• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saprol

Invoker arcana would be so
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Quesa

I always save my teammates from sunstrikes in skillshot wars with my hooks but they never reciprocate and it's frustrating af i mean I'm right there you dweeb

rac

Banned
So arcana votes new round is out (disregard the emblems with an X next to them those are just picks of the person who took the screenshot)

VOTE FOR INVOKER OR STORM ARCANA YOU NERDS

if you want an invoker arcana why dont you just play hots?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
about what i expected.

still gonna be salty about ember not making it
they could have made his arcana with water effects.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, it took like 2 hours, but I finally replicated LoLs additive stacking critical hit system. All I had to do was make a dummy item with 5 modifiers of 20 levels each, and switch out the modifier depending on your crit chance.

Please tell me LoL does not have fractions of critical hit chance. Runes don't count because fuck the rune system.

Also, some of these items have stupid complex passive. Burden of knowledge my ass, just look at this named effect, Spoils of War:
Spoils of War: Melee autoattacks execute minions below 200 (+100% AD) health. Killing a minion by any means heals you and the nearest (within 1100 range) allied champion for 40 health and grants them gold equal to the kill. These effects require a nearby allied champion and consume a charge. Recharges every 60 seconds. Max 2 charges.
You may only be in possession of 1 Gold Income item.

So you have an item exclusive to melee champs that will KO a low HP unit if you have a charge, but only if you have an ally near you, and then you both get healed and the ally gets bonus money. This is going to be annoying to code up.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, it took like 2 hours, but I finally replicated LoLs additive stacking critical hit system. All I had to do was make a dummy item with 5 modifiers of 20 levels each, and switch out the modifier depending on your crit chance.

Please tell me LoL does not have fractions of critical hit chance. Runes don't count because fuck the rune system.

Also, some of these items have stupid complex passive. Burden of knowledge my ass, just look at this named effect, Spoils of War:

So you have an item exclusive to melee champs that will KO a low HP unit if you have a charge, but only if you have an ally near you, and then you both get healed and the ally gets bonus money. This is going to be annoying to code up.
the item is actually not exclusive to melees but the execution damage is.
that is the bonus damage dealt is exclusive but if a ranged champ holding the item deals the killing blow with a normal auto attack then they share the gold and hp regen as well.

and yeah, both get the last hit, not just the other guy. it's a support item to give some gold to supports throughout the early game while not stepping on the carry's farm

Haunted

Shittiest voting community.

Next time exclude the 20 characters with the most items from being voted on.

Spread the love.

Randdalf

Couldn't you have a modifier which you create in code, and apply to an invisible "LoL passive ability" and then update its values when you get a new crit item? Having a bunch of abilities that get switched out seems inflexible.

kionedrik

Storm and Invoker over their competitors was expected. Seriously fuck Zeus and Jugg.

But that doesn't matter as long as Slark and QoP keep going forward and meet up in the final.

Hey it's the truth. As a hero he sucks and his current model doesn't allow for a very interesting arcana... What are you going to give him, golden whiskers? or maybe a pikachu pet?

If you can't handle the truth we can always 1v1 mid and decide it.
cheeky.gif
smile.gif

Maybe his Arcana is a visual update.

;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom