• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

You're a good man SilentRacoon we won't forget your sacrifice today

The three least-picked heroes in competitive aaaaaare...

Doom
Luna
Batrider

what a game

Low Tier
ur the ultimate form of cancer if u pick viper huskar

SE4ecn6.gif

Zephyx

You deserved it then. It doesn't matter if they all go 0/20, you don't do that shit.

I had a game where I played Enigma a few months ago, it looked like a total disaster, the enemy Void was 12/0 at around 10 minutes. I kept at it though, and brought my team together despite them being at each other's throats.

Then look what happened: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1424826859

That's right, against all odds, we won. Just look at that XP graph.

Silly question: Why do people get radiance on Enigma? I've been in one game also where an enemy Enigma built radiance after Blink.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1556113735

I'm a bit baffled by this decision. A Veil or Octarine Core would be more worth it, imo.

Hylian7

Silly question: Why do people get radiance on Enigma? I've been in one game also where an enemy Enigma built radiance after Blink.

I'm a bit baffled by this decision. A Veil or Octarine Core would be more worth it, imo.

Honestly, the way that game ended up, I was doing all the work and had Aghs and Refresher, so I was like "Fuck it, Radiance to just kill everyone with Black Hole". That game was on 6.83, so Octarine wasn't a thing. I could have gone Veil, but remember Black Hole is Magic Damage and Midnight Pulse is pure.

pompidu

I don't know why people keep assuming this is a remodel+arcana

zeus remodel has nothing to do with arcana

in fact that's the exact reason NOT to vote for him

he's getting a remodel anyway sometime, plus he's getting an immortal. piling an arcana on top is just overkill imo. the remodel is not dependant on it. Obviously vote for him if you just want an arcana for him, but not because you think he needs a remodel.

that being said, they probably would bundle the two together because one is happening anyway, so they'll just wait until both are done if he wins.

Who said anything about a remodel? Hes never getting one si this is the next best thing.

Zephyx

Honestly, the way that game ended up, I was doing all the work and had Aghs and Refresher, so I was like "Fuck it, Radiance to just kill everyone with Black Hole". That game was on 6.83, so Octarine wasn't a thing. I could have gone Veil, but remember Black Hole is Magic Damage and Midnight Pulse is pure.

Yea, was just reminded that Midnight Pulse is indeed Pure damage so Veil wouldn't amplify it. But it has great synergy with Lina and Invoker if the veil was popped properly. Still, it's amazing you won even with that exp and gold deficit. The game I posted didn't have that huge deficit but we still won because that Enigma didn't have BKB and I was able to silence him with Static Field.

For the same dumb reason they justify it on centaur or necro; if part of your skillset involves being near enemies, it adds damage. Also it can prevent blinking out after you blink in to land the ult, but that doesn't make it worth the cost either.

Aghs does way more for black hole damage-wise than radiance, and black hole's purpose isn't damage anyway.

Imo team items (greaves/scythe/auras/vlads/pipe/crimson guard/ac/etc.) are always preferable to radiance on him.

Hylian7

Yea, was just reminded that Midnight Pulse is indeed Pure damage so Veil wouldn't amplify it. But it has great synergy with Lina and Invoker if the veil was popped properly. Still, it's amazing you won even with that exp and gold deficit. The game I posted didn't have that huge deficit but we still won because that Enigma didn't have BKB and I was able to silence him with Static Field.

Yeah, and like I said, it was normally a dumb item. My team wasn't exactly great, but I didn't focus on that, and kind of had to pick up a lot of slack myself. Void had Aegis a few times lategame and I actually had to use double Black Hole to kill him by myself. Radiance was damn helpful there.

bounchfx

Who said anything about a remodel? Hes never getting one si this is the next best thing.

it's more implied than anything tbh. he's one of the worst executed models in the game, despite having a cool design the texture is just not on par with most of the game. Jakiro, Slardar, Viper, and Zeus were the main ones on the list afiak.

Soo close to Zeus Arcana I can taste it....

yes.
it's more implied than anything tbh. he's one of the worst executed models in the game, despite having a cool design the texture is just not on par with most of the game. Jakiro, Slardar, Viper, and Zeus were the main ones on the list afiak.

the Mario taunt has made it pretty clear to me that no meaningful changes to the Zeus model are ever coming. I'd rather he get this Arcana than nothing.

I am stuck in this vicious cycle where I want to play carry because I feel like it's the only way to give myself a good chance of winning, and I don't want to be the jerk that refuses to adapt to my team, but I also wish that sometimes my team would be willing to adapt to me

am I going to have to become the "mid or feed" guy

JC Sera

I am stuck in this vicious cycle where I want to play carry because I feel like it's the only way to give myself a good chance of winning, and I don't want to be the jerk that refuses to adapt to my team, but I also wish that sometimes my team would be willing to adapt to me

have you tried playing abaddon before?

TUSR

Banned

just play mid

NBtoaster

I really dont like Abbadon. I've had people pick it recently as some kind of counter to Bloodseeker and it is always ineffective. The hero just doesn't do anything. I feel Omniknight is a better version of the hero, as both a support and carry.

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1594776749

B E L I V E B O Y S

Game was rough early, things not going well, team morale started falling, Leshrac kept calling gg. I told him "No, it's not over. Just survive to late, we can win this late game." Survive we did. I was able to keep some farm up, while not optimal, was able to survive to late game and truly shine. By then I would be very difficult to kill. Ember couldn't manmode, BH had to run for his life if I ulted, Techies didn't contribute anything if we were able to play around his mines, Jugg was killable with the team easily. Gyro found himself shorting out with a 5 second BKB against our team. It was glorious.

Shugg, I want you to take a look at this game and watch the first 30 minutes of it at least, and tell me if you would have fed couriers.

Chris R

Well fuck me. Went shadow blade first instead of maelstrom.

Lost to a rat NP (smurf i think)

Gg

Doesn't help that my team was full of stupid and feeders but of course the loss was my fault

JC Sera

Just finished a game with him actually

first player on our team instapicked techies and the other team just picked long range heroes and destroyed us

fjlksajf;lksadjflk;sajflksdfjlsdjflk;sdjkf
//comforting pats
Damn, I find hes a pretty legit solo hero, but nobody does well when shit like that happens.

3 games tonight full of the most BS imaginable

last game we had a Lion that disconnected after 5 minutes but never actually clicked the leave game button so we didnt get any bonus gold

that shouldnt even be allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom