• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

I like the effort, but get real. VOTE FOR TINY ARCANA.

VOTE FOR STINKLS BAN.

Ii01196.gif

highfive.gif

edit: ok ok, i get it, i'm done

kvk1

steve throw out your best "yeeehawwww" and start singing the lyrics to stranglehold

foreign women love the authentic american experience

wow so steve goes gallivanting around the globe to potentially visit NObear in some random island nation but still won't chill with moblin and make fun of canadians over beer

I see how it is

I see.

Hupsel

There was one bad Dota player named Stinkls
Oh the wind and the rain

He chose mid and fed first blood
Oh the wind and the rain

Now this shadow fiend is fed and got a rampage
Oh the dreadful wind and rain

this game is GOAT pls play

Also I dont have the naga emoticon wtffff

Just had a match where someone started crying over the mic because the team was doing horrible, then after we won he sounded as if his life had found a new meaning and a beacon of hope shinned over his soul.

It was one of the most bizarre things that I have experienced in all of my time playing dota.

Hylian7

Just had a match where someone started crying over the mic because the team was doing horrible, then after we won he sounded as if his life had found a new meaning and a beacon of hope shinned over his soul.

It was one of the most bizarre things that I have experienced in all of my time playing dota.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1596775167

This one happened today, this Zeus was complaining about literally everything, even saying "DON'T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY" when we were asking him to ult someone that was low.

Kade

I have to do like, a year's worth of story quests in FFXIV to even access the Heavensward content and some of it is really bad or requires duty finder. :/

Sayah

HALP!

I installed this game. It launched fine initially but then the menu was all laggy and the menu sound all distorted. I have a Nvidia Geforce 740m graphics card, which is well qualified to run this game. So I thought maybe the game was running on the integrated graphics instead. I installed GEforce Experience and optimized this game, which increased the graphic effects even more apparently turning on shadow filters and stuff. After that, the game just refused to launch. I get a "preparing to launch" from Steam but nothing happens afterwards.

I also noticed that in the game's file in My Computer, a new file with a label of "Access Violation" shows up each time I try to launch the game.

Any quick fix for this or do I just have to delete and reinstall the game?

Edit: I should mention I google searched and already tried the following
1. Unchecking the showing of "Steam Overlay" from the game's properties.
2. Verified "Integrity of Game Cache" through properties.
3. Reverted the optimal settings I put in through Geforce Experience app.

Edit 2: Nevermind. I'll just reinstall it, I guess.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
mfw Tusr wants to play in my stack and he's the only player to not fail at a catastrophic level

post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-gi-DBvb.gif

Hylian7

I've been thinking about this lately. I know IceFrog likes to make changes heroes not out of necessary nerf or buff needs sometimes, but just to move things around or keep things from being stale (for instance, a hero isn't necessarily "OP" in the usual sense, but more of a jack of all trades).

In this case, the best example I can think of is Gyro. As far as carries go, what doesn't Gyro do? I feel like he's the one carry in the game without a significant weakness, and if he does have one, it's certainly one that seems fairly easy to mitigate. I mean lets just go over what all Gyro can do:

+ One of, if not the best, level 1 hero in the game
+ Early game potential, great in aggressive lanes
+ Able to harass while farming (Flak Cannon) to prepare to dive
+ Ultimate with short cooldown that's a good AoE nuke, slow, and can even be used to farm large stacks
+ Great ancient farming ability
+ Becomes a monster lategame
- Low starting attack damage
- Short attack range (however Flak Cannon kind of mitigates this)

Those last two are the only real disadvantages of Gyro. I honestly don't know of any other carry in the game that's a "jack of all trades" carry like Gyro is right now. He's effective early game, mid game, late game, whenever the hell you want him he's there. It basically feels like most of the time it's "If the other team didn't pick or ban him, why wouldn't you pick Gyro as your carry?"

That said, and this part is on a different note, even a few months in I can honestly say that 6.84c is my favorite patch. Usually for maybe the first weeks or month or so, It's like "This patch is cool, I like it" then people have it figured out and it comes down to "Fuck x hero, x hero, and x hero every single game". In 6.84c, I honestly don't feel like that's the case and I see more variety in picks. The only ones I really see super often in pub games (and this is just anecdotal experience) are Gyro, Leshrac, Windrunner, and Techies. I don't really think anyone is extremely OP in this patch, except maybe Leshrac, which honestly just kind of needs a slap in the wrist to get him into place (fuck Lightning). Even then he is a pain in the ass to lane against and usually wins whatever lane he's in, then after that the team can still deal with him. The rubberbanding isn't 6.83 levels of ridiculous, and now the gold gain from ending sprees feels just right.

I've been thinking about this lately. I know IceFrog likes to make changes heroes not out of necessary nerf or buff needs sometimes, but just to move things around or keep things from being stale (for instance, a hero isn't necessarily "OP" in the usual sense, but more of a jack of all trades).

In this case, the best example I can think of is Gyro. As far as carries go, what doesn't Gyro do? I feel like he's the one carry in the game without a significant weakness, and if he does have one, it's certainly one that seems fairly easy to mitigate. I mean lets just go over what all Gyro can do:

+ One of, if not the best, level 1 hero in the game
+ Early game potential, great in aggressive lanes
+ Able to harass while farming (Flak Cannon) to prepare to dive
+ Ultimate with short cooldown that's a good AoE nuke, slow, and can even be used to farm large stacks
+ Great ancient farming ability
+ Becomes a monster lategame
- Low starting attack damage
- Short attack range (however Flak Cannon kind of mitigates this)

Those last two are the only real disadvantages of Gyro. I honestly don't know of any other carry in the game that's a "jack of all trades" carry like Gyro is right now. He's effective early game, mid game, late game, whenever the hell you want him he's there. It basically feels like most of the time it's "If the other team didn't pick or ban him, why wouldn't you pick Gyro as your carry?"

He is not that strong man fighting late game. Equally equipped cores outmanfight him late game handily.

kionedrik

Yeah, 1v1 that is true. Against Illusion-based heroes he beats those for sure though.

That's not completely true. Once his flak is down he really struggles and a farmed illusion hero like naga or PL can keep illusions alive during flak.

Like Alchemist he needs to be 1 item ahead of the enemy carry to be effective and his farming tools allow him to achieve that. On equal footing i'd say 70% of the carry pool can take him 1v1 and the other 30% can't do that because they tend to fall off pretty hard after mid-game (viper and bs for instance).

You also forgot another con, he is rather easy to kite.

NBtoaster

Saw the 'Overdagon' mod on the workshop, but initially misread it as Overdragon. Thought that sounded much better so I started work on a mod where its Overthrow, except you buy dragons and fight them against each other. It'll probably be hard to balance and not fun because it requires micro, but whatever its good practice.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Stinkls' heel turn is the worst thing to happen to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom