• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

Yo DotaGAF, just got word that the team I put together got into the Rektreational 2. I need someone to help me make a team logo! It would fit in something like this, I think. We are Team Zeroes of the Storm. The logo needs to be 300 by 300px.

TEAM MEMBERS (you know who you are)

I would prefer a real picture of you, but I understand if you don't want to use one (I'll use your steam picture). I will have to use your name, which you've already given me. So here's what I need from you:

The picture you want me to use
your steam URL
The handle you want to go by for the tournament

Sends all of these to me at surielvazquez at gmail dot com

Again, I also need a 300/300px logo, team name Zeroes of the Storm.

Should be good.

cool.gif

TUSR

Banned
http://www.dota2.com/reborn/updates

- Enabled Mac client
- Enabled Linux client
- Fixed various bugs with non-QWERTY keyboard layouts
- Fixed performance bug relating to Huskar's Seering Dominator and Life Break ability
- Fixed issues where the units you have selected may be out of date.
- Fixed Familiars being visible in FoW
- Fixed an out of memory crash that would occur after playing multiple games in a row
- Fixed bug where there were spots along the edge of the map where camera grip did not work
- Fixed a case where alt-tab would return to a blank screen
- Fixed various layout bugs with active friend lobbies
- Fixed some unselectable units like Stone Remnants being selectable with certain options
- Fixed various bugs related to IME input
- Added support for a wider range of bindable keys
- Fixed character voices getting cut off
- Fixed audio static in the dashboard on some systems
- Custom lobby list supports filtering by region name
- Fixed Auto Attack behavior being inconsistent with Source 1
- Fixed various areas on the Terrain where you could get stuck
- Fixed Ember Spirit voice
- Fixed various bugs and performance issues when playing multiple games without restarting
- Fixed some juke spots that were unintentionally changed
- Fixed various bugs with Mud Golem behavior
- Fixed a bug that could cause voice chat to be garbled
- Fixed camera height being slightly incorrect in Dota games
- Added walkable flag to the nonavclip material so that it will set the ground height
- Various terrain warding fixes
- Fixed the top bar text in the UI disappearing sometimes
- Fixed various performance issues and bugs that result from alt-tabbing
- Custom Lobby list now support filtering by region name
- The "Unable to load sound system data" error is fixed after validating and restarting Steam.
- Fixed multi-team bug where Slark's Shadow Dance passive was only disabled by vision from one of the enemy teams
- Fixed data-driven modifiers being unable to apply MODIFIER_PROPERTY_COOLDOWN_PERCENTAGE
- Fixed data-driven modifiers being unable to apply MODIFIER_PROPERTY_FIXED_DAY_VISION
- Fixed data-driven modifiers being unable to apply MODIFIER_PROPERTY_FIXED_NIGHT_VISION
- Fixed a bug where reloading the same map would cause Lua-based modifiers to fail
- Panorama's AsyncWebRequest function now works for any URL when used in custom game UI
- Added GetAttributes() scripting capabilities to modifier_lua
- Fixed a bug in Custom Games scripting where ReplaceHeroWith would crash if the unit name was invalid
- Fixed a bug causing the dota_npc_creature class to sometimes not receive its HP upgrade
- Fixed an issue causing script_help2 and cl_script_help2 to not display certain bindings
- Fixed a bug where the panorama debugger tries to invoke a nonexistent p4.exe
- Fixed bug where modifying panorama files didn't cause them to be automatically recompiled
- Fixed crash in custom games when upgrading an ability on a hero that has more skill points than their level
- Changed SFM to default to saving in the user’s addon directory, which fixes some "failure to save" problems
- Tuned SFM light and camera defaults, so that creating a light in a new session now visibly lights the ground
- Improved the quality of shadows in SFM
- Fixed the Dota map's radiant and dire base ground meshes not rendering in SFM
- Added user-editable color tint support for SFM models

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
see, the talent system in hots is legitimately cool. having a system like that in dota would be really interesting. you'd be able to empower one of your basic abilities every few levels, and at 6 you would choose between 2 different ultimates. all your abilities are available at level 1, and they all scale in power with your level

this is totally different than a no-items mode in dota, which would be a balancing nightmare and just boring
This is absolutely shameful display.

Sibylus

Banned
see, the talent system in hots is legitimately cool. having a system like that in dota would be really interesting. you'd be able to empower one of your basic abilities every few levels, and at 6 you would choose between 2 different ultimates. all your abilities are available at level 1, and they all scale in power with your level

this is totally different than a no-items mode in dota, which would be a balancing nightmare and just boring
I was thinking this myself when I played HOTS. A talent system in Dota would be something I think I could get behind with the right adjustments (kinda like CDR and spell vamp before they happened).

Aghs Scepter upgrade maybe?

Razzer

So nothing that involves fixing the network so people can actually play games.... lol
Sometimes bugs can be hard to find. Not to mention that the various issues are almost certainly caused by lots of little things. It's not like there is a button to just fix the network. I'm sure they are all working long hours getting this shit done.

shira

Sale on EG.Arteezy stuff before it's discontinued
We're launching a slew of new merch for Evil Geniuses over the coming weeks, and so we felt it was time to retire some of the old in order to usher in the new! Enjoy massive discounts to the shirts below for one week. After one week, we'll take the shirts down forever! Get 'em before they're gone.
CIIyThaUAAAB4-n.png:large

http://sale.evilgeniuses.gg/

pompidu

Sometimes bugs can be hard to find. Not to mention that the various issues are almost certainly caused by lots of little things. It's not like there is a button to just fix the network. I'm sure they are all working long hours getting this shit done.

I mean bug fixes are nice but this is a game, not a power point presentation. Which this thing is right now. If you host a lobby and get in, nothing even works.

ScOULaris

I mean bug fixes are nice but this is a game, not a power point presentation. Which this thing is right now. If you host a lobby and get in, nothing even works.
Haha, come on. That's an exaggeration and you know it. People leaving games or failing to load is definitely a problem, but it's not as bad as you make it sound.

I must have been lucky then, the first day was a hot mess for sure but just after the first update it worked much better for me, most of the time is people declining games and hosts with laggy games where everyone leaves because of it.

Artanisix

"I mean bug fixes are nice but this is a game, not a power point presentation. Which this thing is right now. If you host a lobby and get in, nothing even works."

Dude do you exaggerate in every single post you make? Because you're exaggerating in every post you make.

Elitro

I didn't really wanna vote for storm, because it's such a disgusting hero. But zues... urgh.

Also i was so torn between invoker and Jugg. But i really wanna see Valve suffer by making special effects for each invoke. U BETTER MAKE EVERY SPELL DIFFERENT VALVE!
mayatomr_smirk.gif

shira

Not a single support or semi-support made it in unless you count ward/bomb-sniffer Zeus or backlines medic sniper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom