• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I had the idea of just doing a custom game mode where it's the same as regular Dota but without the shop, then I worked through all the repercussions that would have and my brain started hurting

So, no item mode? It would be pretty easy to just turn off all items, but by default it sounds boring.

I had the idea of just doing a custom game mode where it's the same as regular Dota but without the shop, then I worked through all the repercussions that would have and my brain started hurting
I thought you meant being able to buy items from anywhere on the map instead of going to shops. Would make fights a bit crazy.

Artanisix

see, the talent system in hots is legitimately cool. having a system like that in dota would be really interesting. you'd be able to empower one of your basic abilities every few levels, and at 6 you would choose between 2 different ultimates. all your abilities are available at level 1, and they all scale in power with your level

this is totally different than a no-items mode in dota, which would be a balancing nightmare and just boring

I recycled pieces of a bounty hunter set I got via drops in the old old old system because I didn't much care for how it looked

Traded in my 1000 coins, got that same set

Volvo why

monocromo

So, here is my prediction: the first new hero (not the old unreleased ones) is going to have some sort of break or mute ability.

What do you think ?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
see, the talent system in hots is legitimately cool. having a system like that in dota would be really interesting. you'd be able to empower one of your basic abilities every few levels, and at 6 you would choose between 2 different ultimates. all your abilities are available at level 1, and they all scale in power with your level

this is totally different than a no-items mode in dota, which would be a balancing nightmare and just boring

Maybe that would be a good gimmick for an individual hero for Dota? Hard to balance but no more so than Invoker I would imagine.

If a hero can't buy items then what do you need gold for? The hero would either be op or useless, I don't see a middleground.

Maybe if his abilities were based around gold

See where I'm going with this?

Artanisix

yeah, items are fundamental to dota. maybe you could do something like, instead of gold he gets bonus xp for last hits and hero kills, and he has an upper bound of level 50 or something. idk, you could make it work in some way

Love me some good comeback, once they started high ground push the bodies started to pile up, almost got a rampage out of a 5 man echo slam too but pudge was too tanky.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1574749738

A damn shame that more often than not players will give up early on if thing go sour for the team, there is always a chance to win the game, it's never too late to win.

got sny. decided to turn it into manta bfly

accidentally built halberd
crazy.gif

Artanisix

when do you think we'll finally see new heroes in dota 2? not until next year at the very least, frog has been spacing out hero releases like craaaazy and tagging them together with other updates and arcanas

He's taken his sweet ass time with pre-existing heroes, I think it'll be at least a full year after all heroes are in Dota 2 before we even see hints of a new hero.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
when do you think we'll finally see new heroes in dota 2? not until next year at the very least, frog has been spacing out hero releases like craaaazy and tagging them together with other updates and arcanas

Next year some time, if we're lucky.

We won't get another hero until Halloween probably, with Pit Lord at that time. I very much doubt we'll get Arc Warden any sooner. It's actually a joke to consider that people have been speculating Pit Lord for Halloween for like 3 years.

Acinixys

what the fuck.

I'd do unspeakable things to pay $350/month for a house. Blow jobs on tap, rim jobs, sexual slavery, yellow showers, etc. I wouldn't move to Detroit tho

America seriously sucks hot sweaty balls when it comes to living expenses

I pay $250 a month for a 2 bedroom house with a double garage in my country

laugh.gif

harSon

Banned
It's not that bad, you pay more in areas where there are jobs that also pay more.

What a coincidence.

That's not exactly a true picture. A lot of places have a cost of living that are much more affordable with respect to the average or median income even though they're offering wages that pale in comparison to what you'd earn in NYC, Bay Area, etc.

Man blizzard is pretty shameless about cash grabbing.

I figured in hero league you'd get access to all champions but the champions don't level so you don't get cosmetics and such. Which makes complete sense to me.

In reality, it's even worse. The weekly free to play heroes aren't available in hero league at all.

Jumping to dota 2 custom games and will play HOTS if friends want only. THere are tons of little items missing not even worth mentioning.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Man blizzard is pretty shameless about cash grabbing.

I figured in hero league you'd get access to all champions but the champions don't level so you don't get cosmetics and such. Which makes complete sense to me.

In reality, it's even worse. The weekly free to play heroes aren't available in hero league at all.

Jumping to dota 2 custom games and will play HOTS if friends want only. THere are tons of little items missing not even worth mentioning.

yeah hots is actually a decently fun game and a nice departure from dota but the payment scheme just handicaps it imo--it's so fucking awful and an enormous barrier to entry, way more so than all of dota's "burden of knowledge"

yeah hots is actually a decently fun game and a nice departure from dota but the payment scheme just handicaps it imo--it's so fucking awful and an enormous barrier to entry, way more so than all of dota's "burden of knowledge"

It is fun and i enjoy the quicker games that don't make me rage as much (due to less time invested).

With custom games, I expect someone to make a similar game in time.Just played overthrow. Wow that was fun! servers/hosting needs more stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom