• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

whats the heel turn?

imagine you're a Radiant hero

then all of sudden you reveal that you were DIRE all along

fire.gif

So what do people think about this?(Stolen from Reddit)

There seems to be no advantage anymore to playing on Dire side now Rosh advantage is minimal, what do you think they should change so the sides are more balanced?

BigAT

Has Valve ever said if there is anything that determines side placement or if it's just a coin flip? I feel like it is skewed somehow at times. My last eight consecutive games have all been on Dire and over my last 60 games played, 43 of them have been on Dire compared to just 17 Radiant.

NBtoaster

There seems to be no advantage anymore to playing on Dire side now Rosh advantage is minimal, what do you think they should change so the sides are more balanced?

Move the Radiant medium camp next to the river slightly to the right so you can pull it as Dire offlane. Or move the Dire large camp to the right so radiant cant pull it.

Offlane being able to pull is a big deal, often in pro games Dire will ward their own hard camp just to stop it, wasting resources, stacking potential and limiting the support to small camp xp.

Even though I have better winrate on dire, I will always consider Radiant to be the better side to play only because of the laning advantage they get by being able to pull creeps from both sides of the map.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1596775167

This one happened today, this Zeus was complaining about literally everything, even saying "DON'T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY" when we were asking him to ult someone that was low.

I have had people like that all the time, but this guys was literally crying over the mic you could hear him sobbing and all, if you cry over a game you need to rethink your whole life.
ashot_jugg.gif

BigAT

Now that I think about it, I actually had an alt that had 24 consecutive matches as Dire. That can't be random chance.

While browsing my acc, I accidentally stumbled upon this game once again. Worst loss in Dota history. I didn't deserve that one at all and I'm still not over it. With a fellow GAFer as well lmao.

Haunted

I have 3.4% better winrate on Dire, pros DISPROVED.

I wonder if icefrog is going to mess with the map again. Add a couple trees to Radiant Jungle, switch camps around, that kind of stuff.

I mean EG were sacrificing everything for Dire last year, so it goes in ebbs and flows. I feel like a tweak to one of the off lanes would help, but I'm not sure how you would go about it.

kionedrik

I believe it's MMR distribution

The algorithm takes the 2 biggest MMRs and the 2 lowest and puts 1 of each in each team. Then uses the rest of the players to make an even distribution.

Parties use the average MMR of everyone in the party.

BigAT

I believe it's MMR distribution

The algorithm takes the 2 biggest MMRs and the 2 lowest and puts 1 of each in each team. Then uses the rest of the players to make an even distribution.

Parties use the average MMR of everyone in the party.

But what does any of that have to do with Dire vs. Radiant distribution?

kionedrik

But what does any of that have to do with Dire vs. Radiant distribution?

I was referring to the case where one player is put multiple times in the same faction. Each game has a 50% chance of you playing Dire or Radiant and the game doesn't take in account the faction you played in your last game. Each game is an independent event that results in an attempt at an even distribution of MMRs.

Radiant vs Dire is related to how we are used to perceive reality and how we were trained to do things. For instance, we write and read from left to right. When you play a FPS you are used to have all the info on the bottom side and the playing field on top of it. When you are playing on the Radiant side you are following the same guidelines you have been using for years, so you go from left to the right and you have an easier time orientating the camera (usually I leave my hero in the bottom, just like a FPS). Dire players have a harder time adjusting their playstyle.

On top of this the lanes favor radiant players, as was already mentioned above.

I was referring to the case where one player is put multiple times in the same faction.

Radiant vs Dire is related to how we are used to perceive reality and how we were trained to do things. For instance, we write and read from left to right. When you play a FPS you are used to have all the info on the bottom side and the playing field on top of it. When you are playing on the Radiant side you are following the same guidelines you have been using for years, so you go from left to the right and you have an easier time orientating the camera (usually I leave my hero in the bottom, just like a FPS). Dire players have a harder time adjusting their playstyle.

On top of this the lanes favor radiant players, as was already mentioned above.

Well, this may just be circumstantial evidence but i come from a culture where we read and write from right to left and these are my stats.
So i guess there might be some truth to that?

That buff has had less impact than the change to land mines' detonation time, in my experience.

I just lost a game because of it, our NS didn't know about the sign ability and died then we couldn't push high ground at all because of it despite having 25k lead and winning fight after fight . (it was the only lane we can push fast enough + we were down 2 sets of racks)
We out played the enemy and lost to stupid imba sign.
rage.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
http://www.datdota.com/stats.php?p=...e=&month_before=&year_before=&draft_meta=true

datdota says radi and dire are pretty much even, with second pick being slightly weaker. i'm inclined to choose datdota over selective provocative image. obviously secret prefer radiant for whatever reason though

I think its likely certain sides still make some strategies and compositions more viable, which in the end will always be the case as long as the map is asymmetrical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom