lifesteal as an aura, not an attack modifier.

Aha okay, thanks for the answer

kionedrik

Dont feel bad about playing one of the greatest games ever made

Let's just hope Ken Levine and his new studio can put out something of similar quality in the near future.

I think Shodan announcer will sell pretty well. SS2 is a very popular game on the internet, and if anything, I think it will make more people play SS2.

I think SS2 is one of those games that a lot of people recognize simply because of the cult following they attracted over the years and interned conversations between followers, but very few people actually played it. The same can be said for a lot of 90's PC games like Grim Fandango or HoMM3 for instance (I picked these 2 because they recently had a HD remake).

sort of think morbid mask on anti mage could be viable really early, like if youre struggling to finish bf, give you a chance to stay in jungle longer and exploit your blink a lot more.

Acinixys

Cosmetic_icon_Spectral_Conservator.png

Did someone say Gundam?

HotS has a Mecha skin for the support hero Tassadar

Normal form and mounted form

oh man I'm jelly. I want a 970 so bad. Maybe for xmas! on a 660 currently... so glad I can still play Witcher.

What's the next big 'graphics hog' game?

Im playing The Witcher on an over OC'd 460
horse.gif

Brother bought a Titan X.

I can only watch with mouth agape.

Seems like a waste now. The new 980 TI is cheaper and gets more FPS than the Titan

MikeDown

Banned
I would love a Mass Effect announcer pack, something featuring renegade Shepard and Harbinger.

EDIT: Also a Liam Neeson pack would be good too

Vade

Yeah, the shell of a company that is S2 doesn't even make or own HoN any more, just their doomed league clone Smite. HoN is now made by Frostburn studios, which is not affiliated with S2 at all.

Damnit Kirby know your doomed studio lore. Hi-Rez makes Smite which actually makes money. The shell that is S2 closed their Michigan office and just make Strife. Frostburn Studios is part of the ex S2 Michigan office.

I would love a Mass Effect announcer pack, something featuring renegade Shepard and Harbinger.

EDIT: Also a Liam Neeson pack would be good too

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

YES PLEASE, would pay egregious amounts of money for this.

Mordeccai

I exclusively buy mobos manufactured by Kuat Drive Yards, only the finest Imperial made parts grace my computers. I also use a Corellia StarDrive made 970.

We just played a match where the enemy ursa kept running into our tiny-jakiro-oracle defensive trilane and dieing. After the 3rd or 4th time, we assumed he was intentionally feeding and reported him.

At the end of the match he gets a drop.

It's the welcoming gift.

We are so bad we get matched with people who have never played the game before
cry.gif

bbd23

i went about $200 over budget because i wanted a 970 and not a 960. doubled the SSD size and RAM.

the used market in canada is shit, and the new market is expensive

woooooooooooooooooooooooooo

lol same.

upgraded from a 7870 to a 970 in april. expensive but pretty damn worth it. it was on "sale" for like 420 I think

inkls

Well he's never playing Dota again

See, I would believe that, if he didn't stop attacking. But at some points he was just following print. And he fed first blood and kept running into lane to die. Normally you'd think the normal reflex would be to stop trying to fight after 5-10 deaths no?

I think he was a smurf

Jarnet87

We just played a match where the enemy ursa kept running into our tiny-jakiro-oracle defensive trilane and dieing. After the 3rd or 4th time, we assumed he was intentionally feeding and reported him.

At the end of the match he gets a drop.

It's the welcoming gift.

We are so bad we get matched with people who have never played the game before
cry.gif

My friend and I are on a slow decent into madness and the bottom tier of team mmr. He's about a 3500-3600+ player, and I'm about a 3100-3200 player (single mmr). I just slipped below 2500, and he about 2800 in team mmr. I'd say out of every 10 match we get 2 or 3 with competent players, the other 7 or 8 are just soul crushing. we are convinced the dota gods punish us for playing together.

dota only gets worse, there is no looking up.

TheCrow

See, I would believe that, if he didn't stop attacking. But at some points he was just following print. And he fed first blood and kept running into lane to die. Normally you'd think the normal reflex would be to stop trying to fight after 5-10 deaths no?

I think he was a smurf

You'd be surprised. I've played with a few new players that just kept going right back in thinking it'd be different this time around. At some point I felt the need to remind them that the green bar was their health. :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Damnit Kirby know your doomed studio lore. Hi-Rez makes Smite which actually makes money. The shell that is S2 closed their Michigan office and just make Strife. Frostburn Studios is part of the ex S2 Michigan office.
It's not my fault S2 named their game so similarly to another Moba. Maybe they should try rebranding their game, their user base can't get much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom