• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

I may have kidnapped a Redpaw plushie earlier today when we were at the venue. Sorry bounch.

Glider or no glider?
mayatomr_fume.gif
mayatomr_fume.gif
mayatomr_fume.gif
mayatomr_fume.gif
mayatomr_fume.gif
mayatomr_fume.gif

Holy shit bounch ur rich
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Promo Redpaw

Hey guys, anyone interested in any of these sets? I redeemed 5k worth of coins, and 4 of them, I don't like. Still unopened and giftable.

Ghastly Matriarch and Augor's Curse set.(Death Prophet)

Hardened Hunter's gear set (Bounty Hunter)

Arms of the Onyx Crucible (Legion Commander)

hoping to trade them for extra Collectors Caches. The Ghostly and Crucible Set come with loading screees.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Just had an interesting bug on the beta where the enemy Tiny illusion runes didn't have any graphics, lol.

Dunno if it's the bigger tileset or what, but I felt that character movement felt a bit comparatively slower.

huh, I wonder why it's spiking?

I can buy a burger with that change! oh wait we don't get paid from any market sales T__T

You don't? I assumed that you did! I thought that the 10% Dota 2 fee would at least partially go to the makers. That sucks.

So the makers of Rex would get a portion of the chest sales but after TI they wont see a dime from it?

bounchfx

You don't? I assumed that you did! I thought that the 10% Dota 2 fee would at least partially go to the makers. That sucks.

So the makers of Rex would get a portion of the chest sales but after TI they wont see a dime from it?

yeah, it's all to valve. :(

and I wouldn't worry about the TI chest makers.. they've probably made more than most of us do in an entire year with that one chest. Kappa.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bounch, any thoughts on making custom models for mod makers?

Also, I want to try and think up something else to make now. Maybe a smaller game for like 4 people and to be like 5 to 10 minutes? Any ideas?

bounchfx

Bounch, any thoughts on making custom models for mod makers?

Yes. Very excited about it.

I will probably have things they can use, but most of the stuff will probably need to also function as a regular workshop submission since that's what pays the bills. But I'd absolutely love to be able to provide some assets for mods. To be fair, modders already have access to a shitload of items.

I'm really hoping someone uses the cosmetics already in game in such things like an RPG mod, where the armor pieces are stuff you earn or buy within the minigame. That kinda stuff is neat and has a lot of potential.

yeah, it's all to valve. :(

and I wouldn't worry about the TI chest makers.. they've probably made more than most of us do in an entire year with that one chest. Kappa.

Yeah, i figured they are probably getting paid the big cash money wad from that chest. Just using them as an example of people whose items end up being limited and only available at the market.

I understand that valve can't give away the entire fee, but the fact that they don't even give a small symbolic fee is disappointing as i really like a lot of the things that come out of the workshop.

JC Sera

Yes. Very excited about it.

I will probably have things they can use, but most of the stuff will probably need to also function as a regular workshop submission since that's what pays the bills. But I'd absolutely love to be able to provide some assets for mods. To be fair, modders already have access to a shitload of items.

I'm really hoping someone uses the cosmetics already in game in such things like an RPG mod, where the armor pieces are stuff you earn or buy within the minigame. That kinda stuff is neat and has a lot of potential.
I'm really looking forward to any rpg mods that come out of this.

iamblades

They really needed to go on G while Loda had BKB up, there was no way they were going to successfully run away..

I think they could have at least traded loda for G.

Haunted

Did they steal that stack because they heard Cap mention it?

Looked like it ..
Open team booths are pretty close to the casters, but the big speakers are facing away from them and they're all wearing noise cancelling headsets, obviously.

Lots of Alliance fans in the audience.

Panda plushies in the shop are 45€ and do NOT come with a code (they apparently didn't get any?).
codes were just late, apparently. Giving out genuine bluepaws(?).

I don't like the layout as much compared to last year, the food and merchandise booths are set up completely separated from the stands, last year you could quickly check the booths out and still follow the action on the side, this year you have to decide what do do.

Seems like there are a couple of professional cosplayers here, saw a LC, Venge and QoP with great costumes. Other sightings aside from the pros and casters: Sheever, ODPixel, a homemade Warlock costume, 3 separate Bloodseekers and a WR.

Good times!

kionedrik

Loda is really dragging Alliance down. His decision making leaves a lot to be desired and keeps leading his team into awkward positions and fights that cost them their lead and/or the game.

Imo he needs to take a break from competitive for a couple of months and get his head straight. He's not a bad player but he has been playing very bad in the past months.

iamblades

Ok that play might be the sickest tactical decision I've seen made in quite some time.

They knew that global would give them just enough time with fiend's grip to kill loda, and get backup in place to take a clean team fight.
Alliance really needed to ban silencer.

Tworak

oy team play what is it [A] dunno
eyeroll.gif

void is always surprisingly weak without damage items. loda slapping that shit around with a large trout

JC Sera

thinking of making a warding guide
nothing like tsunamis, a one for new people thats pretty simple?
also theres not really a post 6.82 ward guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom