• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
They fixed illusions dropping items that you could then sell, but now apparently you can tell which model is the illusion and which is the real hero if you have player names enabled.

Oh snap, at least it doesn't break the game.

Just checked the "Watch" tab and you can now get info for all ongoing matches (still can't spectate games tho) the featured minimap now updates all hero positions every few seconds, that's pretty darn cool, will come in handy when multiple matches on the same tourney are being played and you just want to catch key moments in the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
30 minutes from now, I will be farming the jungle. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, pushing creepwaves without any vision, do not be troubled. For you are out of position, and you're already dead!

Brothers, what we do in the lane... echos in eternity.
ashot_sven.gif

pompidu

um anyway to play without downloading the beta? keep pausing the download and starting dota again. We have to take on reborn beta?

edit: I cannot start dota2, shoulda made that clear

la_briola

um anyway to play without downloading the beta? keep pausing the download and starting dota again. We have to take on reborn beta?

edit: I cannot start dota2, shoulda made that clear

Try to launch "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota.exe" (or what ever your path is).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Panorama is nice, though its a bit finicky to make content look like you want.

The Dead Winter set's concept art makes a damn good loading screen:
lichwarsloadig.jpg

shira

hehe, I think there might actually be two versions depending on where you buy it? one with glider one without. I'm not entirely sure though! we should know very soon.

edit: here's the non glider one

Don't fuck with me. You can see his backpack is full. Full of glider shit.

mayatomr_fume.gif
mayatomr_fume.gif

Edit:
http://valve.game-legends.com/toys-...-redpaw-digital-unlock-limited-edition?c=2293

The Limited Edition of the Redpaw comes with a cool kite attached to his back. Limited to 1000 pieces worldwide. Produced by Gaya Entertainment.

SRSLY WTFUCK

Item’s expected release date: 20 July 2015
€59.99 + 25 s/h = $120 CDN, oh man I'm srsly pondering securing one

bounchfx

motherfuckers I don't even have one yet Lol. I probably won't get any info until after ESL when the distributor is online again. I want a glider one too! T___T

i'm really hoping these get sold at ti5. pls volvo

shira

motherfuckers I don't even have one yet Lol. I probably won't get any info until after ESL when the distributor is online again. I want a glider one too! T___T

i'm really hoping these get sold at ti5. pls volvo

It sez limited edition 1000
cry.gif

so has anyone actually successfully played a game in reborn?
Tons of custom games, if I wanted to play a normal game I'd play it in the normal client, there's no possible advantage to playing it in Reborn as the HUD is the same anyway and performance improvements aren't noticeable just yet with the amount of bugs and stuff.

so has anyone actually successfully played a game in reborn?

Yes I played a normal match today as Lina, had feeding PA that abandoned 10 mins into the game, business as usual.
gross.gif

If you get to play overthrow be sure to pick Necrophos, people will love you, trust me.

Well it seems the host, never chooses anything and ya just sit. Or the game will just sit. Cant get into the game. Host dropping etc...

That is caused by a current glitch in the game that doesn't detect when players exit the client causing all these ghost servers you see.

I've played a few normal games (haven't managed to play a custom game yet). Stuff seems to work fine but it feels a little bit off.

HOLY SHIT I GOT IN A GAME OF OVERTHROW

Quesa

Yeah maybe they have let people test it for a lil bit. They'd prob need a wider pool of people to do it, too, to catch all the issues. Probably would have been best to release it as a beta first

Quesa

ive played tons of betas, ive never experienced this level of shitty network issues, non loading etc. this should be called an alpha ffs

The problem is that people have bee conditioned to think betas are demos. They're not, or shouldn't really be.

patchday

The problem is that people have bee conditioned to think betas are demos. They're not, or shouldn't really be.

This is why I usually don't participate in beta. I like to play the final product. But the ability to play those custom games sure sound nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom