• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Just spent 10 minutes after a match chuckling as a guy friended me from my team and proceeded to flame me for being bad. He was playing on a 50 hour alt account and refused to link me to his main "because he didn't want to waste his time" as he wasted 10 minutes talking really weak shit about me being a fish with a short memory for some reason. Dude was wack.
I have seen people like that before. What's funnier is when they are muted and pull that shit, and suddenly you know exactly why they are muted.

A few weeks ago I had a Peruvian Muted Bloodseeker on my team. We won. The other team blamed Peruvians. I guess they weren't wrong though, after all they lost to Peruvians on my team, therefore Peruvians were responsible for their loss.

I wanted to post about this while I was banned, but I have been following that @WomanInDota Twitter account, and holy shit she gets a lot of harassment. It's like Gamergate level garbage. I think what she does is great as it brings the constant sexism in our community to light. I don't know who would do it, but I also hope to see some kind of similar "PeruvianInDota" account to point out blatant racism that goes by all the time. I know at least once every few games I hear stuff like "fag" or "nigger" thrown around by a player.

Wok

Basilius, Aquila and Vlad's do not stack. If you have Basilius + Aquila, you get +0.65 mana regen and +2 armor. If you have either/both and Vlad's, you get +0.8 mana regen, +5 armor and the other bonuses Vlad's gives.

I guess the easiest way to put it is: auras that are in the same 'family' do not stack. If you have multiple, only the highest value aura is active.

Basilius, Aquila and Vlad's are all of the Basilius group.

Here is an overview from reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/35hk2g/i_made_a_visual_guide_to_what_parts_of_auras_do/

However, note that it's not 100% correct, as pointed out by the top comment:

Hope this helps!

EDIT: also I think this was before Headdress was added to the Vlad's buildup.

Thanks a lot!

Hylian7

I've been since thursday or so, hardly played because vacations
Got lpq'd because i fed a courier when game was lost, but i was with a 4stack of feeding shits
You deserved it then. It doesn't matter if they all go 0/20, you don't do that shit.

I had a game where I played Enigma a few months ago, it looked like a total disaster, the enemy Void was 12/0 at around 10 minutes. I kept at it though, and brought my team together despite them being at each other's throats.

Then look what happened: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1424826859

That's right, against all odds, we won. Just look at that XP graph.

Elitro

Necro Ancients is a game winning strat

Kappa.png

Credit to reddit.

JoeInky

I just had the weirdest game.

Units were shifting in and out of existence, becoming completely invisible, unable to be attacked by anything and yet still considered when doing the pathfinding calculation.

Buildings kept becoming completely invulnerable.

It happened near the end of the game and just ruined everything.

Thanks valve.

You deserved it then. It doesn't matter if they all go 0/20, you don't do that shit.

I had a game where I played Enigma a few months ago, it looked like a total disaster, the enemy Void was 12/0 at around 10 minutes. I kept at it though, and brought my team together despite them being at each other's throats.

Then look what happened: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1424826859

That's right, against all odds, we won. Just look at that XP graph.

yeah i'm sure we could have won that

lion no boots, didn't even buy flying courier, TA doing fuckall all game, razor blink no boots
ok
highfive.gif

4stacks are a fucking plague

Hylian7

yeah i'm sure we could have won that

lion no boots, didn't even buy flying courier, TA doing fuckall all game, razor blink no boots
ok
highfive.gif

4stacks are a fucking plague

I've seen dumber win games. Even if hypothetically it wasn't winnable, what purpose does feeding couriers accomplish other than making you an asshole?

Hylian7

making the game end faster after the enemy wiped us under our T3

Does it though? Feeding the couriers just gives the other team reason to fuck around instead of realizing "Hey, there's a chance these guys might become a serious threat if we dick around and don't end this"

I just had the weirdest game.

Units were shifting in and out of existence, becoming completely invisible, unable to be attacked by anything and yet still considered when doing the pathfinding calculation.

Buildings kept becoming completely invulnerable.

It happened near the end of the game and just ruined everything.

Thanks valve.

Did you tried reconnecting into the game? I have had similar symptoms after my internet craps itself, one time I didn't even had vision over my own creeps, they were shown as enemy for some reason, I just had to reconnect and it all went back to normal.

DrPizza

Banned
You feed the courier, you get reported. I don't care if they've got megacreeps and are fountain farming us. There's no excuse for that kind of behaviour.

bbd23

so bloodstone on clinkz is fun. saw arteezy build it yesterday and tried it out.,

still lost but ill blame it on the magnus letting rubick steal rp all the time :3

troll.gif

Hylian7

It's because "retarded" has been stigmatized too much, so now they use autism as an adjective instead to make themselves feel better.

They act like "autistic" is somehow better than "retarded"...

Edit: I should clarify, better in regards to "This somehow doesn't fucking insult a bunch of people at once as a pejorative term.

Abaddon is just so OP for me right now.

Phase boots -> DoE <-> Vlads -> S&Y -> AC -> SB <-> Daed <-> MKB -> EoS

Can also get Blade Mail, Heaven Halbred, Solar Crest, Silver Edge etc. depending on the situation.

The amount of aura helps my carries so much, it's ridiculous especially Abaddon's passive lol. We had a Spectre on our team that was like 1-9, but after the 30 min when I got my AC we just started stomping all over them, against a farmed as fuck AM.

Gained like 100 MMR (in potato bracket, but still lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom